Page 738 of 924 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748788838 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ummmmm...if I had thought of it I would have. My kid does not eat. Something like this would entice her. Its not a good choice by any means but desperate mothers do drastic things.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    There is that. I do think the sprinkles are rather ironic with the whole wheat, though, especially since I suspect that's nutella between the bread. Why not just use white bread? It'd taste better and the whole thing is crap anyhow, lol.

*hanging head* aaaand.. we use white bread. I am not going to confuse "healthy" lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    This is usually what happens when I try to explain primal to someone who is totally locked into the CW mindset.

Oh. My. Gosh. I snorted water out my nose!!! I am in a "discussion" with several people in my paramedic class and it's "but this [commercially processed whole wheat bastardization] food is good for you!!!"

Yeah. Right. I'm gonna stop commenting. I'll just bring in my own meals and they can drool over the smell...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

not funny but more frustrating... my dear boyfriend went grocery shopping for today. and to help me with the Primal life-style he bought biological grass-fed steak tartar. I read the label and it says 99,5% meat, dextrose and 4 different E numbers!!!!!!!

so annoying....

Hey, at least it was raw meat! (Tartar is meant to be eaten raw, right?)

CW-moment:

Me: Can I boil some eggs to take with me (to my internship) tomorrow?
    Mom: Su- take some eggs with you?!
    Me: I said can I boil some eggs.
    Mom: Oh, that's OK. I read that you can only eat two eggs a week.
    Me: *fake horror* Evil Eeeeevil cholestrol!
    Me: I'll just take one egg a day with me. (Thinking: NOOOOO, MY EGGS!! )
    Mom: Then it's fine. *gives instructions on how to boil eggs*

Steak tartar is the ancestor of the beef burger.

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    Steak tartar is the ancestor of the beef burger.
    Yep, and here at least it's a cheaper option.

Huntress, I don't eat raw meat or fish. Too many bad bugs in it for me to even consider it. Only beef roast I like a little red.

Had a great CW moment at work today.
    Three of my co-workers were discussing a newbie.
    The newbie, a guy was the first guy ever to eat a salad. most eat bread or left-overs from big dinners.
    This new guy is also following a low carb diet but I haven't been able to ask him if he was Primal or Paleo...
    anyway the three coworker were discussing his food
    co-worker 1 has been on a no meat, only fruit, veggies and fruit diet for a long time says: ooh look, wonder why he is eating a salad.
    co-worker 2 has a gastric by-pass: can't imagine that being enough for a man,
    co-worker 3, lives on fruits and has big carb binge days: he is doing the same diet as Marielle. It fills him because he is eating proteins with it.

Co-worker 1: I can't imagine surviving on a salad. I'll be hungry shortly after it.
    I suggest: You have to add nuts and proteins to it, than it will fill you up.
    Co-worker 2: nuts are too fat, you'll get fat is you eat that.
    Me: not if you just add a handful to the salad. You could add grilled bacon, or salmon.
    Co-worker 3: lost of fruits too.
    Co-worker 1: Nah, bread is much healthier... that fills me up properly... bacon, salmon and nuts only add fat, surely that's unhealthy and won't fill you up properly...

30 minutes after her 3 slices of bread with cheese. she complains about being hungry again... I'd swear I saw the new guy laugh!!!

Funniest thing ever: So the eventual candy dispensers are coming out for the Halloween season around the office and this guy (I'm not sure if he did it on purpose or not) put a whole bunch of peanut m&ms in an actual bird feeder. All the ladies around the office complain that they can't fit their fingers in the holes to get at the candy and laugh about how they all look like birds picking at the bird feeder. You think this would deter them from the candy, but no, they have begun to use a pair of tongs to get out the candy instead.

I'm glad the man left the bird feeder across from my desk. Hours of entertainment watching people with fat fingers try and get the candy, while laughing at the tong users for being so desperate for candy that you would stoop to thinking about using a tool to get it out of the container.

This is fantastic..but we need video or it did not happen lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Shop Now
    So I'm randomly doing supermarket shopping with the wif (usually she has a sleep-in on the weekends) and she asks me if we want a low-fat yoghurt. I answer ' don't get the low fat rubbish' and some students walking behind us cracked up laughing.....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right