Page 720 of 881 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 720

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I think it's cherries because of clotting.
    Ok.. what? LOL How sober are you
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ok.. what? LOL How sober are you
    Cherries have Vitamin K, the blood clotting vitamin... but according to the all-knowing Wikipedia, so do avocados...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 09-05-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the vitamin K. Too much.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ohhh gotcha.. back to the nurses question.. LOL.. damn pain pills..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member

whole wheat not a processed carb?

In a discussion about Gary Taubes, a link to a very long rebuttal of his carbs are fattening theory, this was posted to show that there is no difference between carbs and processed carbs " The other problem is that refined and unrefined carbohydrates often have a similar II.* Pasta made from white and whole-grain wheat have the same II, and the same goes for white and whole-grain bread (29). * Doughnuts and cookies are on par with whole grain bread.* So post-meal insulin is not a compelling explanation for the potentially different effects of protein, unrefined carbohydrate, refined carbohydrate and sugar on body fatness.**"
    In case you missed it, whole grains are NOT processed carbs. proof positive that a carb is a carb, is a carb.Is
    here is the link. Whole Health Source: The Carbohydrate Hypothesis of Obesity: a Critical Examination
    There are about a hundred other problems with this essay but ever person on MDA will laugh at this.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Whole wheat is not a processed carb. Whole wheat flour is. There is a difference. Whole wheat flour is comparable with white flour, and they are essentially the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Whole wheat is not a processed carb. Whole wheat flour is. There is a difference. Whole wheat flour is comparable with white flour, and they are essentially the same.
    The author clearly thinks whole wheat, bread and pasta do not qualify as " processed carbs". I think Taubes was differentiating between grains and sweet potatoes and not between white bread and whole wheat.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It's all coated and infused with round-up, fertilizers, and other scary stuff. Who would bother defending it? All monocrops are to be completely avoided, plain and simple. Unless you like eating tablespoons of gasoline every year...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Jeri is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    This may be an anti CW moment, but funny no less. The other night I cooked a cow heart (fried in grass fed butter with salt, pepper and garlic powder). At dinner tonight I was eating the leftovers and put a piece on my son and daughters plate. They both ate it and my 6 yr old daughter asked for more. After she had a few bites I told her what it was, her reply was "Do all parts of a cow taste good?"

YAY!
    When my 24 year old son was about 10 I made calves liver for dinner, he came into the kitchen while I was cooking and asked what was for dinner, I knew better than to tell him liver so I told him beef, at dinner he ate it and then as he was leaving the table he said, mom that was the worst steak you ever made. I laughed and told him what he had just ate. Needless to say he was not happy with me. I told him it couldn't have been to bad since he ate it. I was never able to get him to eat liver again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Omg we must be staying with the same lady!! If I have to search for regular ole sour cream one more time i might just blow a gasket. I had to put nasty lite sour cream in my precious mashed turnips last night. And don't even get me started on the different "butters" they have. My boyfriends mom has her special Weight Watchers butter substitute or something, and his dad has his separate "I have high cholesterol so I cant eat butter" butter. His dad even has some kind of low calorie salt. I dont understand how that is even made. He keeps it on an end table next to his recliner so he can liberally salt his already salted food with it in his recliner. Sigh. He calls regular mayonnaise "the leaded stuff" implying its heavy and bad for you. While she eats the light mayonnaise. Double sigh. The sad part is I could go on.
    In my mind that" the leaded stuff " means "the good stuff" such as coffee with caffeine, full fat milk,etc It does imply that some might not think it is unhealthy but we don't give a rats ass. Think leaded gasoline. You might be too young to remember when we had a choice.
    Last edited by Greg Rx; 09-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.