Page 776 of 924 FirstFirst ... 276676726766774775776777778786826876 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,760 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
    Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
    Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
    They just don't differentiate; they use the same work for both. When we tried to bug our teachers saying that was weird, they said well Americans consider turquoise to be blue even though the hue is the same differential as green to blue? I don't know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
    Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
    So instead of eventually dying, I now know that I will definitely DEFINITELY die at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
    Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.

Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
    Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)
    oh tell her to subtract the fiber and they are zero.. mua-hahahahahaha!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.
    Yes, you get the idea. Except that these numbers are probably 3 orders of magnitude and change higher than your real chances of dying on any given day, unless you're quite elderly, have been diagnosed with a late-stage terminal illness, or work in a field like deep sea fishing or alligator wrestling.
    The Champagne of Beards

I was standing in the dairy section of the grocery store while waiting for my daughter in the bathroom.
    I counted three types or brands of butter, and 34 different brands or types of margarine. Wha???
    I hate margarine; that stuff is so nasty.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

On the fashion shoot on Thursday the girl we shot had 2 large donuts and an apple salad.

-_-;

She has a hot figure so I guess it works for her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Shop Now
    I work in a dairy department in a grocery store.

Story 1: A woman was asking about the difference between cage-free and organic and "certified humane" eggs. As we are talking she says, "I'm just trying to do the best I can. I was vegan for years, until my fingernails fell off."

Story 2: A woman was asking for a specific flavor of a specific brand of yogurt for her baby. I didn't have it, but I had that same flavor as a "baby" yogurt. She looks at it and says, "Whole milk? I haven't given my baby whole milk in over a year!"