Page 731 of 838 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781831 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 8373

Thread: Funny CW moments page 731

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lol. My mom is definitely the boss back at their house (siblings are still young) as well. I will never get them to stop eat flour... Chinese dumplings and etc are soooo good and they would rather die early than to switch over.

They do call my sister fat which I do not like (she is 10).
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    [...] They do call my sister fat which I do not like (she is 10).
    That's just wrong. Even if it's just a joke, the kid will only see it as a confirmation. ("I am fat, even Mom and Dad say so") Just like Mom's telling young (6-8 yo) kids that they shouldn't eat chocolate, chips or butter because it'll make them fat.
    Yes, chips aren't that healthy because of the starch and potential gluten in them, but all it does is make a kid self-conscious and afraid of fat or good tasting food ("Healthy food doesn't taste good").

Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    That's just wrong. Even if it's just a joke, the kid will only see it as a confirmation. ("I am fat, even Mom and Dad say so") Just like Mom's telling young (6-8 yo) kids that they shouldn't eat chocolate, chips or butter because it'll make them fat.
    Yes, chips aren't that healthy because of the starch and potential gluten in them, but all it does is make a kid self-conscious and afraid of fat or good tasting food ("Healthy food doesn't taste good").
    I was told the same thing as a kid. All it did was make me get skinnier on a diet of just eating French fries for lunch and running 3 miles a day in middle school..

Sigh.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    That's so sad. We have video of my cousin getting told not to have seconds and constantly on exercise bike as a child and I am convinced the whole wrecked her self esteem for a long time. Looking back she was just a bit pudgy and might well have grown out of it but now she's huge and I think she's just given up on losing.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    That's so sad. We have video of my cousin getting told not to have seconds and constantly on exercise bike as a child and I am convinced the whole wrecked her self esteem for a long time. Looking back she was just a bit pudgy and might well have grown out of it but now she's huge and I think she's just given up on losing.
    Yeah. My sis is not really fat at all. She did get a tiny chubbier from tons of mcdonalds when they were in Vegas the last time I went back, but nothing abnormal for a 10 yr old. She just looks chubby next to my brother who is a stick from growing (12 and already taller than me who is 5'9").
    ------

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    There is a commercial for a new acne product where it leaves "oil absorbing particles" sitting on your skin all day. Blocking those pores and collecting oils and who knows what from the air and holding it there all day.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    An article discovers not all fat is evil. Oh shit guys they're on to us.

"Now, new research about the various dietary fats has shown that fatty fish, with their high levels of a polyunsaturated fatty acid known as omega-3, may be even more useful than polyunsaturated vegetable oils, like corn and safflower oil, when it comes to lowering blood cholesterol levels."
    Except both of these kinds of fats are evil. It figures, the fats that are killing us all are the fats promoted by the mainstream. It's like a bad comedy but millions are dying.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    O_O. That's just double wrong. Saddest part is that they were probably just trying to "save" her from having to worry about her weight later on in life. ("If she learns portion control and moderation now, it'll be a habit later. And exercise is always good, right?")

CW-moment:
    Seeing a lot of forums about babies and toddlers. (When I'm bored I always type in things like: "Sat fat is dangerous, my kid doesn't want to eat bread, help, my kid wants to be a vegan" and stuff, just for kicks.") A lot of Moms are freaking out about their toddler, who only eats two or three bites of bread and then refuses to eat any more (good kid!!).

A lot of responses: "Just try to bargain: One bite of bread, before a bite of meat/veg/cereal/other thing kiddo likes." or: "Give them a multi-vit so they get enough vits and minerals!"
    One good soul posted: "The Netherlands is such a bread-country. There's plenty of other things to eat for breakfast. My kids always enjoy a good egg for breakfast with some meat. If they don't like eggs, you can give them steamed veg with some butter to amake it taste etter." (Seriously, I thought I'd found a Dutch fat-burning machine... until he started talking about lentils, beans and legumes to go with the breakfast, for protein...)

He was pretty much ignored, though. Lots of "advice" from other parents on how to get kiddo to eat bread..
    (But well, can't really blame them. Toddlers cry all the time. Even if they gluten-intolerance or gluten sensitivy and don't have any visible signs, Mom probably won't even notice and just think that kiddo hates the texture or something.)

fifer is online now Senior Member
    ON a relatives kitchen counter I saw a can of "1-cal" cooking oil. In a spray can. "Only one calorie per spray!" it said on the front. I looked at the back to see what this evil gunk was and it said "instructions: spray three times on the bottom of a pan..." so even by its own insane CW standards it was totally lying and misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    ON a relatives kitchen counter I saw a can of "1-cal" cooking oil. In a spray can. "Only one calorie per spray!" it said on the front. I looked at the back to see what this evil gunk was and it said "instructions: spray three times on the bottom of a pan..." so even by its own insane CW standards it was totally lying and misleading...
    Technically, not, I guess.

1 cal per spray. Spray 3 times. If you just spray just once, you only get 1 cal, right?
    Of course, it's still misleading, but they're not lying.