Page 730 of 924 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    If you want chocolates stuff without flour why not make a flour less chocolate cake or mousse?
    'Cause, oh my gosh, those recipes have EGGS and BUTTER! Don't you know that stuff will kill you?!?

More for us!

In the store on the box of Honeycomb cereal, it stated "Served Best With Skim Milk". What???
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    now you must post your meals regularly, so she won't think her passive aggressive comments made her win
    Ahahah. That made me laugh! I can imagine her face everytime she looks at my FB posts. Just recently I poster picture of Beef jerky in the making (they we Yemmy by the way). People went crazy inviting themselves for tastings I am affraid I will have to host bunch of friends every day for a meal if I keep this up
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94235.html
    Starting weight (1.Sep 2013): 88.1 kg
    Current weight: 84.6 kg
    Goal weight: 66 kg
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep loosing it

Mom, Stepdad and I are eating dinner. Dinner's Turkish white bread and ground beef with salad and BBQ-sauce for the beef.

Stepdad: I read about this bread-diet. I was thinking about trying it. Can't put any butter (*Margarine*) on it though...
    Me (a bit horrified) thinking: Ooookay...
    Mom: But just bread is unhealthy! And not tasty at all.
    Me thinking: Good one Mom!
    Stepdad: Well, I'd use Turkish bread, because that's tasty on its own and it isn't dry at all.
    Mom: But it doesn't have any fibers!
    Me: How do you know that?
    Mom: Well, fibers are the pits and the seeds on it!
    Me thinking: WTH?!
    Me: Ehm... no... Pits and seeds are just pits and seeds. Fibers are inside the bread, and as far as I know, not visible.
    Mom (to Stepdad, last sentence a bit threatingly): But it's unhealthy. You're not seriously thinking about doing that, right?!
    Stepdad: I said I was thinking about it!
    Mom (a bit belittlingly (sp?)): Oh, good. I thought you actually wanted to try it.
    Stepdad: *mumbles something under his breath and looks a bit miserable*

I mean, I don't think the bread diet is very healthy. But my Mom just... she just doesn't consider it. Automatically, things are written off as unhealthy and just not-done. While Stepdad just wanted to try it for two weeks. I mean, even if it's unhealthy, I don't think it'd kill you! (well, maybe if you're very allergic or intolerant to gluten or grains?)

But Mom's the boss. :P And trying out CW diets all the time. (So that's why I never mention Primal to her. I think Stepdad would at least hear me out and read a webpage about it, but Mom would just wipe everything I say off the table like I've gone mad.)

Lol. My mom is definitely the boss back at their house (siblings are still young) as well. I will never get them to stop eat flour... Chinese dumplings and etc are soooo good and they would rather die early than to switch over.

They do call my sister fat which I do not like (she is 10).
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    [...] They do call my sister fat which I do not like (she is 10).
    That's just wrong. Even if it's just a joke, the kid will only see it as a confirmation. ("I am fat, even Mom and Dad say so") Just like Mom's telling young (6-8 yo) kids that they shouldn't eat chocolate, chips or butter because it'll make them fat.
    Yes, chips aren't that healthy because of the starch and potential gluten in them, but all it does is make a kid self-conscious and afraid of fat or good tasting food ("Healthy food doesn't taste good").

Quote Originally Posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
    That's just wrong. Even if it's just a joke, the kid will only see it as a confirmation. ("I am fat, even Mom and Dad say so") Just like Mom's telling young (6-8 yo) kids that they shouldn't eat chocolate, chips or butter because it'll make them fat.
    Yes, chips aren't that healthy because of the starch and potential gluten in them, but all it does is make a kid self-conscious and afraid of fat or good tasting food ("Healthy food doesn't taste good").
    I was told the same thing as a kid. All it did was make me get skinnier on a diet of just eating French fries for lunch and running 3 miles a day in middle school..

Sigh.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

That's so sad. We have video of my cousin getting told not to have seconds and constantly on exercise bike as a child and I am convinced the whole wrecked her self esteem for a long time. Looking back she was just a bit pudgy and might well have grown out of it but now she's huge and I think she's just given up on losing.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    That's so sad. We have video of my cousin getting told not to have seconds and constantly on exercise bike as a child and I am convinced the whole wrecked her self esteem for a long time. Looking back she was just a bit pudgy and might well have grown out of it but now she's huge and I think she's just given up on losing.
    Yeah. My sis is not really fat at all. She did get a tiny chubbier from tons of mcdonalds when they were in Vegas the last time I went back, but nothing abnormal for a 10 yr old. She just looks chubby next to my brother who is a stick from growing (12 and already taller than me who is 5'9").
    ------

Shop Now
    There is a commercial for a new acne product where it leaves "oil absorbing particles" sitting on your skin all day. Blocking those pores and collecting oils and who knows what from the air and holding it there all day.