Page 77 of 873 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 77

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had to crosspost this from Ellie's journal:

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    I have a dear friend who must lose a certain amount of weight before she can have a laproscopic surgical procedure. Her dietician told her that she needs to stop eating so many raw vegetables, because the calories from those really add up.

Also, that she needs to eat way more grains.

As Dr. Eades would say, Jesus wept.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Tiggadyrue is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    Hmmm, if you pronounce Tostitos phonetically it sounds kind of like "toasted toes". That would TOTALLY be primal. Now to figure out which animal actually has toes that can be chopped off and toasted. Monkeys maybe?
    And Doritoes are from 'dirty-toes'... heehee

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ...why on EARTH you'de ever use corn oil on poor defenseless broccoli is beyond me.
    +1 The stuff is ominpresent.

Bought frozen wild salmon from the supermarket, 'with lemon and thyme garnish'. Got it home, looked at the garnish ingredients: lemon, thyme and vegetable oil. What did the salmon ever do to them?

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    my roommate's doctors have encouraged her to "eat more fruits and vegetables" for her hormonal problems... so she eats 5 fruits a day, no vegetables.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    And I bet that's on top of whatever she would usually eat, not in lieu of (say) grains?...

h3hound is offline Junior Member
    More CW from WebMD. No carb counts for their worst meals list.

Pictures of Fattening Restaurant Meals: Pasta, Burgers, Chinese, Pizza, and More

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I used to learn so much from the health page at Huffington Post, but then they set up an advisory board headed by Dean Ornish. Oops. This article today is ridiculous, and the author is of course selling his own diet books. Puh-leeeze.

Tim Harlan, M.D.: Low-Carb Diets Linked With Type 2 Diabetes

The hilarious thing though is he's getting killed in the comments. NObody agrees with him. Well, maybe one guy.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    I used to learn so much from the health page at Huffington Post, but then they set up an advisory board headed by Dean Ornish. Oops.
    One of the only times in my life I've ever been depressed to the point of suicide was when I spent two years torturing myself with a Dean Ornish/MacDougall diet.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And I bet that's on top of whatever she would usually eat, not in lieu of (say) grains?...
    no, she actually doesn't eat that much, but I still fill like I could diagnose what's wrong with her (wayyy too much omega 6, insulin resistance) and what they could be fixed by (more beef, more vegetables, more BUTTER, get rid of that horrific corn oil)

jennachica is offline Member
    Que best friend when asked what she wants to order for dinner, "I feel like some healthy vegetables tonight, lets order some Tempura".....