Page 779 of 872 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 8720

Thread: Funny CW moments page 779

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
    Almost every colour is based on cultural appropriation. In some areas of India they used to see black and dark blue as the same colour, calling it simply 'dark', this confusion is brought to light when you ask Hindus what colour Krishna's skin was (dark, black or blue). (Krishna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Magenta was only discovered in 1859. (Shades of magenta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Whiskas blended and copyrighted their own version or purple. (Green light for Whiskas purple trade mark | Managing Intellectual Property) Until recently, pink was seen as a form of light red and, therefore, as an energetic, sexual, virile or manly colour. (The History of Pink for Girls and Blue for Boys | Gender Focus) Ancient Greeks thought the sky was 'bright', not 'blue'. (Why Isn't the Sky Blue? - Radiolab Blue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Those last links also try to explain why blue, despite being a primary colour and one of our 'cone-colours', seems to be the hardest one for humans to pinpoint, describe and name.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I made Meatza over the weekend and had half of it as a left over for lunch yesterday. I had some carrots along with it for the vitamins. My co-worker commented of the contrast between the two
    Him: "So that's two fo the opposits. all the grease and fat and than healthy carrots.

My carrots weren't biological and I always cut off the part that has been above ground. you can just taste the chemicals on it, so I answer.
    "Well, this meat is grass-fed and contains tons of healthy fats, the cheese on it is full-fat mozzarella so more healthy fats, it has pineapple and pepper in it. so that's the vitamins, and than I have carrots from a factory. completely treated with all sorts of chemicals, so I have to throw away the top part because you can just taste the chemicals even after washing them. So yeah, the carrots are the least healthiest on my lunch."

There was absolute silence while I enjoyed eating that fatty stuff...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Just tell them that to Korean green and blue are the same color. So the sky is green, the trees are green, the go light is blue...
    It's the same in Japan.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    This happened a while ago... I found a box of Girl Guide cookies on the table.

Me: "What are these abominations doing here?"

Mom: "They came to the door! I couldn't say no."

Me: "Too bad you can't just donate.... so what's the plan for these? Are we feeding them to dad?"

Mom: "...Well... yes, that's probably what will happen."

Me: "Okay then."

Dad is our garbage disposal these days. We're both horrible.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    This happened a while ago... I found a box of Girl Guide cookies on the table.

Me: "What are these abominations doing here?"

Mom: "They came to the door! I couldn't say no."

Me: "Too bad you can't just donate.... so what's the plan for these? Are we feeding them to dad?"

Mom: "...Well... yes, that's probably what will happen."

Me: "Okay then."

Dad is our garbage disposal these days. We're both horrible.
    I used to run scout/girl guide bottle drives for about 10 years, and every year I would get multiple boxes of girl guide cookies and bags and bags of scout popcorn. I don't think there's any other food I've ever eaten that makes me feel as terrible as I felt after eating those cookies and popcorn. Scary stuff.

Any you can donate without taking any cookies. Most people wouldn't think of saying no to the cookies, though!

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    My sister is trying to lose weight and I convinced her to try PB. On the phone last night she was bragging about how well she is doing - she went to Starbucks and got a skim peppermint mocha with whipped cream.

Point, missed.
    Last edited by Refontai; 11-14-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Technically, she didn't have grains...
    Dairy, yes. Fake sugar, yes. Chemicals, yes. But no grains.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I should have been clearer, she said she wants to "do what I'm doing". Which is not getting a skim (yuk) peppermint sugarbomb!
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Met an egg eating vegan yesterday. Didn't want to offend her by saying she's just a vegetarian

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Met an egg eating vegan yesterday. Didn't want to offend her by saying she's just a vegetarian
    I would've been ALL OVER offending her. But offending vegans is one of my favorite pastimes, so YMMV.

Sent via lightsaber