Page 757 of 901 FirstFirst ... 257657707747755756757758759767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 757

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    So how's about posting her apple crumble recipe?
    Peel and core the apples. Slice them in sections. Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Place in a pie plate. Mix together sugar, butter and oatmeal until crumbly and dot on top of the apple mixture. I usually add some chopped nuts to the crumble mixture and mash the ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. You need to let the butter soften a bit, but not too much. Bake as you would a pie about an hour at 350. The apples should be soft and the liquid should be bubbling. The top will be slightly browned and crisp. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking.

This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Think I'll be making this for Christmas this year. And maybe if I can figure it out in time, a persimmon pudding with all those persimmons in the Korean markets.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    tea flavored sugar water
    *nod*

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    ...This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
    Thanks!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post

As a southerner, I understand that in the South tea is sweetened, but Red Lobster should be the exception as a restaurant that is supposed to represent Maine (New England).
    Red Lobster has NOTHING to do with New England, we don't even have any red lobsters in new england. so get that out of your head.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm in the heart of Bible Belt West Texas and consider myself a Zen semipagan. You learn to keep your mouth shut, smile at the intent behind the offers for prayers, and bless the hearts of those who try to convert you.
    I'm a person of faith that lives in NY State and find the atmosphere here very oppressive to people who believe in the Bible. Guess it works both ways. Happy I live under the grace of God! Thankfully there's room enough in this country for all of us.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Red Lobster has NOTHING to do with New England, we don't even have any red lobsters in new england. so get that out of your head.
    Yeah go there and ask them for a quahog. I bet they stare at you like you grew an extra head.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Whatever happened to reading comprehension? "...supposed to represent Maine (New England)." Red Lobster is an idea of what the food in that area might be like, ya know, for those that don't get to visit...the point is, you'd think they could at least get the tea right.

So yeah...take a breather ya da*n yankees.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Whatever happened to reading comprehension? "...supposed to represent Maine (New England)." Red Lobster is an idea of what the food in that area might be like, ya know, for those that don't get to visit...the point is, you'd think they could at least get the tea right.

So yeah...take a breather ya da*n yankees.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    oh this looks so good! Thanks!

Peel and core the apples. Slice them in sections. Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Place in a pie plate. Mix together sugar, butter and oatmeal until crumbly and dot on top of the apple mixture. I usually add some chopped nuts to the crumble mixture and mash the ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. You need to let the butter soften a bit, but not too much. Bake as you would a pie about an hour at 350. The apples should be soft and the liquid should be bubbling. The top will be slightly browned and crisp. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking.

This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Think I'll be making this for Christmas this year. And maybe if I can figure it out in time, a persimmon pudding with all those persimmons in the Korean markets.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Have you ever tried adding shredded coconut to the crumble mix? Very yummy