Page 723 of 871 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 723

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had 12 eggs yesterday.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    I had 12 eggs yesterday.
    Luuuucky!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    A friend of a friend - overweight, puffy, in the hospital for severe intestinal issues. They do quite a bit of testing and find they need to remove part of her bowel (I don't know what the diagnosis was).

"Health Care" practitioner: Well that's what comes from 15 years of eating red meat.
    Patient: I'm a vegetarian. I haven't had meat in over 15 years.

True story. Typical CW, but sad, not funny.
    You can draw your own conclusions concerning both patient and "health care" provider.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member

mmmm food.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Hoooooly crap, this website.

"A carnivore's frame of mind is totally geared for hunting and killing. Man's frame of mind is compassionate, friendly and reveres life. When the lion spots another furry animal, something might instinctively click in his head that tells him to hurry up and get dinner. When man spots a furry animal, rather than show his children how to take its life and eat it, a more likely instinct is to pull over, get the camera out and take a picture. Put a young baby chick and an apple in a crib with a six-month-old baby. What will he instinctively attempt to eat and play with? "

This must be why our pet dogs are always trying to tear us limb from limb.
    Yes modern man doesn't associate animals with food. Hunters on the other hand, see a game animal and mentally check the calendar to see if it is "in season. When I see a fresh deer kill, on the side of the road, my first thought is " do I have my knife? ". Mmmm backstraps ".
    For those who say early man did not hunt, that much, what did we eat in January, here in Michigan? What drives people out on a frozen lake, in sub zero Temps? It sure is not that fun. (your millage may vary)
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I dont know about the chick and the apple. I would have been coughing up feathers in a heartbeat as a kid. I am a predator first and always. I have been hunting since I was old enough to get away from my mom. I grew up eating what we killed as a regular daily routine. If I did not get a few rabbits or partridge before school in my traps, we might not get supper that day. If I did not spear a few salmon or jig some trout then food was kinda skinny. Dad was away a lot and we never had much money.

Modern urban people likely dont understand the cravings for food, they teach thier kids to pet the cute animal, not get it for supper. Living in a city where food all day everyday can be had dulls and twists our instincts. It is not natural for people to be so kind nor compassionate not friendly.

To this day I carry a sling in my bag with 3 or 4 round stones everywhere and often a rabbit stick about 14 inches in length in case a rabbit or pigeon offers me a shot. There is always a sharp knife in my pocket and a Gerber tool in my bag if I come across a road kill and always have a good plastic bag as well to hold what I find.

Grow up hungry and see how compassionate you become.
    Last edited by Warmbear; 09-11-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by ekat View Post
    I don't usually post on here, but I just had to share this! I overheard a conversation between two guys at a coffee shop his morning. The one was talking about how he had to start taking supplements for vitamin D deficiency. The other guy said, "Just slap on some sunscreen and go outside!" It was all I could do not to say, "Actually..."
    Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking. Totally involuntary laugh escapes.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, mom made the gluten-free schnitzel I picked up from a butcher. Probably breaded in rice flour, which is fine once in a while.

Dad ate it with a side of my sister's vegetarian pasta bake. I told him he just made a mockery of the money I spent...

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    My roommate told me I am going to get cancer from staying outside longer 5min. This is according to her sister who is a dr.

I guess I'm screwed since I spent 4 hours outdoors.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    My roommate told me I am going to get cancer from staying outside longer 5min. This is according to her sister who is a dr.

I guess I'm screwed since I spent 4 hours outdoors.
    People are still baffled when I turn down sunscreen. They must not notice that I don't usually get burnt.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    IIRC, "net carbs" is total grams of carbs minus grams of fiber (since fiber is good for you, according to CW). At least that's what they did back in my Atkins days. I'm glad I know better now...
    I contend that we all use the "net carb" theory. Do we worry about the carbs in our BAS? No, because most of the carbs are bound in non digestable fiber and will not trigger insulin release. We know that grain fiber is not needed but we are not as united about vegetable fiber. You do know that it is possible to get enough carbohydrate in your BAS to sabotage your weight Loss? Net "carbs " is a better indicaction of the sugar if you need to stay in the weight loss zone. Others can get away with just watching their starch, practically speaking.