Page 727 of 901 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737777827 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 9003

Thread: Funny CW moments page 727

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl
    Fellow Unitarian here. A lovely ceremony it will be. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but as someone who makes, buys, and consumes a LOT of sausage, I need to say: If your sausage even has a list of ingredients, IT IS NOT PRIMAL Find a market or butcher that makes sausage on site or make it yourself. I prefer bulk over stuffed so don't let that stop you. As with most primal foods, you will notice the difference. Don't skimp on the fat. Pork, back fat, is $1/ pound.
    magicmerl, didn't mean to single you out, just was referencing the conversion about sausage ingredients. Maybe the post with the list of ingredients, from hotdogs, would have been better.
    I didn't read the earlier posts, but....another option, is to go to a good butcher and ask for some nice coarsely ground pork - make sure it's not too lean. Mix in your own spices (loads of recipes online) and form into patties. For 10 minutes worth of work you can have custom sausage, and really control what goes into it. Yummy. It can also cost half the price. (I know it's one more thing to do, but I'd do 5-6llbs of it and have some in the freezer).

I'm so sick of reading labels on things that shouldn't even have labels. It's so out of control.

Also, a good butcher won't be shocked when you don't want something extra lean. They know that fat carries flavor and moisture.
    Last edited by APPLEGIRL; 09-13-2013 at 05:03 PM.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

-somebody who go sucked in years ago
    And don't forget the feasts! I cooked a couple in my day with the SCA. Such fun. But you also have to be willing to put up some a lot of what I will call "douche baggery". Some of those people take things wayyyyy too seriously. But most people are nice and it is fun. You just have to take some of the people with a grain of salt.

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

-somebody who go sucked in years ago
    Hahaha. Thanks for the heads up on that. Do they also teach how to brew mead? If so that'd take the "cake" (ingredients to "the cake" coconut flour, coconut milk, & bacon)

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    Also, a good butcher won't be shocked when you don't want something extra lean. They know that fat carries flavor and moisture.
    We've managed to train our butcher up now and he leaves bones, fat, rind, etc. in place. This week he was on holiday so we just got standard processing from the replacement guy. The sausages were very noticeably breadier (won't make that mistake again!) and there was hardly any fat on the pork. Did you know they take the skin off the roasting joint, cut out most of the fat, then stick the skin back on? We didn't till he did it in front of us one time and we stopped him.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    Hahaha. Thanks for the heads up on that. Do they also teach how to brew mead? If so that'd take the "cake" (ingredients to "the cake" coconut flour, coconut milk, & bacon)
    OMG The mead you will try, swill and quaff. Dear lords of Asgard there will be mead coming out of your ears if you let it. Yes they will teach you how to make mead if you want.

There is a fellow in Quebec city that shows up at any event he goes to with 50 bottles or more. every time. He is known as lord Here try this one.

Mmmmm mead....
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I get my mom to try a fig.
    M- I don't think it's ripe
    Me- why? It's really soft (I thought she meant maybe it was over ripe)
    M- it's not very sweet
    Me- it's pretty sweet
    M- kind of bland *eats a brownie*

This after grocery shopping, where I swear she bought a loaf of bread for every person in our family. After saying I look skinny and discussing how I've lost ~4lbs in the last 10 days.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    I get my mom to try a fig.
    M- I don't think it's ripe
    Me- why? It's really soft (I thought she meant maybe it was over ripe)
    M- it's not very sweet
    Me- it's pretty sweet
    M- kind of bland *eats a brownie*

This after grocery shopping, where I swear she bought a loaf of bread for every person in our family. After saying I look skinny and discussing how I've lost ~4lbs in the last 10 days.

It's amazing how so many desserts these days taste like NOTHING BUT SUGAR. I mean, seriously, pie, cake, cookies, take your pick, they all taste the same, like a bag of white sugar.

I've even had Key Lime Pie, an expensive one, made at a fancy restaurant, that had no taste other than sweetness. Same with cheesecake. Seriously?

Friends look at me oddly when I compliment a dessert by saying, "I can actually taste it!"

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    It's amazing how so many desserts these days taste like NOTHING BUT SUGAR. I mean, seriously, pie, cake, cookies, take your pick, they all taste the same, like a bag of white sugar.
    I agree. Haha, I love to talk about the French bakery near me, and their pastries taste of butter, eggs and are not so sweet. The eclairs, you can taste all the ingredients. I had a bite of banana cream pie recently from a grocery- it was awful, tasted like sugar and chemicals, not even any bananas in it. I'm not sure what it was but people were RAVING about it. Maybe to be polite?

That said, I think figs are kind of bland. I have to admit, I'd prefer a well made brownie.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

drjoyous is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    That said, I think figs are kind of bland. I have to admit, I'd prefer a well made brownie.
    Soaked in brandy and made into homemade coconut milk ice cream... they taste GREAT!