Page 716 of 873 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 8721

Thread: Funny CW moments page 716

Myra is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Vending machine had the same crap except for no salads, sandwiches or fresh fruit.

Myra is offline Junior Member
    Read one if those silly anti-Paleo reviews recently. The worst criticism was that it required you to eat a wide variety of foods. {face plant, lol!}

Ginny Pickles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I was a vegetarian for a really long time. Have/had vegetarian friends and never bitched about meat eaters and never cared what people ordered in a restaurant. I honestly never felt "superior" to anyone.

Maybe....primal peeps...pot meet kettle?

I mean, I see a lot of the same lecturing behavior here. A lot of vegetarians have done similar research into their diets and could produce similar science and "case studies" on health that don't include PETA literature. If someone lectures you on your diet, whether it's criticizing meat, grains or whatever, they are an asshole. It's pretty obvious to me by now that different diets work for different people. I have seen amazingly healthy vegetarians of all ages. I'm not going to tell an 85 year old spry healthy woman to eat meat or that she is wrong. I do know that a protein rich diet works much better for me, but for my friend with one kidney, it could be really bad.

If you have friends that don't eat meat and you don't want to eat meat around them, that is nice of you. Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.
    ::applause:: THANK YOU. Mind your own business when it comes to other people's food (unless of course you think the person is developing an eating disorder or something). Then if someone asks you questions, you can answer them.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    ... Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.
    Same here. I really didn't tell (I still don't discuss how I eat) people what to eat/not eat, but my coworkers, when I was a vegan, would HARASS me, constantly, about being a vegan. I couldn't pull out lunch without someone giving me shit about it. The responses were usually about how I was eating this super healthy way, and how they just couldn't see themselves doing it. Or, they'd start talking about some documentary they saw about how animals are treated, and go on about that. Seriously? Can't I just eat WHATEVER I brought for lunch in peace?

Now, of course, I don't bother with lunch. I did have a coworker notice that I didn't snag a hamburger bun at the company BBQ. I had two burgers, and a sausage, and some sort of greenery stuff on my plate.

my only response to people now, when they whine about how they keep eating stuff that bothers them (amazing how many people will do this!) is "ever thought of not eating it?"

neilc11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I know. Best outcome would be to just eat the vegetarian.
    would that be a grass fed vegetarian ?
    or,
    a grain fed cafo veggy ?

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Something just weird...

So we just moved to northern GA, and the house has double-paned windows, but no screens.

We talked to the building manager about getting some screens put in, at least a few in the kitchen so we can get some ventilation, if necessary.

He looked like we had just asked him to paint the house bubblegum pink. "You want screens in the windows?"

"Yes." Ventilation, no bugs, fresh air, weather will be nice soon (at least compared to Florida).

He then launches into an extended explanation of the few weeks of ragweed season in the Spring, and how terrible it is, and so on.

Okay, and during those few weeks we can just keep the central A/C on and close the windows. What do people have against filling their house with fresh, crisp Fall air for at least a couple hours in the year?

He promised screens, sometime.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?
    If a veg*n brings up the environmental argument, ask if they eat:
    -rice
    -conventional wheat
    -kiwi fruit
    -quinoa
    -non-local strawberries
    -conventional corn
    -anything from China (unless they're Chinese)

All of these have an environmental impact worse than meat due to genetic modification, pesticides, monoculture or transport methods.

Also ask if they ever throw clothes away, buy clothes new or buy GM clothes or clothes made with chemical dyes. The environmental impact of the cloth industry is worse than that of well-raised meat also.
    Last edited by Kochin; 09-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    The great thing about vegan farming is you can help with producing the livestock (kidding!).
    I will think of this every time I see the sign at Whole Foods " all chickens feed a vegetarian diet" . Finally that sign makes sense.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    Something just weird...

So we just moved to northern GA, and the house has double-paned windows, but no screens.

We talked to the building manager about getting some screens put in, at least a few in the kitchen so we can get some ventilation, if necessary.

He looked like we had just asked him to paint the house bubblegum pink. "You want screens in the windows?"

"Yes." Ventilation, no bugs, fresh air, weather will be nice soon (at least compared to Florida).

He then launches into an extended explanation of the few weeks of ragweed season in the Spring, and how terrible it is, and so on.

Okay, and during those few weeks we can just keep the central A/C on and close the windows. What do people have against filling their house with fresh, crisp Fall air for at least a couple hours in the year?

He promised screens, sometime.
    You can go to most hardware stores and buy those expandable screens that you can adapt to any window width (you know they are on a frame and overlap and then you slide them out to fit). They're pretty cheap. I wouldn't wait for someone else, if I were you.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Every Cosmopolitan magazine cover story ever:

41 New Ways to Please Your Man! - Blow him.
    How to Have the Best Sex Ever! - Blow him while moaning a lot.
    Secret Sex Tips Youíve Never Tried! - Put a scrunchie on his dick, then blow him.
    Boost Your Bedroom Confidence! - Stop eating for a month, lose 20 pounds, then blow him.
    How to Get What You Want in Bed! - Blow him first.
    When Itís OK to be a Bitch! - Only while blowing him.
    Sassy Career Moves to Get Ahead! - Give your boss head. Ask For Raise. Yay feminism.
    Celebrity Profile! - She is thinner, prettier, and more successful than you. And she probably gives better head.
    Scary Sexual Health Statistics! - Never have sex because you will get herpes and die. Unless itís blow jobs, those are ok.
    So funny but so true