Page 732 of 901 FirstFirst ... 232632682722730731732733734742782832 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 732

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    O_O. That's just double wrong. Saddest part is that they were probably just trying to "save" her from having to worry about her weight later on in life. ("If she learns portion control and moderation now, it'll be a habit later. And exercise is always good, right?")

CW-moment:
    Seeing a lot of forums about babies and toddlers. (When I'm bored I always type in things like: "Sat fat is dangerous, my kid doesn't want to eat bread, help, my kid wants to be a vegan" and stuff, just for kicks.") A lot of Moms are freaking out about their toddler, who only eats two or three bites of bread and then refuses to eat any more (good kid!!).

A lot of responses: "Just try to bargain: One bite of bread, before a bite of meat/veg/cereal/other thing kiddo likes." or: "Give them a multi-vit so they get enough vits and minerals!"
    One good soul posted: "The Netherlands is such a bread-country. There's plenty of other things to eat for breakfast. My kids always enjoy a good egg for breakfast with some meat. If they don't like eggs, you can give them steamed veg with some butter to amake it taste etter." (Seriously, I thought I'd found a Dutch fat-burning machine... until he started talking about lentils, beans and legumes to go with the breakfast, for protein...)

He was pretty much ignored, though. Lots of "advice" from other parents on how to get kiddo to eat bread..
    (But well, can't really blame them. Toddlers cry all the time. Even if they gluten-intolerance or gluten sensitivy and don't have any visible signs, Mom probably won't even notice and just think that kiddo hates the texture or something.)
    Let me get this straight...You go to parenting forums and troll asking questions that you know will get bad answers for fun?

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    This Craigslist ad:

"I need personal trainer. (Tempe)

Hello.
    I need a personal trainer
    I only want to work my core.
    Need to get a six pack in a month.
    I am not over weight and not looking for cardio or
    Weight lifting.
    Please email me.
    I am in Tempe and I would like to train 3 times a week
    But I don't want to pay 300 !!
    Thanks for reading

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Compensation: 20hr"

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    Technically, not, I guess.

1 cal per spray. Spray 3 times. If you just spray just once, you only get 1 cal, right?
    Of course, it's still misleading, but they're not lying.
    It baffles the mind why people would care so much about calories that they'd discard "cw healthy" fats like olive oil in favour of some weird modified...thing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Primitiva is offline Member

another from Pinterest

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post

another from Pinterest
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    The guy I am dating is trying to eat healthy. I spy an empty box of raisin bran and a bowl on his coffee table, a minute maid can on his counter, and skippy pb in the pantry.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    The guy I am dating is trying to eat healthy. I spy an empty box of raisin bran and a bowl on his coffee table, a minute maid can on his counter, and skippy pb in the pantry.
    LOL! I am married to a man 25 years. He's 99% if I cooked it, 75% if he's on his own at lunch, and still we have a box of Frosted Flakes in the pantry. The last box got stale before he finished it. He *had* to buy another. OTOH, he's looking pretty hot these days.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    LOL! I am married to a man 25 years. He's 99% if I cooked it, 75% if he's on his own at lunch, and still we have a box of Frosted Flakes in the pantry. The last box got stale before he finished it. He *had* to buy another. OTOH, he's looking pretty hot these days.
    I only give advice if he asks for it. Otherwise I just stand by. He knows my dietary restrictions/lifestyle pretty well and respects it so I do the same... :-/
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I only give advice if he asks for it. Otherwise I just stand by. He knows my dietary restrictions/lifestyle pretty well and respects it so I do the same... :-/
    Good plan. A primal diet becomes pretty seductive over time. The deviations steadily lose their appeal. 80/20 gets to be a piece of cake and 90/10 the norm most weeks. Resistance is futile, lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aww man, you and I are such a better match. Three days til Texas bbq!

Sent via F-22 Raptor