Page 724 of 841 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724725726734774824 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 8406

Thread: Funny CW moments page 724

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking. Totally involuntary laugh escapes.
    Snorted coffee - just finished cleaning screen, now /facepalm
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Chick and apple - any baby I know (or have known as most are now in their 20s) would have tried to 'eat' both. Infants learn through sensory input - all 6 of them :-) Personally I'd b hard pressed not to dip the chick in a little melted butter and eat it still wriggly ......
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Get to work this morning and coworker eating doritos and a coke. Someone comments "good breakfast" jokingly. Her response was she didn't have time to 'grab' anything else this morning, but it's important to have something for breakfast.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Get to work this morning and coworker eating doritos and a coke. Someone comments "good breakfast" jokingly. Her response was she didn't have time to 'grab' anything else this morning, but it's important to have something for breakfast.
    No. That did not happen. I don't believe you. ::cries in a corner::
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    One of my law school study partners converted my other study partner into a vegan.

I had to sit there and listen to them wax poetic about veganism and health all last semester. Also I have to make sure there are vegan options at my brunch now... I refuse to buy fake meat/cheese for them though.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I contend that we all use the "net carb" theory. Do we worry about the carbs in our BAS? No, because most of the carbs are bound in non digestable fiber and will not trigger insulin release. We know that grain fiber is not needed but we are not as united about vegetable fiber. You do know that it is possible to get enough carbohydrate in your BAS to sabotage your weight Loss? Net "carbs " is a better indicaction of the sugar if you need to stay in the weight loss zone. Others can get away with just watching their starch, practically speaking.
    Practically speaking, I watch my starch. I'll literally sit on the kitchen floor on front of the oven, watching those sweet potatoes roast or those russets turn into oven fries. It's torture.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIstressKiki View Post
    Chick and apple - any baby I know (or have known as most are now in their 20s) would have tried to 'eat' both. Infants learn through sensory input - all 6 of them :-) Personally I'd b hard pressed not to dip the chick in a little melted butter and eat it still wriggly ......
    In Fable, there's a quest where you have to eat Crunchy Chicks to join the Temple of Evil. You get comments like, "I think I'm gonna be sick." and "That one was still wriggling." I love that game.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    People are still baffled when I turn down sunscreen. They must not notice that I don't usually get burnt.
    Haha it's like committing a crime if you don't put on sun screen. The "oh so evil" sun will give you cancer if you don't.
    Yet it's okay if you stay indoors the majority of the time. And they wonder why they get sun burnt in the first place.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    This is minor. I had my 2 year old nephew visiting for the weekend. He drinks juice. Juice is not a part of my kids' diet AT ALL because I have an aversion to explosive diarrhea. However, being the good auntie that I am, I ventured into the juice box aisle for some apple juice boxes so I did not have to buy a whole big container of juice.

Holy Crap! Red juice, pink, purple, green, lime green, orange....The colors! The various muppet and other characters! How many different kinds of 'juice' box do we need? I use the term juice lightly, as the majority of these are 'juice drink' that consists of corn syrup, coloring, flavor, and water. Yum.

I found a 'mots for tots' diluted apple juice buried at the bottom, and made a speedy exit. This is also the aisle with cold cereal, snack bars, and canned fruit. Man, a temple of brightly colored sugar for the kids!

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've been telling my mom she gives my nephews too much juice and chocolate milk for years. Ive been giving them water instead of juice when they ask me and dealing with the minor fits. She took them to the dentist finally and he told her .... to give them less juice and chocolate milk! so now she's listening (eye roll). She still about had a fit when I sent water instead of a juice box to school. What does she think is going to happen if they just have water??