Page 765 of 880 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 765

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    Thank you for saying something.

I really get frustrated when people try to dismiss ADHD as an actual neurological condition and suggest that it can be 'cured' via diet or that it is 'caused' by one's diet. As an adult with ADHD, I can assure you that it is a real issue, and medication is often the best solution. Does eating better (and otherwise living primally) help out by eliminating some moderately-related issues (fatigue, anxiety, etc.)? Yes, of course. Does diet get rid of the root symptoms (forgetfulness, lack of proper focus, inability to motivate yourself)? Nope, not even close.
    your welcome and I totally hear you.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    When my daughter goes her to next therapy session I will get the name and author of the book I am referring to. It has pictures of the brain scans I am talking about but some articles to consider are:

ADHD: Attention Deficit and the Interest-Based Nervous System
    Discovery Health "Causes of ADHD and the ADHD Brain" reference to the grey matter is what I was talking about
    Causes of ADHD
    The influence of components of diet on ... [Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI discusses more of vitamin deficiencies rather than food causing harm
    I'm confused. None of those are studies and none of them show brain scans?

I TOLD you that the next time my daughter goes to therapy I will be the book and author for you to look up. Those were to get you going because you are not educated about ADHD.
    Karin

There are so many studies that have debunked food being related to ADHD,
    This is what I'm waiting for you to post. None of what you posted suggests this remotely.

ummm lets see, what I posts says its a neurological disorder. What part of that is food related? It is shared through heredity means, what part of that is food related. I got you started, do some research Rich.
    Karin

ummm lets see, what I posts says its a neurological disorder. What part of that is food related? It is shared through heredity means, what part of that is food related. I got you started, do some research Rich.
    What you post shows that the brains of people diagnosed with ADHD are different than the brains of those not diagnosed with ADHD. It says nothing about whether food can affect the already diminished ability of those with ADHD to concentrate or stay still. I shouldn't have to research a fantastic claim that you made that you have brain scans proving that sugar doesn't make kids with ADHD more hyperactive. The onus for proof of a fantastic claim is on the person making the fantastic claim.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    There are so many studies that have debunked food being related to ADHD, NOT that I am advocating (although I am guilty with my own child). What an ADHD brain looks like compared to a normal brain is way different. There is a, for lack of a better phrase, dead space where connections just do not happen. Hence, prescribing stimulants to fire those receptors. Some people use stimulants that are medicated and some use non-medicated (mt. Dew).
    Yet, in most cases, ADHD is diagnosed and categorized based on symptoms. So a perfectly normal kid who's not eating well or acting out to cope with stress from bullying could be put on ritalin. And nobody considers the fact that diet and lifestyle can influence the expression of certain illnesses/disorders. Just medication and that's it.
    It seems that all you have to do to be diagnosed with a sociological, mental, developmental or psychological problem is ask a psychiatrist/psychologist/doctor nowadays. Or, more simply put: the difference between 'normal' people and 'mad/damaged' people is that the 'mad/damaged' person has visited a psychiatrist.

PS: Another issue is where a kid with ADD is misdiagnosed as having ADHD due to displaying the hyperactive and/or bipolar-esque symptoms associated with ADHD, even though these particular symptoms could have another cause.
    Last edited by Kochin; 10-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What you post shows that the brains of people diagnosed with ADHD are different than the brains of those not diagnosed with ADHD. It says nothing about whether food can affect the already diminished ability of those with ADHD to concentrate or stay still. I shouldn't have to research a fantastic claim that you made that you have brain scans proving that sugar doesn't make kids with ADHD more hyperactive. The onus for proof of a fantastic claim is on the person making the fantastic claim.
    never said that. In fact, I mentioned NOTHING about sugar smart ass. I said that food is NOT cause of ADHD. The evidence I provided states that as well. There are some ignorant people that state food affects and or causes ADHD. That is FALSE. I did post an article that attributed to heightened ADHD to be vitamin and mineral deficient. Why you are looking for a fight is beyond me.
    Karin

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    A person was talking to me about wanting to lose weight and get in shape.

Person:"I mean, you're in good shape; what do you do?"

Me: "Don't eat processed crap, lift really heavy stuff 2-3 times per week. That's pretty much it."

Person: "What about cardio? How much do you do?"

Me: "Uh...just the heavy weights thing."

Person: "Weights aren't cardio!"

Me: "You're clearly not doing it right, then."