Page 752 of 871 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802852 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 752

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yankee is someone north of the Mason- Dixon line. In the deeper South and parts of TX, da*nyankee is a reference to a New Englander.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No. It is a term used to describe those from the north, generally the New England area, or more historically those on the Union side in the Civil War.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yankee is someone north of the Mason- Dixon line. In the deeper South and parts of TX, da*nyankee is a reference to a New Englander.
    The things you learn.

Outside of america I think the terms american and yankee are a little interchangeable....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The things you learn.

Outside of america I think the terms american and yankee are a little interchangeable....
    It's all good. Inside America everyone from your part of the world is an Aussie (kidding but I couldn't resist)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    According to my mother, the podiatrist says I'll go back to wearing "normal" shoes with proper support once my feet start hurting. I have feet like my grandmother and my father, so I'd best just PLAN on having foot surgery someday.

How much you want to bet Grandma wore shoes all her life? My feet don't hurt when I wear 5 Fingers. They kill me by the end of the day when I wear regular shoes, especially with the custom-made properly-fitted insoles. I feel off-balance in tennies. I think I'll stick to my flexible flats, thanks.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I went to the grocery store today, for this week's food. I overhear the kid in front of me asking his mom for a candy bar. Mom says no, and I silently cheer mom on, until I hear "now put your Lunchable on the thing."

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    According to my mother, the podiatrist says I'll go back to wearing "normal" shoes with proper support once my feet start hurting. I have feet like my grandmother and my father, so I'd best just PLAN on having foot surgery someday.

How much you want to bet Grandma wore shoes all her life? My feet don't hurt when I wear 5 Fingers. They kill me by the end of the day when I wear regular shoes, especially with the custom-made properly-fitted insoles. I feel off-balance in tennies. I think I'll stick to my flexible flats, thanks.
    My stepdad had pain in his back a couple of years ago. Two "doctors" (podiatrists, I guess?) told him that one leg was slightly longer than the other, and that he'd need to wear a support sole. He did that and the pain only got worse. He went to someone specialized in alternative medicine, and that guy told him:
    "Why the h** did they tell you you need soles?! Your pelvis isn't aligned, you just need physicial therapy and then you'll be fine. You would've had to wear the sole your entire lifee and it wouldn't have helped!"

Stepdad's rather sceptical of alternative medicine, but his back pain (and the support soles, LOL) are gone!

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

I have a convention next weekend, which means hours of walking. I plan to go on my socks... I'm not going to torture my back and feet with shoes just because they look cute....
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

My parents were told long ago that I needed special shoes because one leg was shorter than the other. My mother responded with "She plays soccer just fine, why does she need special shoes?" The doc replied with "well, you could let her run around barefoot, that might help level things out. I really don't think it will though."
    25 years later, I'm still running around barefoot with no issues until I wear foot coffins.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My parents were told long ago that I needed special shoes because one leg was shorter than the other. My mother responded with "She plays soccer just fine, why does she need special shoes?" The doc replied with "well, you could let her run around barefoot, that might help level things out. I really don't think it will though."
    25 years later, I'm still running around barefoot with no issues until I wear foot coffins.
    *facepalm* Doh! If running around barefoot might make it a little better, then why not suggest trying that first? If your parents hadn't said that and just listened to the doc, you would've ran around on special shoes for years before discovering barefoot walking/running/hiking!

I'm supposed to have a sole as well, but I never liked wearing them, and they barely fit into any shoes without folding themselves or something funky. It was annoying as hell. -_-'

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I have a convention next weekend, which means hours of walking. I plan to go on my socks... I'm not going to torture my back and feet with shoes just because they look cute....
    We went to Las Vegas. I wore VFFs and Merrell's minimalist Mary Janes the entire time...while pushing Mom's wheelchair since she had foot surgery. Granted, that's a lot of walking on a hard flat surface, so my feet did hurt a bit, but guess who was still hurting the least out of 6 women? And who got crap for not wearing "cute shoes" when we all dressed up for dinner, because sometimes you just need to suffer a bit to look good?!?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly