Page 726 of 901 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736776826 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 726

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    Sweet thanks for the help Warmbear.

& thank you too Rich. You were still the first one to respond & that counts for something.
    Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

-somebody who go sucked in years ago
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Bunch of nurses talking about some fad diet, actually mentioned glycogen depletion. I said, "Also sprinting, really great way to use up glycogen!" And they looked at me like I just dropped baby Jesus on his head, lol.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Bunch of nurses talking about some fad diet, actually mentioned glycogen depletion. I said, "Also sprinting, really great way to use up glycogen!" And they looked at me like I just dropped baby Jesus on his head, lol.
    Heh. Runners world mentions glycogen all the time, because depleting it would be bad which is why you are supposed to eat sonny carbs.

They also have diet and recipe advice for losing weight, vegetarians, and gluten free- which I thought might have something good but the anti meat people must have invaded that too because no such luck.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Exactly.

Ask my mom how wonderful a low acid stomach is. She's had h. pylori causing ulcers TWICE in the past 5 years due to low acid making it flourish. The first time, she ended up in the hospital for a week. The second time, she lost about 20% of her body weight. And yet, she continues to take Tums almost every day.

Your stomach is supposed to be acidic.
    QUITE, this is still such blasphemy in the medical profession because doctors can not admit their mistakes, even to themselves. Just like statins, acid reducers are still the standard of practice and worth billions in revenue.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    At the store-
    Me: ooh! Turkey is on sale!
    Roomie: eeeewww
    Later
    Roomie: mmmm, chocolate chewy coconut granola bars
    Me: eeeeewwwww

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl and for afters it is to the parents of said wee bairn to provide noms. So my wife goes and makes 500000 rice crispy squares with ooey gooey marshmallows. Now get this she made it 'cause they are gluten free and therefore are paleo so I can have some and they are vegan too............

sigh. I do love her but sometimes ya gotta wonder.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl and for afters it is to the parents of said wee bairn to provide noms. So my wife goes and makes 500000 rice crispy squares with ooey gooey marshmallows. Now get this she made it 'cause they are gluten free and therefore are paleo so I can have some and they are vegan too............

sigh. I do love her but sometimes ya gotta wonder.
    Especially since Rice Krispies are not gluten free...

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Especially since Rice Krispies are not gluten free...
    Unless you buy the ones that say GLUTEN-FREE on the box...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Unless you buy the ones that say GLUTEN-FREE on the box...
    Ahh, that is probably different. Haven't seen those, but I don't spend that much time in the cereal aisle.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    When I first saw gluten free sausages at my supermarket, I checked the labels of EVERY other type of sausage there. They ALL had wheat (gluten) in them. The only thing that matters to me is my supermarket and what I can buy.

I don't care if there are unlabeled gluten-free sausages in other supermarkets or other countries. That's not relevant to me because I can't buy them.

Sorry if my response to you was abrasive, but you came across to me as smug and condescending (and wrong). Thus, my post.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but as someone who makes, buys, and consumes a LOT of sausage, I need to say: If your sausage even has a list of ingredients, IT IS NOT PRIMAL Find a market or butcher that makes sausage on site or make it yourself. I prefer bulk over stuffed so don't let that stop you. As with most primal foods, you will notice the difference. Don't skimp on the fat. Pork, back fat, is $1/ pound.
    magicmerl, didn't mean to single you out, just was referencing the conversion about sausage ingredients. Maybe the post with the list of ingredients, from hotdogs, would have been better.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-13-2013 at 04:28 PM.