Page 721 of 838 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 8378

Thread: Funny CW moments page 721

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My husband and I were in a room with his parents, and I think he was trying to draw a compliment out of them about my weight loss (not something I would have really condoned, as I don't try to flaunt it myself, but whatever), and it went like this:

Him - So how much weight have you lost? 40 lbs?
    Me - Almost. 39, actually.
    *dead silence for several seconds*
    FIL - "Well, one guy lost a lot of weight eating Twinkies for a month."
    MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Because my way of eating is comparable to that, I guess? Also they are heavy as well, so if losing weight is really that easy, why aren't they doing it?
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Jaigirl is offline Junior Member
    I love this thread! I'm just getting started on my primal/paleo journey. Been at it about a week after lots of research,and I am in LOVE! So my funny, my SIL just posted a picture of two massive jars of Nutella on FB with the caption "Got my protein for the week!" The sad thing is she is dead serious and people are commenting on how healthy she is eating

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Yogurt advert promoting new chocolate flavour: "And you won't believe it's fat-free!"

..of course it's fat-free. Sugar has no fat!!

I have said this before but if a food has a commercial, it's probably not good for you.
    Same is true for drugs plus you could not afford them without insurance. Obamacare killer alert

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    My husband and I were in a room with his parents, and I think he was trying to draw a compliment out of them about my weight loss (not something I would have really condoned, as I don't try to flaunt it myself, but whatever), and it went like this:

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Because my way of eating is comparable to that, I guess? Also they are heavy as well, so if losing weight is really that easy, why aren't they doing it?
    WOW Cyborcat! They do not sound like kind people. But your husband is clearly proud of you, and you've done well. Let those old bats wallow in their unkindness--it sounds like they deserve each other.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

The guy who lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies was getting maybe 8-10g of protein A DAY. Think about that.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Ugh..like weightloss is the ONLY goal. We can all go on the twinkie or Subway diet and lose weight.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Breezy111 is offline Member
    I'm trying to read this whole thread and let me tell you, I might be done by 2017. I was going to wait to post until I finished but I can't take it lol.

Today I decided to try some coffee without ordering the sugary types of drinks I normally get at Starbucks. So I ask if they have heavy cream and they say yes... Score. So I order a latte with heavy cream. Waiting for my drink and I hear "Latte for Brianne with..... hea... heavy...cream." I get up and as I walk to the counter literally all of the baristas are watching to see who ordered such a thing. I smiled and said "thank you!!" It tasted fabulous!

I have a coworker who lost about the same amount of weight as me last year (but she was using CW), the difference between us is that I lost about 55 lbs in less than 7 months with diet alone... She lost about 60 lbs over the course of a couple years by living at the gym and eating crappy food and restricting calories and such. At one point she asked me what my maintenance plan was now that I lost all this weight. I said..."maintenance plan...what do you mean?" She says something about what am I going to eat now that I lost all this weight so I don't gain it back once my diet is over. She proceeded to tell me that we have to have a maintenance plan and that she was going to do blah blah blah... I said "ummm, I'm not doing any maintenance plan because this is a lifestyle change, I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life or until such a time it stops working for me.." She was so offended and got all bitchy with me. People are ridiculous sometimes lol.

The funny thing is we both hit a plateau and while I successfully kept all my weight off until now, she's gone up and down in weight and size a couple times and tortures herself by going to the gym like crazy and dieting and basically struggles while I'm over here maintaining my weight without any struggle at all. She hates it. Jealousy is ugly. I've tried telling her about PB... It's her choice not to listen I guess haha.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The funny thing is we both hit a plateau and while I successfully kept all my weight off until now, she's gone up and down in weight and size a couple times and tortures herself by going to the gym like crazy and dieting and basically struggles while I'm over here maintaining my weight without any struggle at all. She hates it. Jealousy is ugly. I've tried telling her about PB... It's her choice not to listen I guess haha.
    Plus you are drinking coffee with heavy cream, and I assume bacon, eggs and dark chocolate. But hey, I bet she gets quinoa, wheat bread and fat free cookies. You know, you had to give up stuff like multi grain pitas and tortillas in exchange for.... steak.

If you add in some heavy lifting, you can also enjoy the fun of gaining weight while getting smaller and making yourself able to eat more food. That will really piss her off.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=eKatherine;1303833]The guy who lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies was getting maybe 8-10g of protein A DAY. Think about that.[/QUOTE

Try talking to a veg@n evidently the whole protein thing is a myth...LOL!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    An article discovers not all fat is evil. Oh shit guys they're on to us.

"Now, new research about the various dietary fats has shown that fatty fish, with their high levels of a polyunsaturated fatty acid known as omega-3, may be even more useful than polyunsaturated vegetable oils, like corn and safflower oil, when it comes to lowering blood cholesterol levels."