Page 765 of 924 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    never said that. In fact, I mentioned NOTHING about sugar smart ass. I said that food is NOT cause of ADHD. The evidence I provided states that as well. There are some ignorant people that state food affects and or causes ADHD. That is FALSE. I did post an article that attributed to heightened ADHD to be vitamin and mineral deficient. Why you are looking for a fight is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What you post shows that the brains of people diagnosed with ADHD are different than the brains of those not diagnosed with ADHD. It says nothing about whether food can affect the already diminished ability of those with ADHD to concentrate or stay still. I shouldn't have to research a fantastic claim that you made that you have brain scans proving that sugar doesn't make kids with ADHD more hyperactive. The onus for proof of a fantastic claim is on the person making the fantastic claim.
    I said food you mentioned sugar specifically. What is the matter with you?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

you are picking and choosing your quotes. YOU mentioned sugar I did not.

Look up the Doctor Daniel Amen. He did the brain scans and wrote the book.
    I'm over it. I was interested in the studies proving zero correlation between food choices and ADHD and they obviously don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Omg bahahahhaha funny!!!!

I've been enjoying this thread for quite some time, I hope it doesn't end up like that "sex thread" did! I guess I'll find out when I come back from vacation in two weeks!
    52 year old Male
    Goal: 185lbs
    April 10th: 220lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Yet, in most cases, ADHD is diagnosed and categorized based on symptoms. So a perfectly normal kid who's not eating well or acting out to cope with stress from bullying could be put on ritalin. And nobody considers the fact that diet and lifestyle can influence the expression of certain illnesses/disorders. Just medication and that's it.
    It seems that all you have to do to be diagnosed with a sociological, mental, developmental or psychological problem is ask a psychiatrist/psychologist/doctor nowadays. Or, more simply put: the difference between 'normal' people and 'mad/damaged' people is that the 'mad/damaged' person has visited a psychiatrist.

PS: Another issue is where a kid with ADD is misdiagnosed as having ADHD due to displaying the hyperactive and/or bipolar-esque symptoms associated with ADHD, even though these particular symptoms could have another cause.
    I think I get where you are coming from and you are right that it is cause for concern. I have recently had to switch my daughter's therapist because the one we had basically said, i have done all I can (after 3 years). This new one is wondering if her diagnosis is not off a little and she is more on the autism scale than we thought. So, we also have to look at her meds- still.. again.. etc. ADHD is HARD to diagnose. There is not simple one test fits all. It can be a series of symptoms.
    Karin

I'm over it. I was interested in the studies proving zero correlation between food choices and ADHD and they obviously don't exist.
    until you do the research you will never know. The book you need to read is by Dr. Daniel Amen. Or, stay ignorant. Don't care. I'm done.
    Karin

Know your over it but had to add that I read the FDA has admitted that some colours in foods make add & ADHD worse.

I have read that too. I have also heard from the doctors that it does not matter. Thank you for your input though. I am not close minded, I can not be when it comes to my kid. I have read so much, it irritates me when some people do not GET the whole picture.
    Karin

until you do the research you will never know. The book you need to read is by Dr. Daniel Amen. Or, stay ignorant. Don't care. I'm done.
    Have you heard of Fragile X?
    Maybe look into it. often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD/ASD.
    Simple blood test (ok not simple getting blood out of a child).

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Have you heard of Fragile X?
    Maybe look into it. often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD/ASD.
    Simple blood test (ok not simple getting blood out of a child).
    making a note to look it up. thank you.
    Karin