Page 759 of 924 FirstFirst ... 259659709749757758759760761769809859 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

  1. #7581
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    11,628
    Shop Now
    The only sugary cereals that were ever in our house were Mom's cereals (i.e. we kids weren't allowed to touch them.) I loved Honey Bunches of Oats and raisin bran, though. and Grapenuts, if I had time to let them sit and soak up the milk and get soggy. By CW standards, and compared to most of the kid's sugar cereals, that was pretty damn good. I think the only kid's cereal we ever got was Honeycomb (name?) or maybe Kix. I didn't care for those.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

  2. #7582
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,196
    The only cereal I remember my mom buying was puffed rice... or oatmeal... it freaks me out reading the ingredients of most of the "children's cereals" nowadays...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  3. #7583
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,682
    my mom bought puffed wheat and puffed rice. I remember it as only styrofoam and was thankful for a milk allergy.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  4. #7584
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    Oh, I have one! I have one!

    I used to watch this show "Beauty and the Beast". It's about this officer girl who meets this guy. The guy is basically half man half beast - although he doesn't look like a beast, he only roars and rips things apart with his nails/claws.. -
    So, I expected him to rip raw meat apart and eat it like that...
    But no. What does he eat for breakfast...

    Cereal. *Headdesk* He's a BEAST for crying out loud!!!

    Oh, and another one from the same show:
    There was this woman (the antagonist of one of the episodes)
    The officer woman offered to get some coffee for her (when she was still a witness and not a suspect) and said that she looked like the type of girl that wanted sugar and milk in their coffee.
    The woman said: "No, just black. I'm on the neanderthaler diet."
    So the officer girl was like: "What?"
    So the woman explained: "Nothing a caveman didn't eat. Give me some carbs." the last being in an exaggerated sad voice.

    Of course, she ended up being a mad woman, so the diet thing probably got dismissed by anyone who watches the show. :/

  5. #7585
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Oh, I have one! I have one!

    I used to watch this show "Beauty and the Beast". It's about this officer girl who meets this guy. The guy is basically half man half beast - although he doesn't look like a beast, he only roars and rips things apart with his nails/claws.. -
    So, I expected him to rip raw meat apart and eat it like that...
    But no. What does he eat for breakfast...

    Cereal. *Headdesk* He's a BEAST for crying out loud!!!

    Oh, and another one from the same show:
    There was this woman (the antagonist of one of the episodes)
    The officer woman offered to get some coffee for her (when she was still a witness and not a suspect) and said that she looked like the type of girl that wanted sugar and milk in their coffee.
    The woman said: "No, just black. I'm on the neanderthaler diet."
    So the officer girl was like: "What?"
    So the woman explained: "Nothing a caveman didn't eat. Give me some carbs." the last being in an exaggerated sad voice.

    Of course, she ended up being a mad woman, so the diet thing probably got dismissed by anyone who watches the show. :/
    Oi... you're right, he definitely should have been eating something more 'beast like' for breakfast. Maybe kippers. XD lol

  6. #7586
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    On a pregnancy forum... Question about roller coasters/amusement parks...

    One of the answers was something like "no, you can't go on the rides, but you can enjoy all that super yummy food!"

    Just thinking about all the food I've seen in amusement parks... It's usually crap & tastes like crap (also, usually non primal), but you're kind of trapped & even if you can/do leave, there's nothing nearby. Ew.
    The last time I got sick was from the Carnival Food at the Chino Air Show in May. That burrito tasted good going down but it was hell coming out!
    Last edited by PaleoPenn; 10-28-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    52 year old Male
    Goal: 185lbs
    April 10th: 220lbs

  7. #7587
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Oi... you're right, he definitely should have been eating something more 'beast like' for breakfast. Maybe kippers. XD lol
    Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

    Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
    I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

    The water tasted sweet!

  8. #7588
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Dutch lowlands
    Posts
    1,451
    Ever heard of a horse on SAD?
    Well after this weekend I have...

    Me went to feed my grandpa's horse an apple. The horse didn't take it.
    My Grandpa: He only likes bread as a snack.
    me: Bread?
    Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
    My story, My thought....

    It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

  9. #7589
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Dutch lowlands
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

    Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
    I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

    The water tasted sweet!
    I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
    My story, My thought....

    It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

  10. #7590
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
    Huh. I think the water from bottles tastes like the plastic bottle. Only a bit, though. (Oh wait! You're talking about filtered water! I thought that meant water in bottle with a filter on it, haha.)
    Years ago, I only drank coke, no straight water. Now I only like water and tea, and water above tea. :P


    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Ever heard of a horse on SAD?
    Well after this weekend I have...

    Me went to feed my grandpa's horse an apple. The horse didn't take it.
    My Grandpa: He only likes bread as a snack.
    me: Bread?
    Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
    My God! My aunt warned me to never feed her horse potatoes, because of the starch. She said it turned to sugar. Too much sugar is unhealthy for horses.
    Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-29-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •