Page 777 of 871 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 777

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Just tell them that to Korean green and blue are the same color. So the sky is green, the trees are green, the go light is blue...
    How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    What? Where is here and have they never heard of celiac? Don't they watch House? That shit kills babies.
    Finland. They set parameters for "GF" products so that you can call it gluten free if it has less than 0,3% gluten remaining in the end product. Because hey, it only hurts a little! I was at a sushi place and asked about the gluten content of their food and they said yeah, the rolls and the soup they were serving do have a little gluten in them, but apparently "it's so little that none of our customers with coeliac have complained".
    Christ on a ladder.

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
    Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
    "Bread-Bread-Dinner
    It ain't makin' me any thinner
    I eat a sandwich for break-fast
    And then I have a sugar blast!
    I eat toasted bread for lunch
    And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
    At dinner I eat pasta
    And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
    Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
    Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
    The Champagne of Beards

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
    They just don't differentiate; they use the same work for both. When we tried to bug our teachers saying that was weird, they said well Americans consider turquoise to be blue even though the hue is the same differential as green to blue? I don't know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    D'oh!

So instead of eventually dying, I now know that I will definitely DEFINITELY die at some point.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
    Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
    Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)
    oh tell her to subtract the fiber and they are zero.. mua-hahahahahaha!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.
    Yes, you get the idea. Except that these numbers are probably 3 orders of magnitude and change higher than your real chances of dying on any given day, unless you're quite elderly, have been diagnosed with a late-stage terminal illness, or work in a field like deep sea fishing or alligator wrestling.
    The Champagne of Beards