Page 730 of 878 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 8779

Thread: Funny CW moments page 730

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    now you must post your meals regularly, so she won't think her passive aggressive comments made her win
    Or you can post my breakfast from the other day:
    bacon and sausage scrambled with 3 eggs. Shredded kerrygold cheese. Coffee with heavy cream.

Breakfast of champions, LOL

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Or you can post my breakfast from the other day:
    bacon and sausage scrambled with 3 eggs. Shredded kerrygold cheese. Coffee with heavy cream.

Breakfast of champions, LOL
    And dinner! I have coffee with heavy cream in the morning and then nothing until dinner. Tonight it was 2 hardboiled eggs mashed in homemade mayo while I fried three eggs in butter and a bed of asiago cheese and oven baked six slices of bacon. And dark chocolate. I feel so great now- but was definitely having a hard time finishing the meal!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast was Bacon, and eggs, with cheese, and I put a dab (2 tbls) of Kerrygold on them, then had Buttered Coffee (bulletproof) for going to work (butter, MCT oil, plain gelatin powder, and collagen powder)...

Funny CW: well, not that funny, but a co-worker has just been diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance. She is convinced her life is over. I'm standing there, telling her "You can always come eat at my place"

Primitiva is offline Member
    I stumble upon this list of healthy recipes substitutions on Pinterest, some may be good ideas but these?

Black beans for flour--
    Swapping out flour for a can of back beans (drained and rinsed, of course) in brownies is a great way to cut out the gluten and fit in an extra dose of protein, Plus, they taste great. When baking, swap out 1 cup flour for 1 cup black bean puree (about a 15oz can).

Marshmallow Fluff for frosting--
    Replacing the fat and sugar in frosting with marshmallow achieves the perfect consistency with many fewer calories. While two tablespoons of marshmallow has just 40 calories and 6 grams of sugar (and no fat!), the same amount of conventional frosting can pack up to 100 calories, 14 grams of sugar, and 5 grams of fat. Need we go on?

Two egg whites for one whole egg --
    One egg yolk holds more than half the recommended daily cholesterol for the average adult. Trading out the yolk for a second white will cut out the cholesterol while doubling the protein. If making a dish that requires more eggs, keep one to two yolks for their rich vitamins A, E, D, and K content, but consider swapping out the rest.

White-meat, skinless poultry for dark-meat poultry --
    The biggest chicken debate to date: white meat vs. dark meat. And the white meat has it beat lower in calories and fat, higher in protein and iron.

Ground Turkey for ground beef --
    Ground turkey (or chicken) is a great substitute for ground beef to cut down on saturated fat and calories. Reminder: Because of the lower fat content, ground poultry often ends up drier than beef, but a few tablespoons of chicken stock can solve the problem in a snap!

jodi29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    Ground Turkey for ground beef --
    Ground turkey (or chicken) is a great substitute for ground beef to cut down on saturated fat and calories. Reminder: Because of the lower fat content, ground poultry often ends up drier than beef, but a few tablespoons of chicken stock can solve the problem in a snap!

Ugh. Unfortunately this one hits home. I was a fool when I listened to my trainer when I had one. He was watching every single thing I ate and I brought in my food journal to him a couple times a week. One day I was very proud of the fact that I made taco soup with ground beef. He scolded me for how much beef I was eating and told me to switch it to ground turkey. :face palm:

And...black beans instead of flour?? Did I read that correctly?

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Wait, white meat chicken is higher in iron than dark?? I always heard the opposite.

Somebody made that black bean brownie concoction and brought it to a running group 'healthy' breakfast. If you want chocolates stuff without flour why not make a flour less chocolate cake or mousse?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    If you want chocolates stuff without flour why not make a flour less chocolate cake or mousse?
    'Cause, oh my gosh, those recipes have EGGS and BUTTER! Don't you know that stuff will kill you?!?

More for us!

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    In the store on the box of Honeycomb cereal, it stated "Served Best With Skim Milk". What???
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

natashik85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    now you must post your meals regularly, so she won't think her passive aggressive comments made her win
    Ahahah. That made me laugh! I can imagine her face everytime she looks at my FB posts. Just recently I poster picture of Beef jerky in the making (they we Yemmy by the way). People went crazy inviting themselves for tastings I am affraid I will have to host bunch of friends every day for a meal if I keep this up
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94235.html
    Starting weight (1.Sep 2013): 88.1 kg
    Current weight: 84.6 kg
    Goal weight: 66 kg
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep loosing it

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member
    Mom, Stepdad and I are eating dinner. Dinner's Turkish white bread and ground beef with salad and BBQ-sauce for the beef.

Stepdad: I read about this bread-diet. I was thinking about trying it. Can't put any butter (*Margarine*) on it though...
    Me (a bit horrified) thinking: Ooookay...
    Mom: But just bread is unhealthy! And not tasty at all.
    Me thinking: Good one Mom!
    Stepdad: Well, I'd use Turkish bread, because that's tasty on its own and it isn't dry at all.
    Mom: But it doesn't have any fibers!
    Me: How do you know that?
    Mom: Well, fibers are the pits and the seeds on it!
    Me thinking: WTH?!
    Me: Ehm... no... Pits and seeds are just pits and seeds. Fibers are inside the bread, and as far as I know, not visible.
    Mom (to Stepdad, last sentence a bit threatingly): But it's unhealthy. You're not seriously thinking about doing that, right?!
    Stepdad: I said I was thinking about it!
    Mom (a bit belittlingly (sp?)): Oh, good. I thought you actually wanted to try it.
    Stepdad: *mumbles something under his breath and looks a bit miserable*

I mean, I don't think the bread diet is very healthy. But my Mom just... she just doesn't consider it. Automatically, things are written off as unhealthy and just not-done. While Stepdad just wanted to try it for two weeks. I mean, even if it's unhealthy, I don't think it'd kill you! (well, maybe if you're very allergic or intolerant to gluten or grains?)

But Mom's the boss. :P And trying out CW diets all the time. (So that's why I never mention Primal to her. I think Stepdad would at least hear me out and read a webpage about it, but Mom would just wipe everything I say off the table like I've gone mad.)