Page 761 of 924 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    At least it happened in a fitting thread...

Exactly.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So you think white bread is better for you? I don't think that science agrees.......
    I think white bread is less bad for you, but also bad for you. I think that filtered cigarettes may well be worse for people than unfiltered. I don't remotely condone smoking either kind of cigarettes. For the record, I'm not as convinced of the latter as the former, but I've seen the argument presented in a compelling way. But I was just nitpicking, and I don't think either of us is arguing that people should eat either kind of bread or smoke either kind of cigarette.

If whole grains do the most damage because of the antinutrients, then perhaps white bread would be better than whole grain bread. That said, the bread available to most of us, even at health food stores has all kinds of crap in it in addition to whichever wheat they use. Not being celiac, I've found a sliced sourdough bread at WFoods that has four ingredients in it. When I keep it in my freezer, it usually lasts between a month and two months.

Cigarettes. If I were going to smoke on a regular basis, I'd spend the money to find someone who was growing tobacco without pesticides if such a product exists. Filters might be a wash. They filter out stuff, but they make the smoking experience less harsh so you can smoke more. And goddess only knows what they put in the filters.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

To be fair, eating whole wheat bread is like smoking filtered cigarettes. It's much better for you than unfiltered cigarettes (or white bread).
    I like that, I'm gonna use that from now on:

Him/Her: "I eat Whole Wheat Bread because it's healthier!"
    Me: "That's like saying filtered cigarettes are heathier than non-filtered."
    52 year old Male
    Goal: 185lbs
    April 10th: 220lbs

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPenn View Post
    I like that, I'm gonna use that from now on:

Him/Her: "I eat Whole Wheat Bread because it's healthier!"
    Me: "That's like saying filtered cigarettes are heathier than non-filtered."
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think white bread is less bad for you, but also bad for you.
    Yup. 'twas my point.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think that filtered cigarettes may well be worse for people than unfiltered.
    Really? I always thought that nicotine was a relatively benign thing to be addicted to (if you're going to apply it in a patch or something). It was the tar and ash that did the damage to your lungs.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Really? I always thought that nicotine was a relatively benign thing to be addicted to (if you're going to apply it in a patch or something). It was the tar and ash that did the damage to your lungs.
    Well, people tend to self-regulate the nicotine. They smoke more light cigarettes or inhale them harder or whatever. And the filter may contain harmful chemicals, but I don't have any peer-reviewed studies to back that up. I also think whole wheat bread contains more antinutrients than white. But this isn't really an important topic to debate, since we both agree that bread and cigarettes in any form are best avoided.

It's just CW to think that whole grains are any better than their processed counterparts for anything more than the processing. I can't have wheat period, so it doesn't really register as anything to worry about for me, but if you're going to rank things from bad to worst, any conventional bread is going to be worst, regardless of whether it's immediate glucose spike or anti-nutients that are the problem. There is something to be said for a traditional sourdough, but you can bet the grains were pounded and the husk and bran mostly removed to make it more digestible.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Nice. Gotta keep those members around.