Page 761 of 901 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 761

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
    I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

The water tasted sweet!
    I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
    Huh. I think the water from bottles tastes like the plastic bottle. Only a bit, though. (Oh wait! You're talking about filtered water! I thought that meant water in bottle with a filter on it, haha.)
    Years ago, I only drank coke, no straight water. Now I only like water and tea, and water above tea. :P

Ever heard of a horse on SAD?
    Well after this weekend I have...

Me went to feed my grandpa's horse an apple. The horse didn't take it.
    My Grandpa: He only likes bread as a snack.
    me: Bread?
    Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
    My God! My aunt warned me to never feed her horse potatoes, because of the starch. She said it turned to sugar. Too much sugar is unhealthy for horses.
    Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
    I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

The water tasted sweet!
    Cold pickled herring is delicious! But kippers are smoked herring, from what I've seen. Very traditional english breakfast, I love them with eggs. They are EXTREMELY salty though, so I don't salt the eggs much. XD

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
    To be fair, eating whole wheat bread is like smoking filtered cigarettes. It's much better for you than unfiltered cigarettes (or white bread).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    To be fair, eating whole wheat bread is like smoking filtered cigarettes. It's much better for you than unfiltered cigarettes (or white bread).
    Don't really agree that either of those things are better.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Don't really agree that either of those things are better.
    You don't think that filtered cigarettes are better for you than unfiltered cigarettes? Or you don't think that whole wheat bread is better for you than white bread?

I'm actually quite proud of the analogy since it makes the point that wheat bread can be 'good' for you, but only in a relative sense.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    You don't think that filtered cigarettes are better for you than unfiltered cigarettes? Or you don't think that whole wheat bread is better for you than white bread?

I'm actually quite proud of the analogy since it makes the point that wheat bread can be 'good' for you, but only in a relative sense.
    More of the anti-nutrients and stuff that is hard to digest is stripped off in the white bread.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    More of the anti-nutrients and stuff that is hard to digest is stripped off in the white bread.
    So you think white bread is better for you? I don't think that science agrees.......

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    So you think white bread is better for you? I don't think that science agrees.......
    That, of course, depends on which science you listen to. It's the same logic as to why white rice is considered an acceptable cheat by most people who are cutting out grains, but brown rice is not.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    That, of course, depends on which science you listen to. It's the same logic as to why white rice is considered an acceptable cheat by most people who are cutting out grains, but brown rice is not.
    White flour has gluten in it. What's the equivalent baddie in white rice that you're basing your arguement on?