Page 725 of 924 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727735775825 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

  1. #7241
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,003
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I happen to be a master fletcher and boyer. I make medieval bows and arrows for fun and some small profit. If you live near a big city then look up your local chapter of the SCA. (sca.org) They will have an archery practice and you can go shoot without having your own gear to start. Also go to paleoplanet.net and go to the archery section, introduce yourself and ask them to guide you to the nearest archery how to or a store in your area you can trust.

    You can also msg me and I can help ya get started with some advice if needed but those I already gave you will likely be the cheapest options to start.
    Well that blows my advice out of the water. Thanks for making me feel small and inconsequential, Warmbear.

  2. #7242
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,732
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Well that blows my advice out of the water. Thanks for making me feel small and inconsequential, Warmbear.
    lol.... isn't that what internet friends are for?

  3. #7243
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    670
    Anything I can do for my friends.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

  4. #7244
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fontana, CA
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I happen to be a master fletcher and boyer. I make medieval bows and arrows for fun and some small profit. If you live near a big city then look up your local chapter of the SCA. (sca.org) They will have an archery practice and you can go shoot without having your own gear to start. Also go to paleoplanet.net and go to the archery section, introduce yourself and ask them to guide you to the nearest archery how to or a store in your area you can trust.

    You can also msg me and I can help ya get started with some advice if needed but those I already gave you will likely be the cheapest options to start.
    Sweet thanks for the help Warmbear.

    & thank you too Rich. You were still the first one to respond & that counts for something.

  5. #7245
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    Sweet thanks for the help Warmbear.

    & thank you too Rich. You were still the first one to respond & that counts for something.
    Fair warning, SCA is a medieval recreation society. If you're a history nut, even mildly, you may end up getting sucked in.... They also do light fighting (fencing) and heavy fighting (thunking) and arts and science and all sorts of things. It's a blast.

    -somebody who go sucked in years ago
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  6. #7246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,919
    Bunch of nurses talking about some fad diet, actually mentioned glycogen depletion. I said, "Also sprinting, really great way to use up glycogen!" And they looked at me like I just dropped baby Jesus on his head, lol.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

  7. #7247
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Bunch of nurses talking about some fad diet, actually mentioned glycogen depletion. I said, "Also sprinting, really great way to use up glycogen!" And they looked at me like I just dropped baby Jesus on his head, lol.
    Heh. Runners world mentions glycogen all the time, because depleting it would be bad which is why you are supposed to eat sonny carbs.

    They also have diet and recipe advice for losing weight, vegetarians, and gluten free- which I thought might have something good but the anti meat people must have invaded that too because no such luck.

  8. #7248
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rochester Michigan
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Exactly.

    Ask my mom how wonderful a low acid stomach is. She's had h. pylori causing ulcers TWICE in the past 5 years due to low acid making it flourish. The first time, she ended up in the hospital for a week. The second time, she lost about 20% of her body weight. And yet, she continues to take Tums almost every day.

    Your stomach is supposed to be acidic.
    QUITE, this is still such blasphemy in the medical profession because doctors can not admit their mistakes, even to themselves. Just like statins, acid reducers are still the standard of practice and worth billions in revenue.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-13-2013 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #7249
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    348
    At the store-
    Me: ooh! Turkey is on sale!
    Roomie: eeeewww
    Later
    Roomie: mmmm, chocolate chewy coconut granola bars
    Me: eeeeewwwww


    Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

  10. #7250
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    670
    Shop Now
    So this weekend we are having a Unitarian dedication for our wee baby girl and for afters it is to the parents of said wee bairn to provide noms. So my wife goes and makes 500000 rice crispy squares with ooey gooey marshmallows. Now get this she made it 'cause they are gluten free and therefore are paleo so I can have some and they are vegan too............



    sigh. I do love her but sometimes ya gotta wonder.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •