Page 733 of 884 FirstFirst ... 233633683723731732733734735743783833 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 733

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Aww man, you and I are such a better match. Three days til Texas bbq!

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    BBQ soulmates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    The irony of that is the only time I threw up in my mouth a little at CF was when I ate a chobani yogurt 2.5 hours before my workout. I'm good with yogurt, but not as a pre-workout food easy on my stomach.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Kingsmill's latest tag-line is putting "fresh" in everything. I think it's called the "fresh thinking" campaign. Apparently, sandwiches and bagels are "fresh ideas" for bread.
    Also, the fact a company that makes refined, highly processed, chemical-laced food and sells it pre-made en-masse can try and associate its product with "freshness" is laughable.
    I mean, this is an ingredient list for one of their products:
    "Wheat Flour (33%), Wholemeal Wheat Flour (33%), Water, Yeast, Salt, Vinegar, Soya Flour, Vegetable Oil, Emulsifiers: E471, E472e; Preservative: Calcium Propionate (added to inhibit mould growth); Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)."
    Mmmm! Fresh!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The irony of that is the only time I threw up in my mouth a little at CF was when I ate a chobani yogurt 2.5 hours before my workout. I'm good with yogurt, but not as a pre-workout food easy on my stomach.
    +1
    Dairy seems to cause reflux here too. Then again, my ancestors pretty much lived off meat and roots, so it's unsurprising I'm not well-adapted to dairy.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    Let me get this straight...You go to parenting forums and troll asking questions that you know will get bad answers for fun?
    What? No! Haha. I meant that a typed it in on the Google searchbar, not on the forums! (I don't understand how I didn't mention that... Must've been distracted or something) I'm not a member on those forums, and I'm not a part of the conversations either. Oops. Google just comes up with hits, which are mostly forums and I check them out.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    What? No! Haha. I meant that a typed it in on the Google searchbar, not on the forums! (I don't understand how I didn't mention that... Must've been distracted or something) I'm not a member on those forums, and I'm not a part of the conversations either. Oops. Google just comes up with hits, which are mostly forums and I check them out.
    Ah, I've done that before, you can find some interesting things...

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Except both of these kinds of fats are evil. It figures, the fats that are killing us all are the fats promoted by the mainstream. It's like a bad comedy but millions are dying.
    What????? When did this happen? I know it is a PUFA, but thought that so long as one isn't born with a prostate n-3 was ok ......
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

maurapprimal is offline Member
    I finally have a worthwhile one to share!

So I've been primal for only 3 months, but doing well in my book. Weight loss stalled a bit recently (my own fault, had to test out a little wheat back in my diet to only to put weight back on), but I've restarted with gumption and started cooking my weekly primal meals. I tend to do most of my cooking over at my 90-year-old grandma's, as her kitchen is bigger, she actually has an oven, and she enjoys the company/free food I make her. My gram is totally on board with primal, has even taken my copy of Primal Blueprint and read through excerpts of it (she also stalks Mark's website I found out recently, which is awesome), so cooking with her is a pleasurable experience. And after 30 years of being a lunchlady, she's more than happy to have me cook for her.

So I cook up a storm yesterday. Squash, sausage-cheese & sundried tomato casserole, blue-cheese meat "muffins", gluten-free cheddar biscuits and banana-walnut muffins (yes, yes, not 100% Primal, but they are my happy, healthy, delicious 20%). Left some with gram and took the rest home. As I'm stocking my fridge with goodies, my mother comes home from shopping, so I show them off to her. She says they look good, low-carb = good, and then drops this gem:

Mom -"So I know you've stalled on your weight loss..."
    Me - "Yea, but nothing to blame but me lol. My carbs were just a smidge to high and I slacked off on my heavy lifting. Back on it and already down 2 pounds again."
    Mom - "You're going to cut back on the fat now right?"
    Me - "Buh..? Why would I quit eating what's been working for me? I only stopped losing weight when I fell off my plan."
    Mom - "Fat makes you fat."
    Me - "....."
    Mom - "Eating fat causes belly fat."

I literally laughed out loud. I think this was my first, real CW moment. Sad thing is, my mom used to be the picture of good health when I was a kid. She used to work part time as a trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. When I was diagnosed with insulin resistance back then, she put me through the whole low-carb + low-fat training (unintentionally ruining my teenage desire to eat anything "healthy", as healthy was always tasteless, low-fat and bluh). I remember begging classmates at lunch for a bite of sandwich and longing for the days when grandma would pack my lunch. Quite effectively set up my later years where I spent most of college stuffing as many carbs in my face as my heart desired.

But now as she approaches her mid-50s, she's still trying to be that low-fat, low-carb queen, while secretly eating bread/cookies/frozen cakes at 1 in the morning while watching TV. And it's catching up with her around her middle, big-time. Even had an old lady at the Civic Club ask if her if she was pregnant. She believes that if she could just get back to eating the way she used to that everything would just melt off, forgetting the fact that she used to exercise for several hours a week back when he ate CW "healthy". And she's seen my results with Primal, how much better I feel, how much inflammation has gone down. And yet she still tries to convince me that low carb can be sustainable while also being low-fat.

Ugh, long rant, sorry. Still 50-odd pounds above where I want to be, so I can't lecture her yet. I've left PB on the coffee table a few times for her too, but she just ignores it. At least grandma's on board, lol.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Hang on, did you say blue cheese meat muffins? Because that is a recipe that I need in my life!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    maurapprimal I <3 your Grandma!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.