Page 773 of 871 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 773

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    Do you have a chart for its and it's? And loose and lose? And waist and waste?

TIA.

Never mind, I just found the Oatmeal.
    It makes me loose my mind (pfft)

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Karin I am an SLP and work closely with these kids all day. I will certainly look up his book as I am looking for anything to help. Sounds like you are the type of parent every kids should have. One who cares and is willing to do the work to advocate for their kid. You would be amazed at how many out there don't have the skills or just won't learn the skills to do that. And yes, most of these kids eat horribly. But so do most of their peers so while food may certainly effect these children there is more going on. Overall I do tend to blame environment just because of the increasing changes in our kids behaviors. I wish it were a simple fix. Bless you for all you do. I cannot imagine the day in and day out struggfles you face !
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I have read that too. I have also heard from the doctors that it does not matter. Thank you for your input though. I am not close minded, I can not be when it comes to my kid. I have read so much, it irritates me when some people do not GET the whole picture.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I blame the environment. I think a major factor (but not the only factor) is maternal nutrition, in particular a low fat/low saturated fat and maybe high PUFA diet during a critical neural development period.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I blame the environment. I think a major factor (but not the only factor) is maternal nutrition, in particular a low fat/low saturated fat and maybe high PUFA diet during a critical neural development period.
    And it would be newsworthy indeed if this were somehow proven not to be the case.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    agreed, this would be interesting
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    This, my friends, is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I think I get where you are coming from and you are right that it is cause for concern. I have recently had to switch my daughter's therapist because the one we had basically said, i have done all I can (after 3 years). This new one is wondering if her diagnosis is not off a little and she is more on the autism scale than we thought. So, we also have to look at her meds- still.. again.. etc. ADHD is HARD to diagnose. There is not simple one test fits all. It can be a series of symptoms.
    *nods* That's another potential issue: the wrong therapist. Humans do, after all, have preconceptions and biases, so a therapist can easily get something slightly wrong, due to it being outside their experience/knowledge. The best solution there is usually to see a few therapists, so you can get a more rounded picture.
    Glad you're back on the path to discovering how to help your daughter. Not that I'm glad you haven't got it sorted yet, but as in I'm glad you're getting closer to knowing what's best for her.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    This is exactly my train of thought with this conversation. Just because something can't be "fixed" with diet doesn't make the diet not responsible in the first place. Another favorite of mine are "hereditary" diseases like heart disease and diabetes where heredity means eating the same garbage as your parents (to some extent).
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the gym, and two girls on the ellipticals behind me are talking about the calorie counter thing in the machine. Apparently they've been here for awhile and have only burned through the pie they had at lunch and can't believe all the hard work only amounted to one piece of pie.

They're skinnier than me though, so I'm just talking about them on the internet. 0_0

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    This is exactly my train of thought with this conversation. Just because something can't be "fixed" with diet doesn't make the diet not responsible in the first place. Another favorite of mine are "hereditary" diseases like heart disease and diabetes where heredity means eating the same garbage as your parents (to some extent).
    Celiac runs in my family. Shockingly, tons of people died of abdominal cancer before they'd specify which part had cancer. But if you ask my mother, it's not related in any way, shape, or form to food.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly