Page 723 of 924 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Yesterday, mom made the gluten-free schnitzel I picked up from a butcher. Probably breaded in rice flour, which is fine once in a while.

Dad ate it with a side of my sister's vegetarian pasta bake. I told him he just made a mockery of the money I spent...

My roommate told me I am going to get cancer from staying outside longer 5min. This is according to her sister who is a dr.

I guess I'm screwed since I spent 4 hours outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by GrokMendoza View Post
    My roommate told me I am going to get cancer from staying outside longer 5min. This is according to her sister who is a dr.

I guess I'm screwed since I spent 4 hours outdoors.
    People are still baffled when I turn down sunscreen. They must not notice that I don't usually get burnt.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    IIRC, "net carbs" is total grams of carbs minus grams of fiber (since fiber is good for you, according to CW). At least that's what they did back in my Atkins days. I'm glad I know better now...
    I contend that we all use the "net carb" theory. Do we worry about the carbs in our BAS? No, because most of the carbs are bound in non digestable fiber and will not trigger insulin release. We know that grain fiber is not needed but we are not as united about vegetable fiber. You do know that it is possible to get enough carbohydrate in your BAS to sabotage your weight Loss? Net "carbs " is a better indicaction of the sugar if you need to stay in the weight loss zone. Others can get away with just watching their starch, practically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking. Totally involuntary laugh escapes.
    Snorted coffee - just finished cleaning screen, now /facepalm
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Chick and apple - any baby I know (or have known as most are now in their 20s) would have tried to 'eat' both. Infants learn through sensory input - all 6 of them :-) Personally I'd b hard pressed not to dip the chick in a little melted butter and eat it still wriggly ......
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Get to work this morning and coworker eating doritos and a coke. Someone comments "good breakfast" jokingly. Her response was she didn't have time to 'grab' anything else this morning, but it's important to have something for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Get to work this morning and coworker eating doritos and a coke. Someone comments "good breakfast" jokingly. Her response was she didn't have time to 'grab' anything else this morning, but it's important to have something for breakfast.
    No. That did not happen. I don't believe you. ::cries in a corner::
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

One of my law school study partners converted my other study partner into a vegan.

I had to sit there and listen to them wax poetic about veganism and health all last semester. Also I have to make sure there are vegan options at my brunch now... I refuse to buy fake meat/cheese for them though.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I contend that we all use the "net carb" theory. Do we worry about the carbs in our BAS? No, because most of the carbs are bound in non digestable fiber and will not trigger insulin release. We know that grain fiber is not needed but we are not as united about vegetable fiber. You do know that it is possible to get enough carbohydrate in your BAS to sabotage your weight Loss? Net "carbs " is a better indicaction of the sugar if you need to stay in the weight loss zone. Others can get away with just watching their starch, practically speaking.
    Practically speaking, I watch my starch. I'll literally sit on the kitchen floor on front of the oven, watching those sweet potatoes roast or those russets turn into oven fries. It's torture.