Page 740 of 924 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740741742750790840 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

  1. #7391
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    203
    Shop Now
    So huge CW moment. Mother fell down, fractured her pelvis. She is diabetic. She gets her first meal, "regular" with eggs, french toast and syrup, orange juice, cereal and non fat milk. So we tell them she is diabetic and lactose intolerant. What does she get for lunch IN THE HOSPITAL?

    Turkey on texas toast with mashed potatoes and lactose free gravy, carrots (best thing on the plate) soup with pasta and beans and fat free mayo... with it's first ingredient = corn syrup. And of course, they give her "Smart" margarine, no salt, Mrs. Dash, and sweetnlow.

    She's not and refuses to eat primal. She is osteoporotic, diabetic, on cholesterol lowering drugs, and drinks 9 oz. of vodka every day.

    Sigh. I don't know who's worse. My mother who won't listen or the hospital who is supposed to know better.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

    Annie Sires

    Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

  2. #7392
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,682
    When they brought me my first meal in the hospital after surgery, I cried- true story. It was a gluten laden nightmare.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  3. #7393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    385
    My mum had her appendix out a few years ago and she told me they wouldn't let her leave the hospital until she ate something. They brought her a dry tuna sandwich and iceberg lettuce with Italian dressing on it. She said just the thought of that meal made her want to throw up.

  4. #7394
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    When they brought me my first meal in the hospital after surgery, I cried- true story. It was a gluten laden nightmare.
    pancakes, toast, oatmeal, 2 small sausages, coffee and juice- I think the kitchen staff was on crack.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  5. #7395
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    My mum had her appendix out a few years ago and she told me they wouldn't let her leave the hospital until she ate something. They brought her a dry tuna sandwich and iceberg lettuce with Italian dressing on it. She said just the thought of that meal made her want to throw up.
    agreed. gross.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  6. #7396
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,323
    I had a hole in my schedule today, and walked over to the gym to do about 45 minutes of light rowing/foamrolling/mobility work (haven't felt great this week). I was near a row of six of those stupid ab bench things. You know, the benches with the place to put your feet, and then you grab the handles and rock up about three inches or so. Like a way more expensive Ab Rocker.

    Six of them. For 45 minutes they were never all empty. Usually there were 4-5 in use. People just crunching away like crazy, three inches at a time. Even my "I'm getting sick so I'm just doing light recovery work" workout was better overall than most of the stuff people were doing...

  7. #7397
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,851
    Yesterday while making my boyfriend bacon & eggs
    Me: would you like some avocado as well?
    Bf: what??? You want me to have cholesterol with cholesterol?

    Took me about a minute before I could answer.

  8. #7398
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    pancakes, toast, oatmeal, 2 small sausages, coffee and juice- I think the kitchen staff was on crack.
    With sugar high you would have got of that (gluten aside) you would have felt like you were on crack.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  9. #7399
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I had a hole in my schedule today, and walked over to the gym to do about 45 minutes of light rowing/foamrolling/mobility work (haven't felt great this week). I was near a row of six of those stupid ab bench things. You know, the benches with the place to put your feet, and then you grab the handles and rock up about three inches or so. Like a way more expensive Ab Rocker.

    Six of them. For 45 minutes they were never all empty. Usually there were 4-5 in use. People just crunching away like crazy, three inches at a time. Even my "I'm getting sick so I'm just doing light recovery work" workout was better overall than most of the stuff people were doing...
    If you can find a tiger tail it is a great way to foam role.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  10. #7400
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    12
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Yesterday while making my boyfriend bacon & eggs
    Me: would you like some avocado as well?
    Bf: what??? You want me to have cholesterol with cholesterol?

    Took me about a minute before I could answer.
    my reply would've been "hell yeah" with no pause~!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •