Page 718 of 888 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 8871

Thread: Funny CW moments page 718

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post
    I was helping out with an open house in my school with this girl (obese). There was a tray of food with sausage, cheese and white bread and we all went and got some food when the open house was done.

She slapped about 3 pieces of white bread on her plate then told me she was watching her weight and how "fatty" and bad cheese and sausage were.
    She clearly has been brainwashed by bad information. You could ask her to join us, you could suggest that insulin responses might be something she wants to take a look at. Or you could just walk away and leave her be. I have discovered I hate the walking away part.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    We were watching some TV show where a guy was losing weight last night. My hubby wanted a snack and I had some new pastured bacon. So we sat there watching this guy losing weight on TV while we ate bacon.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cypselos View Post
    My salt has rice in it.
    just an FYI... I put rice in my salt shaker because I live in a humid environment. It helps the salt not to clump.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    This is true, though. Carbohydrates don't cause weight gain and obesity. Insulin resistance brought on by frequent eating and excessive refined carbohydrate and omega 6 consumption causes obesity. You'll find it very difficult to get fat off of potatoes because they're higher on the satiety index than meat. It's actually difficult to eat enough potato to get fat. I eat two pounds of them after a workout and it's only about 125g of carbs, which falls inside Mark's recommended daily allotment of 100-150g of carbs for people not looking to lose weight. Last Sunday, I ate 4 white potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, an apple and two mangoes all in one day and I didn't hit my goal of 250g of carbs. That's a lot to pack in two meals, especially with the pound and a half of meat I ate along with it in total. And I still barely hit 2,000 calories for the day.

Carbohydrates don't necessarily cause blood sugar spikes and insulin surges. Avocados, lettuce and black beans are all carbohydrates, but they'll generate less insulin than steak in a 100g serving. Hell, liver has a higher glycemic load than some of them. A 100g serving of beef liver has a glycemic index of '4', while a 100g serving of avocado, lettuce and black beans have glycemic loads of '2', '1' and '8' respectively. Beef is highly insulinogenic, and whey and casein proteins will spike your insulin more than bread. Insulin spikes aren't necessarily evil, anyway. Carbs are mostly about timing.

Same thing with the diseases. Carbohydrates don't cause diabetes, heart disease or cancer. Grain toxins, processed vegetable oils, refined carbohydrates, refined sugars, soy-packed boxed frankenfoods...these things cause diabetes, heart disease and cancer...and they all have one thing in common - they aren't found anywhere in nature. A potato, white/wild rice and bananas never hurt anyone. These things are natural and shouldn't be avoided unless you have lots of weight to lose...and let's face it, if we weren't indulging in all the fake processed crap and only eating carbs in the forms of potatoes, white/wild rice and bananas, we wouldn't be overweight to begin with. It's not the starch in grains that make them evil, it's the gluten/lectins/enzymes/phytate. Anything is toxic in too high of a quantity, even water.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant. I just get upset when I see the carbohydrate hatred and fear around here. Remember the 20 years we were all terrified of fat? Now, the new demon is carbohydrate. Didn't we learn the first time not to demonize an entire macronutrient? Carbs have their place and are a huge boost to performance and fat loss if you know how to time them. If it weren't for starch, I'd be carrying an extra 10 pounds of body fat that I couldn't lose sticking to the Primal Blueprint's 50-100g of carbs a day for fat loss approach. Only when I started cycling them - 50g on off days and 250g on workout days while keeping fats super low on workout days (<50g) - did the fat start to melt off.
    So many false and misleading statements I am calling bull shit to your entire post.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Practice nursing test question:
    Your patient with heart disease displays adequate knowledge of his new diet when he says he will avoid:
    A)apples
    B)cherries
    C)bananas
    D)avocados

Arghhhhh

Goal: Feel good, be active!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    Your patient with heart disease displays adequate knowledge of his new diet when he says he will avoid:
    A)apples
    B)cherries
    C)bananas
    D)avocados

Arghhhhh
    head::desk rinse repeat..ugh!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    A)apples
    B)cherries
    C)bananas
    D)avocados

Arghhhhh
    Uhhh...they're all fruits. LOL wtf CW. srsly...Not wtf as a question...wtf as a statement.

Nice post.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Isn't avocado pretty much accepted and touted as a "healthy fat" by now?

Better throw some salsa and fat free cheese on those tostitos lest the guac gives you a heart attack!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Isn't avocado pretty much accepted and touted as a "healthy fat" by now?
    I think I'd try to report the question on that basis alone not to mention the fact that it's just inaccurate and BS (bad science).

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A)apples
    B)cherries
    C)bananas
    D)avocados

Arghhhhh
    It's cherries right? Because if you accidentally bite on a stone you get a shock, and a shock can upset your system and give you a heart attack... right?