Page 741 of 880 FirstFirst ... 241641691731739740741742743751791841 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 741

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    When they brought me my first meal in the hospital after surgery, I cried- true story. It was a gluten laden nightmare.
    pancakes, toast, oatmeal, 2 small sausages, coffee and juice- I think the kitchen staff was on crack.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    My mum had her appendix out a few years ago and she told me they wouldn't let her leave the hospital until she ate something. They brought her a dry tuna sandwich and iceberg lettuce with Italian dressing on it. She said just the thought of that meal made her want to throw up.
    agreed. gross.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I had a hole in my schedule today, and walked over to the gym to do about 45 minutes of light rowing/foamrolling/mobility work (haven't felt great this week). I was near a row of six of those stupid ab bench things. You know, the benches with the place to put your feet, and then you grab the handles and rock up about three inches or so. Like a way more expensive Ab Rocker.

Six of them. For 45 minutes they were never all empty. Usually there were 4-5 in use. People just crunching away like crazy, three inches at a time. Even my "I'm getting sick so I'm just doing light recovery work" workout was better overall than most of the stuff people were doing...

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday while making my boyfriend bacon & eggs
    Me: would you like some avocado as well?
    Bf: what??? You want me to have cholesterol with cholesterol?

Took me about a minute before I could answer.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    pancakes, toast, oatmeal, 2 small sausages, coffee and juice- I think the kitchen staff was on crack.
    With sugar high you would have got of that (gluten aside) you would have felt like you were on crack.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I had a hole in my schedule today, and walked over to the gym to do about 45 minutes of light rowing/foamrolling/mobility work (haven't felt great this week). I was near a row of six of those stupid ab bench things. You know, the benches with the place to put your feet, and then you grab the handles and rock up about three inches or so. Like a way more expensive Ab Rocker.

Six of them. For 45 minutes they were never all empty. Usually there were 4-5 in use. People just crunching away like crazy, three inches at a time. Even my "I'm getting sick so I'm just doing light recovery work" workout was better overall than most of the stuff people were doing...
    If you can find a tiger tail it is a great way to foam role.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

taotetrav is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Yesterday while making my boyfriend bacon & eggs
    Me: would you like some avocado as well?
    Bf: what??? You want me to have cholesterol with cholesterol?

Took me about a minute before I could answer.
    my reply would've been "hell yeah" with no pause~!

zinnia is offline Member
    This isn't funny, but I have an acquaintance in her late 20's who has been struggling with ulcerative colitis for over a year and was recently diagnosed with cancer. She is now undergoing aggressive treatment, getting part of her colon removed so that she is healthy enough to undergo chemo. Nobody should have to deal with these things. It is terrible, and I admire her courage and strength.

But what is she talking about on her facebook account? The delicious cakes and cupcakes that people are bringing her. For pete's sake. Stop it, people!! I understand that these "foods" are comforting and emotionally gratifying, but for her, they are literally poison.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnia View Post
    This isn't funny, but I have an acquaintance in her late 20's who has been struggling with ulcerative colitis for over a year and was recently diagnosed with cancer. She is now undergoing aggressive treatment, getting part of her colon removed so that she is healthy enough to undergo chemo. Nobody should have to deal with these things. It is terrible, and I admire her courage and strength.

But what is she talking about on her facebook account? The delicious cakes and cupcakes that people are bringing her. For pete's sake. Stop it, people!! I understand that these "foods" are comforting and emotionally gratifying, but for her, they are literally poison.
    I have a friend going through chemo for esophageal cancer who acts like it's a prize to be able to drink his mountain dew and eat Cheetos, deli sandwiches, Long John Silver's, etc... when his stomach feels okay.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I went out for dinner with my family-in-law yesterday. (only dessert was an indulgence)... My BF's cousin has Rheumatoid arthritis and all sorts of allergies. I told her about my health adventures with Paleo and she was really open to changing her diet. She had even asked her doctor to change to a gluten free diet (it's a start) and that she wanted to do a sugar free diet as well.
    her doctor actually forbid her to do that!!
    I asked her why.
    Her doctor had said: "there is no use in changing your diet while your body is still adjusting to the medication. We need to let the meds do their job first before looking elsewhere."

*facepalm*!!!!!!