Page 753 of 880 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763803853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 753

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I finally had a moment. This weekend I went to my husband's family reunion. It was a bunch of old people and their various diseases and CW beliefs. My husband's aunt brought a white grocery store Italian bread loaf and Olivio fake butter spread. She sat there and was raving over how good that sh*t was for you. She admired my homemade au gratin potatoes (real, milk, butter, cheese and gluten free) and asked how I got them to look so good and creamy. When I told her it was all the butter, cheese and milk she commented "that's why" and walked away with out any and went back to her bread and spread. I heard so many of them talking about their ailments and what they could not eat yet they stuffed their mouths with chips and crap. I wanted to get on the table, scream and kick the fake sh*tty butter and all the rest of the "health" food off it.

Later this same aunt was talking to a couple other people who I was telling about the goats we raise (we had a couple kid goats there for the kids to pet). She went into a rant about how her brother (my father in law) raises GRASS FED, ORGANIC beef "even though he is not supposed to eat that terrible meat". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh no we would not want him to eat this healthy meat but why don't we go over and hand him a slice of white bread and fake butter, that will make him better.

Oh on and on it went. I made these amazing cheesecake brownies that were grain free, had coconut oil, coconut sugar, real eggs from my pastured hens, etc. People ooh and awwed over them until they found out what was in them then they looked scared to eat them. But they flocked over for grocery store cake.

We do not even eat a perfect diet but oh my goodness I thought I was going to have seizures. I think I like staying in my nice little bubble at home. At least I don't have fantasies about kicking margarine into some old lady's face at home

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It's all good. Inside America everyone from your part of the world is an Aussie (kidding but I couldn't resist)
    You are TOTALLY right.

Aus and NZ are right next to each other, in the same way that LA and NY are.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I finally had a moment. This weekend I went to my husband's family reunion. It was a bunch of old people and their various diseases and CW beliefs. My husband's aunt brought a white grocery store Italian bread loaf and Olivio fake butter spread. She sat there and was raving over how good that sh*t was for you. She admired my homemade au gratin potatoes (real, milk, butter, cheese and gluten free) and asked how I got them to look so good and creamy. When I told her it was all the butter, cheese and milk she commented "that's why" and walked away with out any and went back to her bread and spread. I heard so many of them talking about their ailments and what they could not eat yet they stuffed their mouths with chips and crap. I wanted to get on the table, scream and kick the fake sh*tty butter and all the rest of the "health" food off it.

Later this same aunt was talking to a couple other people who I was telling about the goats we raise (we had a couple kid goats there for the kids to pet). She went into a rant about how her brother (my father in law) raises GRASS FED, ORGANIC beef "even though he is not supposed to eat that terrible meat". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh no we would not want him to eat this healthy meat but why don't we go over and hand him a slice of white bread and fake butter, that will make him better.

Oh on and on it went. I made these amazing cheesecake brownies that were grain free, had coconut oil, coconut sugar, real eggs from my pastured hens, etc. People ooh and awwed over them until they found out what was in them then they looked scared to eat them. But they flocked over for grocery store cake.

We do not even eat a perfect diet but oh my goodness I thought I was going to have seizures. I think I like staying in my nice little bubble at home. At least I don't have fantasies about kicking margarine into some old lady's face at home
    I think I cried a little.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member

Chemical food bombs are the norm, and real food is the enemy. The world is crazy.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You are TOTALLY right.

Aus and NZ are right next to each other, in the same way that LA and NY are.
    Totally. I've looked at maps. They are like within inches of each other. In other map-based news apparently Alaska is floating by Hawaii down in the left hand corner somewhere.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    As a kid thats where i though they were actually located
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    I finally had a moment. This weekend I went to my husband's family reunion.
    i want to eat at your house. Tho' your story did remind me of the time my vegetarian friend had made a lasagna dinner (years ago) and as I ranted and raved how I hated tofu, she smugly informed me that hers had no meat, just tofu. It would be curious if you didn't tell them what is in your food and only asked if they are allergic to anything as you hand them a delish spoonful, I wonder what would happen?

spontaneous swoon of happiness?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

yelena is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No. It is a term used to describe those from the north, generally the New England area, or more historically those on the Union side in the Civil War.
    To most of the world, a yankee is an American. To folks from the American south, a yankee is someone from the north. To someone from the north, a yankee is someone from New England. To New Englanders, a yankee is someone from Vermont. To folks from Vermont, a yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.

Myrtille is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yelena View Post
    To folks from Vermont, a yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.
    So, not many yankees in the forum I guess )

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    You can have paleo apple pie

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.