Page 743 of 880 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753793843 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 743

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think my favorite is the carton of eggs that says "May contain eggs." well, what the hell else would be in it?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Picked up a packet of gummy candies for a possible indulgence; immediately put it down because the first ingredient is "glucose syrup (wheat)" along with 50 other ingredients.

Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    I walk into tim horton and while im waiting for my coffee , I find in front of me a huge muffin and guess what was written under it
    LOW FAT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFIN
    I just stood there smiling

And at school almost all the girls I walked past by at lunch held a plain salad in there hand while I was heading home to have salmon steak with stir fry veggies I kinda felt sad for them :/

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    WOW im sitting at the cafe nw and I just laughed out lud when I read the carton of eggs thingy !!

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    In the US at least the 'may contain eggs' is a allergy disclaimer. Even if you are eating a product called Peanut and Soy Egg Delight! It will have a place on the label that says something like "May contain soy, eggs, and peanuts. blah blah blah legal stuff so you do not sue us when you are stupid enough to eat this blah blah"

That said, I am not sure why you would need three different types of oil in a cupcake unless one was used in the frosting and the other in the cake? Or perhaps different cakes were frosted/made differently? Sounds odd. I'd call them up and ask because a well-made cake is a fantastic thing (yeah, not a fantastic primal thing but I'll get over it the couple of times a year I eat cake.)
    I'm guessing that the three different flavors are made with different oils... But, I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.

I was just a bit annoyed by the "may contain eggs" statement because no matter how many times I checked, I couldn't find eggs in the ingredient list.

Another CW moment

Milka muffins. That's all I'm gonna say.

Seriously, people. Milka muffins. Ugh.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    I'm guessing that the three different flavors are made with different oils... But, I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.

I was just a bit annoyed by the "may contain eggs" statement because no matter how many times I checked, I couldn't find eggs in the ingredient list.

Another CW moment

Well, it is a legal disclaimer so people with allergies can't sue. You can't bring a products liabilities case and claim you didn't know bc you didn't read (contributory negligence or causation). If it was processed in a facility that also produced on other products with eggs, it will disclaim eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Another CW moment

You actually made me moan.... I love those things...Of the things I miss since going primal all the chocolate things are the worst...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.
    Pretty sure that's not going to make much difference to anything.

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Well, it is a legal disclaimer so people with allergies can't sue. You can't bring a products liabilities case and claim you didn't know bc you didn't read (contributory negligence or causation). If it was processed in a facility that also produced on other products with eggs, it will disclaim eggs.
    So I can't sue people for throwing wheat/gluten in just about everything, because they list it? ... Damn.
    But I get it. I wonder how long it took the companies to figure it out. :P

Marielle:

I really liked Milka when I was younger, but then I found out that I liked dark chocolate more.
    Don't worry: the muffins looked absolutely disgusting. Like a normal muffin, but with a gob of hardened milka chocolate on it, that looked like it'd fallen out of the sky and squashed the muffin. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Pretty sure that's not going to make much difference to anything.
    You're right, they still look fine. And before the cupcakes, there were chocolate bon-bons that had been expired for 1 year, and one of my coworkers ate one and said it tasted fine.

... I'm actually waiting for one of the bon-bons to crawl or slither away. Or for a nuclear disaster, only to find out that the bon-bons and the cupcakes survived it.
    Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-08-2013 at 04:50 AM.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    But I get it. I wonder how long it took the companies to figure it out.
    One lawsuit.
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug