Page 742 of 884 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 742

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Unbelievable.
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Someone really needs to have words with that doctor about who, exactly, gets to say when she's allowed to remove toxins from her diet...

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Friend on FB just posted that she was making Triple Chocolate Caramel Brownies, but at least they're a little bit healthy bc she used low fat cream cheese. Sure...
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Even in my dreams I have funny CW moments...

(Keep in mind that this is a dream.... well, it could happen in RL and I wouldn't be surprised, either)
    Grandma to my Mom: I thought your sister would tell you that you had to lose those 20 pounds!
    (Which is kinda weird since my aunt is more overweight than my Mom... but anyway)
    Mom: No, she didn't say anything. But I'm thinking of doing this apple-diet.
    Grandma: Apple-diet?
    Mom: You can only eat apples for two weeks.
    Me: For two weeks!
    Mom: Do you know something better, then?
    Me: Hell yeah. You have to put some fat into all of your meals: olive oil as dressing instead of that Thousand Islands crap, real butter on your meat and potatoes. If you don't eat fat your body will cling on to your bodyfat, because your body needs fat.
    (Apparently dream-me had decided to just skip the talk about glucose and insuline and explain it in a way that Mom might understand.)
    Mom: Do you have some kind of schedule with that?
    Me: Uh... no...?
    Mom: Oh, but that's too hard. I'll just do the apple thing.

Even in the dreamworld people still want a quick-fix.

(I have no idea where the idea of putting fat in every meal comes from, though. Is it Nourishing Traditions? The thing about your body needing fat and clinging to the bodyfat when it doesn't get any sounds interesting, though. It's probably not true, but it's a good way of explaining why our body needs fat. )

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Two in one day. O_O

Someone (either a coworker or the cleaner) brought a package of mini-cupcakes to work, either Friday or on the weekend.
    Usually I don't even like cupcakes, but these looked delicious. (Chocolate, cherry and vanilla)
    So I check the stats to see what the fat/sugar ratio is... and find out that there's more sat fat in it than there's sugar and carb. Yay! I was very tempted to eat a chocolate one, but then decided to check the ingredient list.

Palm oil, coconut oil (yay, bonus!), vegetable oil, soy lecthin, alcohol (WTH?) beewax (WTH? Probably for the shine on the frosting?) etc. etc. At that point I was still considering eating one anyway... but then, at the bottom it said:

May contain eggs.

May contain eggs?! May?! They're cupcakes for God's sake, of course they contain eggs!!!

This really killed any temptation or craving to eat one. Now I get why the ingredient list contains more than the amount of cupcakes in the package (and there's 50 in it, people).

Sad thing is that it came from a very expensive chocolatier (or however it's called/spelled). If you want to make fancy stuff, then use fancy whole ingredients! Like just eggs, flour and actual chocolate instead of cocoa powder... which at the bottom said: low-fat cocoa powder.. WTF?!

Edit: And they weren't vegan, either, since they had milkpowder and lactose and stuff in it.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    May contain eggs?! May?! They're cupcakes for God's sake, of course they contain eggs!!!
    In the US at least the 'may contain eggs' is a allergy disclaimer. Even if you are eating a product called Peanut and Soy Egg Delight! It will have a place on the label that says something like "May contain soy, eggs, and peanuts. blah blah blah legal stuff so you do not sue us when you are stupid enough to eat this blah blah"

That said, I am not sure why you would need three different types of oil in a cupcake unless one was used in the frosting and the other in the cake? Or perhaps different cakes were frosted/made differently? Sounds odd. I'd call them up and ask because a well-made cake is a fantastic thing (yeah, not a fantastic primal thing but I'll get over it the couple of times a year I eat cake.)

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    My friends had PE class today, and they were telling the rest of the group about it.

"...oh yeah, and apparently Mr___ is only allowed to drink two things: water and fully skimmed milk."
    "What?!"
    "Yeah, his girlfriend is apparently very health concious...and controlling."

Bearing in mind this man is rather overweight.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    In the US at least the 'may contain eggs' is a allergy disclaimer. Even if you are eating a product called Peanut and Soy Egg Delight! It will have a place on the label that says something like "May contain soy, eggs, and peanuts. blah blah blah legal stuff so you do not sue us when you are stupid enough to eat this blah blah"
    A little off-topic, but that reminds me--I noticed recently that the coconut milk I buy says, in bold, just below the ingredients (which are coconut and guar gum--I think that's all) "Contains coconut". That cracks me up--we're so paranoid about lawsuits in America that we feel we have to label something with "coconut" in the name and obviously 90% of what the product is as containing coconut, otherwise someone who is allergic might consume it by mistake. Ugh.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I went out for dinner with my family-in-law yesterday. (only dessert was an indulgence)... My BF's cousin has Rheumatoid arthritis and all sorts of allergies. I told her about my health adventures with Paleo and she was really open to changing her diet. She had even asked her doctor to change to a gluten free diet (it's a start) and that she wanted to do a sugar free diet as well.
    her doctor actually forbid her to do that!!
    I asked her why.
    Her doctor had said: "there is no use in changing your diet while your body is still adjusting to the medication. We need to let the meds do their job first before looking elsewhere."

*facepalm*!!!!!!
    I have RA and take Methotrexate and Humira.
    I started Paleo in Jan and in the spring began lowering my medications. I now take half the Methotrexate and have gone from every 2 weeks to every 3 weeks on the Humira.
    My Rheumatologist (who is older than dirt and quite old school) said "what ever you're doing keep doing, I consider you in remission". So meds gave me my life back and nutrition put me in remission!
    Please have you BF encourage his cousin to find a Rheumy who is more open!! Feel free to share my story.
    *Cranky*. Man it ticks me off when Rheumys won't look at nutrition
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    A little off-topic, but that reminds me--I noticed recently that the coconut milk I buy says, in bold, just below the ingredients (which are coconut and guar gum--I think that's all) "Contains coconut". That cracks me up--we're so paranoid about lawsuits in America that we feel we have to label something with "coconut" in the name and obviously 90% of what the product is as containing coconut, otherwise someone who is allergic might consume it by mistake. Ugh.
    Last time I was at the supermarket I noticed that the tins of tuna have a warning that they 'may contain fish'. I should bloody well hope so!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus