Page 717 of 901 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767817 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 717

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    So we went to the local agricultural fair, in Lac Brome Quebec. I have never seen such a collection of genetic mistakes and fat people in all my life. Man was jeff Foxworthy right about State fairs.. I must have seen 30 different people massively morbidly obese on moterized wheel chairs tooteling about sucking back the junk food. I had never noticed just how baddly off our society is but this place really slammed it home.

They were selling this battered deep fried onion floret for 6 bucks, must have sold thousands during the day I was there. I was not going to even try a bite as I had no idea what it was battered in. They were selling these great big elk sausages battered and deep fried. somebody was selling hamburgers that were battered and deep fried...

What the hell people is with the deep frying everything? I understand about being obese and it being hard to not eat all the time but still where does personal responsibility come to play in food choices? You have to know this is not your best choice but an onion floret, a huge soft drink and 2 chilli dogs? All the while sitting on that electric wheelchair paid for by medicare?

sigh there is no hope.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    A girl I know posts on FB
    "really want to bake, but telling myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". First comment- make rice crispy treats! Better than high fat stuff, but still yummy!

Ugh. She also posted earlier about losing 5 lbs from 2 weeks on WW... I wish there wasn't such a disconnect!!

Goal: Feel good, be active!

jodi29 is offline Member
    Two huge boxes of donuts in the break room today. As I walk into the office, EVERYONE is walking out of there with one. In the past, I would've had to engage some major willpower to not have one but now I don't even have a craving and they don't look good.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    A girl I know posts on FB
    "really want to bake, but telling myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". First comment- make rice crispy treats! Better than high fat stuff, but still yummy!

Ugh. She also posted earlier about losing 5 lbs from 2 weeks on WW... I wish there wasn't such a disconnect!!
    If she's pretty skinny, she won't want to waste points on rice krispy treats anyway. I know my mom wouldn't and she does weight watchers.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    At an office cook out last week, my boss asks if I ate and tells me, "there's healthy options too like turkey burgers and veggie burgers."

I cringed inside but explained I had a couple of beef burgers so I was good. Eating the CAFO burgers sure made me appreciate grass fed yumminess.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    At an office cook out last week, my boss asks if I ate and tells me, "there's healthy options too like turkey burgers and veggie burgers."

I cringed inside but explained I had a couple of beef burgers so I was good. Eating the CAFO burgers sure made me appreciate grass fed yumminess.

oh my yes!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if this is a 'funny CW' or 'funny Primal', but today my kids got a vomiting bug, so each of them are carrying round jars which have no purpose in our house. One of them is labelled 'sugar' and the other is 'flour'.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Went to the market tonight and went to buy some salt. Something made me look at the ingredients. I expected to see just one, salt. However dextrose and calcium silicate where there. Hmm even your salt has sugar in it.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

cypselos is offline Junior Member
    My salt has rice in it.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post

She slapped about 3 pieces of white bread on her plate then told me she was watching her weight and how "fatty" and bad cheese and sausage were.
    How's that working out for her?
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug