Page 715 of 924 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    In an effort to promote wellness, they recently removed the vending machines in our building at work and replaced them with a vendor that would give us healthy options. So what do we get? A larger selection of chips, candy bars, sodas, energy drinks, sandwiches, assorted crinkly packaging microwaveable crap, salads with chemical laden dressings jerky with a list of ingredients a mile long, and cereal. In all fairness, they did include 3 edible items -- fresh apples, oranges and bananas. Now I know why the wellness dept. has the highest percentage of morbidly obese people.

What was in the vending machines before?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?
    No. I have never heard of eating locally in connection with veganism or vegetarianism.

However, I have been lectured by vegetarians and vegans about how healthy their diets are because they all eat fresh, natural food in a carefully planned diet, even though most vegetarians and vegans know no more about nutrition and eat no healthier than they did while eating the SAD including meat. Just now they buy their processed food at natural food stores.

Somehow when people stop eating meat they acquire a mantle of "nutrition conscious healthy eater" and bragging rights about it, without having to give a thought to the actual nutrition in the food they eat.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 08-31-2013 at 06:41 AM.

I was a vegetarian for a really long time. Have/had vegetarian friends and never bitched about meat eaters and never cared what people ordered in a restaurant. I honestly never felt "superior" to anyone.

Maybe....primal peeps...pot meet kettle?

Somehow when people stop eating grains and sugar they acquire a mantle of "nutrition conscious healthy eater" and bragging rights about it, without having to give a thought to the actual nutrition in the food they eat.
    I mean, I see a lot of the same lecturing behavior here. A lot of vegetarians have done similar research into their diets and could produce similar science and "case studies" on health that don't include PETA literature. If someone lectures you on your diet, whether it's criticizing meat, grains or whatever, they are an asshole. It's pretty obvious to me by now that different diets work for different people. I have seen amazingly healthy vegetarians of all ages. I'm not going to tell an 85 year old spry healthy woman to eat meat or that she is wrong. I do know that a protein rich diet works much better for me, but for my friend with one kidney, it could be really bad.

If you have friends that don't eat meat and you don't want to eat meat around them, that is nice of you. Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Vending machine had the same crap except for no salads, sandwiches or fresh fruit.

Read one if those silly anti-Paleo reviews recently. The worst criticism was that it required you to eat a wide variety of foods. {face plant, lol!}

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I was a vegetarian for a really long time. Have/had vegetarian friends and never bitched about meat eaters and never cared what people ordered in a restaurant. I honestly never felt "superior" to anyone.

Maybe....primal peeps...pot meet kettle?

I mean, I see a lot of the same lecturing behavior here. A lot of vegetarians have done similar research into their diets and could produce similar science and "case studies" on health that don't include PETA literature. If someone lectures you on your diet, whether it's criticizing meat, grains or whatever, they are an asshole. It's pretty obvious to me by now that different diets work for different people. I have seen amazingly healthy vegetarians of all ages. I'm not going to tell an 85 year old spry healthy woman to eat meat or that she is wrong. I do know that a protein rich diet works much better for me, but for my friend with one kidney, it could be really bad.

If you have friends that don't eat meat and you don't want to eat meat around them, that is nice of you. Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.
    ::applause:: THANK YOU. Mind your own business when it comes to other people's food (unless of course you think the person is developing an eating disorder or something). Then if someone asks you questions, you can answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    ... Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.
    Same here. I really didn't tell (I still don't discuss how I eat) people what to eat/not eat, but my coworkers, when I was a vegan, would HARASS me, constantly, about being a vegan. I couldn't pull out lunch without someone giving me shit about it. The responses were usually about how I was eating this super healthy way, and how they just couldn't see themselves doing it. Or, they'd start talking about some documentary they saw about how animals are treated, and go on about that. Seriously? Can't I just eat WHATEVER I brought for lunch in peace?

Now, of course, I don't bother with lunch. I did have a coworker notice that I didn't snag a hamburger bun at the company BBQ. I had two burgers, and a sausage, and some sort of greenery stuff on my plate.

my only response to people now, when they whine about how they keep eating stuff that bothers them (amazing how many people will do this!) is "ever thought of not eating it?"

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I know. Best outcome would be to just eat the vegetarian.
    would that be a grass fed vegetarian ?
    or,
    a grain fed cafo veggy ?

Shop Now
    Something just weird...

So we just moved to northern GA, and the house has double-paned windows, but no screens.

We talked to the building manager about getting some screens put in, at least a few in the kitchen so we can get some ventilation, if necessary.

He looked like we had just asked him to paint the house bubblegum pink. "You want screens in the windows?"

"Yes." Ventilation, no bugs, fresh air, weather will be nice soon (at least compared to Florida).

He then launches into an extended explanation of the few weeks of ragweed season in the Spring, and how terrible it is, and so on.

Okay, and during those few weeks we can just keep the central A/C on and close the windows. What do people have against filling their house with fresh, crisp Fall air for at least a couple hours in the year?

He promised screens, sometime.