Page 720 of 924 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Whole wheat is not a processed carb. Whole wheat flour is. There is a difference. Whole wheat flour is comparable with white flour, and they are essentially the same.
    The author clearly thinks whole wheat, bread and pasta do not qualify as " processed carbs". I think Taubes was differentiating between grains and sweet potatoes and not between white bread and whole wheat.

It's all coated and infused with round-up, fertilizers, and other scary stuff. Who would bother defending it? All monocrops are to be completely avoided, plain and simple. Unless you like eating tablespoons of gasoline every year...
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    This may be an anti CW moment, but funny no less. The other night I cooked a cow heart (fried in grass fed butter with salt, pepper and garlic powder). At dinner tonight I was eating the leftovers and put a piece on my son and daughters plate. They both ate it and my 6 yr old daughter asked for more. After she had a few bites I told her what it was, her reply was "Do all parts of a cow taste good?"

YAY!
    When my 24 year old son was about 10 I made calves liver for dinner, he came into the kitchen while I was cooking and asked what was for dinner, I knew better than to tell him liver so I told him beef, at dinner he ate it and then as he was leaving the table he said, mom that was the worst steak you ever made. I laughed and told him what he had just ate. Needless to say he was not happy with me. I told him it couldn't have been to bad since he ate it. I was never able to get him to eat liver again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Omg we must be staying with the same lady!! If I have to search for regular ole sour cream one more time i might just blow a gasket. I had to put nasty lite sour cream in my precious mashed turnips last night. And don't even get me started on the different "butters" they have. My boyfriends mom has her special Weight Watchers butter substitute or something, and his dad has his separate "I have high cholesterol so I cant eat butter" butter. His dad even has some kind of low calorie salt. I dont understand how that is even made. He keeps it on an end table next to his recliner so he can liberally salt his already salted food with it in his recliner. Sigh. He calls regular mayonnaise "the leaded stuff" implying its heavy and bad for you. While she eats the light mayonnaise. Double sigh. The sad part is I could go on.
    In my mind that" the leaded stuff " means "the good stuff" such as coffee with caffeine, full fat milk,etc It does imply that some might not think it is unhealthy but we don't give a rats ass. Think leaded gasoline. You might be too young to remember when we had a choice.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

My husband and I were in a room with his parents, and I think he was trying to draw a compliment out of them about my weight loss (not something I would have really condoned, as I don't try to flaunt it myself, but whatever), and it went like this:

Him - So how much weight have you lost? 40 lbs?
    Me - Almost. 39, actually.
    *dead silence for several seconds*
    FIL - "Well, one guy lost a lot of weight eating Twinkies for a month."
    MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Because my way of eating is comparable to that, I guess? Also they are heavy as well, so if losing weight is really that easy, why aren't they doing it?
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

I love this thread! I'm just getting started on my primal/paleo journey. Been at it about a week after lots of research,and I am in LOVE! So my funny, my SIL just posted a picture of two massive jars of Nutella on FB with the caption "Got my protein for the week!" The sad thing is she is dead serious and people are commenting on how healthy she is eating

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Yogurt advert promoting new chocolate flavour: "And you won't believe it's fat-free!"

..of course it's fat-free. Sugar has no fat!!

I have said this before but if a food has a commercial, it's probably not good for you.
    Same is true for drugs plus you could not afford them without insurance. Obamacare killer alert

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    My husband and I were in a room with his parents, and I think he was trying to draw a compliment out of them about my weight loss (not something I would have really condoned, as I don't try to flaunt it myself, but whatever), and it went like this:

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Because my way of eating is comparable to that, I guess? Also they are heavy as well, so if losing weight is really that easy, why aren't they doing it?
    WOW Cyborcat! They do not sound like kind people. But your husband is clearly proud of you, and you've done well. Let those old bats wallow in their unkindness--it sounds like they deserve each other.

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

The guy who lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies was getting maybe 8-10g of protein A DAY. Think about that.

Shop Now

MIL - "A LOT of weight!"

Ugh..like weightloss is the ONLY goal. We can all go on the twinkie or Subway diet and lose weight.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2