Page 756 of 880 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 756

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    -"Bless your heart" is not a compliment.
    I remember when Nancy Pelosi said "bless their hearts" about the Senate. I fell about laughing. That said, someone blessed my heart just yesterday for giving her some space at the grocery, so I guess it can be used ambidexterously.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I have never been in the south of the US before (A bit afraid that they will kick me out because I'm a pagan to start with)
    I'm an athiest--I just make it a point to not talk about it.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I'm trying as well but I really enjoy discussing religion. I'm really open about all religions and people's opinion but I love to play the devil's advocate.... that's what causing my issues. But I'll visit the South one day. I think I would really enjoy it...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I never talked about being atheist even in Austin tx. Just not a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    All of this Yankee talk reminded me of this, rules for Yankee's moving to the South:

- Don't order a steak at a Waffle House. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook something they know.

- Don't laugh at folk's names. Merleen, Bodie, Luther Ray, Tammy, MariBeth and Inez have been known to whip a man's a** for less than that.

- Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda; this can lead to a beating. Down here it's called Coke, even if you want a Pepsi.

- Southern women don't fancy to smart mouth Yankees. Just remember, they all have brothers and daddies.

- Don't show allegiances to any other school in football other than an ACC or SEC team. All the others are a bunch of candy asses who play Wyoming every week.

- Don't call us a bunch of hillbillies. Most of us are better educated than you and a whole lot nicer to boot.

- Yes, we know the humidity is high; just quit b*tching, spend your money and go home.

- No, the state symbol of North Carolina is not the orange and white highway barrel. This road construction is pissing us off too.

- Don't go to the Cracker Barrel and order toast. If you do this everyone will know you're from Ohio. Just eat the biscuits like God meant for you to do.

- Don't try to talk with a Southern accent if you don't have one. Nothing makes us madder than a Southern wannabe.

- Don't be telling everybody how much better it was back home. If you don't like it here, get your sorry a** back home!

- We don't play lacrosse or none of them other sissy northern games, so don't be asking about no scores, cause we just don't care.

- Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.

- If you forget a Southerner's name, refer to him (or her) as "Bubba." You have a 75% chance of being right.

- Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.

- If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

- Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.

- Do not buy food at the movie store.

- If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.

- Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

- Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"

- People walk slower here.

- Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.

- The first Southern expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "Big ol'", as in "big ol' truck" or "big ol' boy". Eighty-five percent begin their new Southern influenced dialect with this expression. One hundred percent are in denial about it.

- The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

- Be advised: The "He needed killin'" defense is valid here.

This one, "Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it." reminds me of my granny. She had an old coffee can that sit by the stove and every time she fried bacon, ham or any pork, the grease was poured into that can. If she was cooking a steak, a spoon full of that grease went into the skillet. About the only thing better than a steak is a steak cooked in pork fat!

One that isn't on here is this....

In the South, we still call the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression and yep, we are still pissed about losing!

And if this pisses off any of the PC crowd, tough shit. I'm far from racist, a picture of my family would show that but the War of Northern Aggression was never about slavery, it was state's rights but, I don't want to turn this thread the wrong direction so I'll shutup now.

True..

I heard it as rules for folks movin' to TX. It also included:
    -Don't be surprised when crossing the state is a 2 day drive.
    -"Bless your heart" is not a compliment.
    -It is perfectly acceptable to drive a tractor down the middle of the road. Get over it.
    -We have 4 seasons: Hot, Holy s**t hot, football, and frigid. In parts of Texas, it's futbol, not football, and there is a difference.
    -At a 4 way stop, athe truck with the highest lift and biggest tires has right of way.
    -Right of way makes no difference here. There are two rules of the road: "Get outta my way" and "You first." Do not assume you know which one is to be used.
    -If offered a beer/ drink, take it. You don't hafta drink it, just take it, or you insult the homeowner.
    -Sweet tea is "tea." If you want unsweetened tea, you hafta specify.
    - We were our own state, and G******t, we can be one again. Accept that mentality.
    and true...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I remember when Nancy Pelosi said "bless their hearts" about the Senate. I fell about laughing. That said, someone blessed my heart just yesterday for giving her some space at the grocery, so I guess it can be used ambidexterously.
    a worker at Walmart said that to me when I asked if he could find the price of something...yeah, like I don't know what he meant... :/
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    My mom is an atheist and used to write to the paper often to argue with whatever oppressive agenda the local politicians/churches were pushing. They actually offered her a weekly column.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm in the heart of Bible Belt West Texas and consider myself a Zen semipagan. You learn to keep your mouth shut, smile at the intent behind the offers for prayers, and bless the hearts of those who try to convert you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I've been pretty adamant about not letting Memphis influence me too much.

Pretty much all I'm gonna take back with me is "I'll tell you what ...", pimento cheese, Southern Comfort, and leopard print everything =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    -Sweet tea is "tea." If you want unsweetened tea, you hafta specify.
    I am a Georgia resident, born and raised, and I know this to be true. With that in mind, my mom and I ate at Red Lobster this past week. When our server, came for our drink order I said 'tea'.

Our drinks arrived and I just knew the tea was going to be sweet; a tentative sip through the straw proved me right. ACK! It was awful, and I just wanted to scrape the sweetness from my tongue.

As a southerner, I understand that in the South tea is sweetened, but Red Lobster should be the exception as a restaurant that is supposed to represent Maine (New England).

I had a new glass of tea soon after and it was actually decent and not bitter at all. Now, that I think about it, it probably wasn't real tea but some kind of colored water with tea flavoring. *sigh*

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    tea flavored sugar water
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!