Page 726 of 924 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736776826 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl and for afters it is to the parents of said wee bairn to provide noms. So my wife goes and makes 500000 rice crispy squares with ooey gooey marshmallows. Now get this she made it 'cause they are gluten free and therefore are paleo so I can have some and they are vegan too............

sigh. I do love her but sometimes ya gotta wonder.
    Especially since Rice Krispies are not gluten free...

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Especially since Rice Krispies are not gluten free...
    Unless you buy the ones that say GLUTEN-FREE on the box...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Unless you buy the ones that say GLUTEN-FREE on the box...
    Ahh, that is probably different. Haven't seen those, but I don't spend that much time in the cereal aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    When I first saw gluten free sausages at my supermarket, I checked the labels of EVERY other type of sausage there. They ALL had wheat (gluten) in them. The only thing that matters to me is my supermarket and what I can buy.

I don't care if there are unlabeled gluten-free sausages in other supermarkets or other countries. That's not relevant to me because I can't buy them.

Sorry if my response to you was abrasive, but you came across to me as smug and condescending (and wrong). Thus, my post.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but as someone who makes, buys, and consumes a LOT of sausage, I need to say: If your sausage even has a list of ingredients, IT IS NOT PRIMAL Find a market or butcher that makes sausage on site or make it yourself. I prefer bulk over stuffed so don't let that stop you. As with most primal foods, you will notice the difference. Don't skimp on the fat. Pork, back fat, is $1/ pound.
    magicmerl, didn't mean to single you out, just was referencing the conversion about sausage ingredients. Maybe the post with the list of ingredients, from hotdogs, would have been better.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-13-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl
    Fellow Unitarian here. A lovely ceremony it will be. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but as someone who makes, buys, and consumes a LOT of sausage, I need to say: If your sausage even has a list of ingredients, IT IS NOT PRIMAL Find a market or butcher that makes sausage on site or make it yourself. I prefer bulk over stuffed so don't let that stop you. As with most primal foods, you will notice the difference. Don't skimp on the fat. Pork, back fat, is $1/ pound.
    magicmerl, didn't mean to single you out, just was referencing the conversion about sausage ingredients. Maybe the post with the list of ingredients, from hotdogs, would have been better.
    I didn't read the earlier posts, but....another option, is to go to a good butcher and ask for some nice coarsely ground pork - make sure it's not too lean. Mix in your own spices (loads of recipes online) and form into patties. For 10 minutes worth of work you can have custom sausage, and really control what goes into it. Yummy. It can also cost half the price. (I know it's one more thing to do, but I'd do 5-6llbs of it and have some in the freezer).

I'm so sick of reading labels on things that shouldn't even have labels. It's so out of control.

Also, a good butcher won't be shocked when you don't want something extra lean. They know that fat carries flavor and moisture.
    Last edited by APPLEGIRL; 09-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

-somebody who go sucked in years ago
    And don't forget the feasts! I cooked a couple in my day with the SCA. Such fun. But you also have to be willing to put up some a lot of what I will call "douche baggery". Some of those people take things wayyyyy too seriously. But most people are nice and it is fun. You just have to take some of the people with a grain of salt.

Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

-somebody who go sucked in years ago
    Hahaha. Thanks for the heads up on that. Do they also teach how to brew mead? If so that'd take the "cake" (ingredients to "the cake" coconut flour, coconut milk, & bacon)

Quote Originally Posted by APPLEGIRL View Post
    Also, a good butcher won't be shocked when you don't want something extra lean. They know that fat carries flavor and moisture.
    We've managed to train our butcher up now and he leaves bones, fat, rind, etc. in place. This week he was on holiday so we just got standard processing from the replacement guy. The sausages were very noticeably breadier (won't make that mistake again!) and there was hardly any fat on the pork. Did you know they take the skin off the roasting joint, cut out most of the fat, then stick the skin back on? We didn't till he did it in front of us one time and we stopped him.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    Hahaha. Thanks for the heads up on that. Do they also teach how to brew mead? If so that'd take the "cake" (ingredients to "the cake" coconut flour, coconut milk, & bacon)
    OMG The mead you will try, swill and quaff. Dear lords of Asgard there will be mead coming out of your ears if you let it. Yes they will teach you how to make mead if you want.

There is a fellow in Quebec city that shows up at any event he goes to with 50 bottles or more. every time. He is known as lord Here try this one.

Mmmmm mead....
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.