Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 757 of 923 FirstFirst ... 257657707747755756757758759767807857 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 9222

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    - Don't try to talk with a Southern accent if you don't have one. Nothing makes us madder than a Southern wannabe.

- Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.
    Grew up in Virginia. I never used "y'all" in any of it's forms when I was young. But for some reason when I moved to New York, it started flowing out my mouth like a waterfall.

I don't have an accent normally, but if I'm speaking with people from farther south than Richmond, it starts to creep in. If I'm spending multiple days in the Carolinas, forget it, I'm a Southern belle all the way. The other night I was playing Cards Against Humanity with a bunch of native New Yorkers and one guy from DEEP in SC. It was only a few hours, but my southern accent came out strong. I just can't help it, I promise I'm not a faker!
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Northern tea is in reality quite sweet and full of lemon flavor. It's less strong tea-wise than Sweet Tea, the emphasis being on the tart lemon/sweet flavor. It's a very weird combination if you're not used to it. If you're looking for unsweetened tea, that can be found in the Southwest primarily.

I was raised in NY by parents from Southern Oklahoma, so I've had all these type of tea.

QUOTE=WaylandC;1341534]I am a Georgia resident, born and raised, and I know this to be true. With that in mind, my mom and I ate at Red Lobster this past week. When our server, came for our drink order I said 'tea'.

Our drinks arrived and I just knew the tea was going to be sweet; a tentative sip through the straw proved me right. ACK! It was awful, and I just wanted to scrape the sweetness from my tongue.

As a southerner, I understand that in the South tea is sweetened, but Red Lobster should be the exception as a restaurant that is supposed to represent Maine (New England).

I had a new glass of tea soon after and it was actually decent and not bitter at all. Now, that I think about it, it probably wasn't real tea but some kind of colored water with tea flavoring. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Argh!

So my dad is definitely not Primal. He can't possibly give up his buns! *eyeroll* I even offered to get him gluten free ones... anyway.

Until recently his snack bar of choice has been the banana foster uber larabars. I actually think they're okay... if you're physically exerting yourself. They're basically nuts, honey and agave nectar. I don't approve of the agave but everything else is okay. I wish he wouldn't use them as a dessert but it beats the other options.

Just this week, though, he went back on Weight Watchers. My mom is on WW and Primal and is doing great so he wants to jump on the success bandwagon... without giving up his buns of course. Larabars have maybe 7 points which is fair for that many nuts and sugars. So what did he do? He bought Quaker oat bars, of course! Only four points! Of course the ingredient list is about three times longer than the Larabars, includes things like modified soy oil and is basically nothing but CRAP. But it's only 4 points!

He drives me crazy sometimes.

He's hanging out with the WWs and they're all talking about the evils of nuts and fats, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrainInABody View Post
    He's hanging out with the WWs and they're all talking about the evils of nuts and fats, right?
    And they extol the virtues of 2 and 2 point chemical snacks.

Wildrose - Can you just convince him that fresh fruits and vegis are better? If I remember, they have no points. (Yes, I'm a reformed WW, but I never ate the chemical bombs.) On the other hand, I used to make oatmeal bars with unsweetened applesauce, oatmeal, bananas, nuts and raisins optional. They're not paleo, but very low in points and no chemicals. Sometimes people just need baby steps. I'd do anything to encourage him. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    And they extol the virtues of 2 and 2 point chemical snacks.

Wildrose - Can you just convince him that fresh fruits and vegis are better? If I remember, they have no points. (Yes, I'm a reformed WW, but I never ate the chemical bombs.) On the other hand, I used to make oatmeal bars with unsweetened applesauce, oatmeal, bananas, nuts and raisins optional. They're not paleo, but very low in points and no chemicals. Sometimes people just need baby steps. I'd do anything to encourage him. Hang in there!
    Oh, he knows fruits and veggies have no points. He just wants his convenient bars. Maybe I will make him some though, that's a very good idea! Thanks!

Well, another moment courtesy of dad.

He was complaining about how many points were in his rather delicious bacon-mozzarella burger patties. I suggested just taking the patty and wrapping it in zero point veggies but nooo, can't lose the bun. Instead he put ham on the bun. *sighs* Anyway, he decided to fry up a patty for supper and asked me if I wanted one. I'm like sure, why not? Bacon-mozzarella should be good, right? I'd never tried them before. I idly picked up the package as he started frying them and looked through the ingredient list. I was expecting some manky oil but it was worse than that.

Me: DAD! This has BREADCRUMBS! You know I'm going gluten-free!

Him: Oh, how many carbs do they add? It can't be much.

Me: >< You have totally missed the point of gluten-free there... nevermind I don't want one.

And then he was pissed at me for making him eat them all for supper. Haha. XD Fortunately mom was on my side although she reminded me that he NEVER reads labels.

On a pregnancy forum... Question about roller coasters/amusement parks...

One of the answers was something like "no, you can't go on the rides, but you can enjoy all that super yummy food!"

Just thinking about all the food I've seen in amusement parks... It's usually crap & tastes like crap (also, usually non primal), but you're kind of trapped & even if you can/do leave, there's nothing nearby. Ew.

I like all the talking about north and south... Really exotic to me !

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Well, another moment courtesy of dad.

He was complaining about how many points were in his rather delicious bacon-mozzarella burger patties. I suggested just taking the patty and wrapping it in zero point veggies but nooo, can't lose the bun. Instead he put ham on the bun. *sighs* Anyway, he decided to fry up a patty for supper and asked me if I wanted one. I'm like sure, why not? Bacon-mozzarella should be good, right? I'd never tried them before. I idly picked up the package as he started frying them and looked through the ingredient list. I was expecting some manky oil but it was worse than that.

Me: DAD! This has BREADCRUMBS! You know I'm going gluten-free!

Him: Oh, how many carbs do they add? It can't be much.

Me: >< You have totally missed the point of gluten-free there... nevermind I don't want one.

And then he was pissed at me for making him eat them all for supper. Haha. XD Fortunately mom was on my side although she reminded me that he NEVER reads labels.
    My dad offered to make me a chickencaesarsalad (apparently in the Midwest that is all one word regardless if chicken is involved or not, my dad is adorable sometimes), but he makes it with breaded chicken. I had told him of my issues with gluten and wanting to avoid it, and at least he said he would jut scrape off the breading. I don't think it really works that way, but he looked kind of pissed when I said that. At least he had a couple regular old skinless boneless breasts in the freezer.