Page 736 of 879 FirstFirst ... 236636686726734735736737738746786836 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 736

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Oh, and at Bareburger (a place with grassfed beef patties and you can get it wrapped in lettuce or gluten free bun) they talked about how their fries are so healthy because they only lightly fry it in CANOLA oil. ;(
    I went to a Mexican joint recently and was really saddened to see "We no longer use LARD!!!" all over the menus.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Uhh what do you mean? What fats? Cancer is generally a sugar whore not fat. Lots of cw nonsense out there about dietary fats and cancer but I would like to see the references on that.
    That was a spammer ripping something from the first page of the thread, not a legit member.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I went to a Mexican joint recently and was really saddened to see "We no longer use LARD!!!" all over the menus.
    so sad. Same with ghee & Indian restaurants... And apparently the Thai used to cook with coconut oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    What? No! Haha. I meant that a typed it in on the Google searchbar, not on the forums! (I don't understand how I didn't mention that... Must've been distracted or something) I'm not a member on those forums, and I'm not a part of the conversations either. Oops. Google just comes up with hits, which are mostly forums and I check them out.
    I thought maybe you had a really odd hobby

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I thought maybe you had a really odd hobby
    Haha. It would be fun though... But no, too much time wasted by registering, waiting for approval, making a thread, checking it daily, responding etc... for multiples forums. :P

CW-moment:
    Ad on the TV (I'm not sure if it's a Dutch ad or just an American one that has been translated... maybe others have seen it, too?)

"Is it possible? Drinkable yoghurt without added sugar?"
    *Cue to a lot of glasses with drinkable yoghurt appearing on screen. Some disappear because they're apparently not added-sugar-free*
    "Without fat?"
    *cue to a lot more glasses disappearing, actually leaving none.*
    "But with the rich, full taste of [brand's name]?"
    *Empty glass is placed on screen*
    *Drinkable yoghurt is poured into glass*
    "Yes, it is! New, [brand's name] drinkable yoghurt! Without fat and without added sugars!"

WHAT THE HELL IS IN THERE, PEOPLE? AIR?!
    Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 09-24-2013 at 11:05 AM.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    Talking about desserts this thing is zero sugar AND zero carbs, how amazing!

That, right there, has enough chemicals to destroy a small village in Africa.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Haha. It would be fun though... But no, too much time wasted by registering, waiting for approval, making a thread, checking it daily, responding etc... for multiples forums. :P

CW-moment:
    Ad on the TV (I'm not sure if it's a Dutch ad or just an American one that has been translated... maybe others have seen it, too?)

"Is it possible? Drinkable yoghurt without added sugar?"
    *Cue to a lot of glasses with drinkable yoghurt appearing on screen. Some disappear because they're apparently not added-sugar-free*
    "Without fat?"
    *cue to a lot more glasses disappearing, actually leaving none.*
    "But with the rich, full taste of [brand's name]?"
    *Empty glass is placed on screen*
    *Drinkable yoghurt is poured into glass*
    "Yes, it is! New, [brand's name] drinkable yoghurt! Without fat and without added sugars!"

WHAT THE HELL IS IN THERE, PEOPLE? AIR?!
    Some horrible abomination of artificial chemicals. Did you get the brand? Can you buy one to give us an accurate report of the contents? I will admit to curiosity...

I'll see if my grocery store has it. My parents will probably drink it, so my money won't go to waste.
    Not sure if I can translate it to English, though. A lot of chemicals might have different names in Dutch.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Every Thursday is "veggie-day" in the canteens of my school . Luckily I always bring my own lunch, because there's just NOTHING there for me to eat, even on non-veggie days (baguettes, sausage rolls with puff pastry, danish pastry, bread, bread, bread, bread!).

Actually this "Thursday vegetarian day" is promoted by the Belgian government (I suppose like 'meatless monday' in other parts of the world?) . Yum, eat all this chemical, processed crap because it is so much better then real food *sigh*. And I know you can eat a decent meatless meal, but I'm afraid for MOST people it means some kind of 'meat-like' chemical shitstorm made of soy.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    [...] (I suppose like 'meatless monday' in other parts of the world?)
    In The Netherlands, it's Meatless Friday. (In Dutch it makes sense, because Meat = Vlees and Friday = Vrijdag. Both words with a V. )

When I was vegetarian (*gasp!*), I was stuck with above mentioned soy crap. Although I said I liked them, they were very dry and needed extreme tomato-sauce drowning to be edible without choking on it. I actually planned on never using fake-meat again when I moved out. Instead, I would just have "well-balanced" meals with beans and actual soy, instead of chemically shaped-into-hamburgers stuff.

.... Thank God that I found MDA long before that. In fact, MDA is the reason why I'm no longer a vegetarian now! (After reading the PB and MDA, I began seeing animals as food sources again. )