Page 74 of 895 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174574 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 8946

Thread: Funny CW moments page 74

  1. #731
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    Primal Fuel
    The funny moment is a comparison of my legs and my brother's legs by my mother (they're both SCD, which is slightly better than SAD because the winters occasionally cause fasts and there is more fish).
    He comes out of the shower in his boxers and earns the nickname chicken legs (the only thin part of him), I jog to the van and my mother gets scared of my calf musculature.
    Grok is feared, Korg is laughed at, from the moment you lay eyes on them.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  2. #732
    Karate Lisa's Avatar
    Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    has thou just blasphemed the pork gods?!?!? How dare ye?
    Love me some pork.

    YouTube - Pork
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

  3. #733
    NutMeg's Avatar
    NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    1,513
    Not so funny as it is sad, really, really sad.

    From a person I know that is diabetic and often talks about not being able to eat 'starches' and that she can't use dates or honey ever again because she is diabetic;

    A sugar free cake mix and sugar free frosting and I am so going to make it and seriously INDULGE tonight after dinner...YUM!!!
    A Pilsbury SF cake has 29 grams of carbs, their regular cake has 34. WTF is the difference once you chew it up and swallow it? Not a damn thing!

  4. #734
    jandge's Avatar
    jandge is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    285
    Nutmeg, you have completely blown my mind. I can only make angry grunting noises and wave my hands around in response to that BS.

    Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

  5. #735
    NutMeg's Avatar
    NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    1,513
    Yeah, the frosting has 16 grams of carbs too. So 29 + 16= 45 carbs for one snack. Sigh.

    Her response to someone else about it:
    I can't have the sugar in a regular cake (I'm diabetic) and I can't have aspartame which is in all diet sodas so I have to stay away from most diet drinks (including Crystal Lite and all diet sodas on the market). I wasn't all that concerned about the calories it was only 190 calories for a piece of it and that included having it frosted so I just had it as my evening snack so ti really didn't add any calories to my day.

  6. #736
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    Wow Nutmeg, it continues to amaze me when diabetic people act like non-sugar carbs don't matter... "didn't add any calories to my day" she says? Uhhh YEAH as she just said it added 190 calories! That's a pretty big percentage of the average day's calories! Egads.

    Meanwhile, at my workplace...

    Coworker: Wow, you've lost weight! How are you managing it?
    Me: Yep, 65 pounds so far. It's basically a high-fat diet, lower on the carb side but --
    Coworker: Oh no, you shouldn't eat a high-fat diet, you'll gain all that weight back!!
    Me: Uh, but that's how I lost it to start with, so logically --
    Coworker: It'll catch up with you soon, then!
    Me: ...

    Logic FAIL. Also, letting me finish sentences FAIL.
    Last edited by Jenny; 04-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

  7. #737
    Pink Grokoddess's Avatar
    Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yukon Canada
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Wow Nutmeg, it continues to amaze me when diabetic people act like non-sugar carbs don't matter... "didn't add any calories to my day" she says? Uhhh YEAH as she just said it added 190 calories! That's a pretty big percentage of the average day's calories! Egads.

    Meanwhile, at my workplace...

    Coworker: Wow, you've lost weight! How are you managing it?
    Me: Yep, 65 pounds so far. It's basically a high-fat diet, lower on the carb side but --
    Coworker: Oh no, you shouldn't eat a high-fat diet, you'll gain all that weight back!!
    Me: Uh, but that's how I lost it to start with, so logically --
    Coworker: It'll catch up with you soon, then!
    Me: ...

    Logic FAIL. Also, letting me finish sentences FAIL.
    Ughhhhh :headslap:!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

    Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go


    Follow My Journey :-)

  8. #738
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    He comes out of the shower in his boxers and earns the nickname chicken legs (the only thin part of him), I jog to the van and my mother gets scared of my calf musculature.
    The joke around here is that my sweetie doesn't have calves, he has cows.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  9. #739
    lorilr's Avatar
    lorilr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    ......
    From a person I know that is diabetic
    I walk into a friend's house who is diabetic. He is sitting on the couch with a nearly empty box of cookies. I look at him, he gets my drift and says "what? they're sugar free".

  10. #740
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    The joke around here is that my sweetie doesn't have calves, he has cows.
    cankles?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •