Page 715 of 900 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 8991

Thread: Funny CW moments page 715

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!
    My question is, what were they made of before? Do we want to know?

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    This is a picture of the ingredients for a "Weight watchers friendly cake" I saw on Pinterest.
    Attachment 12758
    Being British, living in the UK, most of those 'ingredients' are odd to begin with. Having translated them into their UK counterparts I just swallowed a little bit of sick.
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Had an induction today at my recently joined gym.
    My fitness kid instructor suggested I eat 6-8 small meals a day consisting of..............

Wholemeal bread
    Pasta
    Rice
    Potato
    Cut fat off all meats
    Don't eat too much protein.

Apart from the advice it's a canny gym like!
    What do you expect from mackemland????? And we'll hammer you ;-)
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The unspoken assumptions about vegetarianism in our culture are that

1. the decision to be a vegetarian is by default deserving of respect, in a way no other WOE is;
    2. vegetarians will be and are quite right to be offended if you were to eat meat in their presence;
    3. and so it is considered a sign of respect for the choices that a vegetarian has made to eat vegetarian when you are in the presence of vegetarian friends.

Not to do so would be considered disrepectful and poor etiquette in general. So the vegetarians in that instance felt entitled to enforce these rules, and their friend backed down rather than order that steak.
    THAT! They are the ethical ones, the environment-nature-animal friendly ones, the healthy ones, they feel sick at the mere smell of meat, they will never opt for 80/20%. Ever tried to feed a vegan his 20% steak ? We are the evil ones, who have to be ashamed of our food choices and keep our mouths shut in presence of any vegan/vegetarian. Its considered unethical to tell them that their choice is unhealthy while its perfectly ok for them to say the same of our food. "My food shits on your food!" thats what I want to tell them. But I am polite and keep quiet not to hurt them. Or maybe I should, the young girl next door who is a really nice person, with lots of compassion, she is ruining her health now for no good at all, although she might turn her enthusiasm towards better practices in animal farming or something along these lines?

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Same as we can assume all primals are eating only ethically raised, local animals and "approved" foods. I don't see any reason for anyone to criticize and judge someone else for trying to limit animal's suffering. If they are being obnoxious about it, that's on them and their own insecurity. Same goes for the hard core paleo prophets as well. There are plenty of other threads dissing other's WOE on less accepting websites. Let's not forget that Mark's family also sports a vegetarian and pescitarian.

Now let's get back to the face palming...

Myra is offline Junior Member
    In an effort to promote wellness, they recently removed the vending machines in our building at work and replaced them with a vendor that would give us healthy options. So what do we get? A larger selection of chips, candy bars, sodas, energy drinks, sandwiches, assorted crinkly packaging microwaveable crap, salads with chemical laden dressings jerky with a list of ingredients a mile long, and cereal. In all fairness, they did include 3 edible items -- fresh apples, oranges and bananas. Now I know why the wellness dept. has the highest percentage of morbidly obese people.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    What was in the vending machines before?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?
    No. I have never heard of eating locally in connection with veganism or vegetarianism.

However, I have been lectured by vegetarians and vegans about how healthy their diets are because they all eat fresh, natural food in a carefully planned diet, even though most vegetarians and vegans know no more about nutrition and eat no healthier than they did while eating the SAD including meat. Just now they buy their processed food at natural food stores.

Somehow when people stop eating meat they acquire a mantle of "nutrition conscious healthy eater" and bragging rights about it, without having to give a thought to the actual nutrition in the food they eat.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 08-31-2013 at 07:41 AM.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was a vegetarian for a really long time. Have/had vegetarian friends and never bitched about meat eaters and never cared what people ordered in a restaurant. I honestly never felt "superior" to anyone.

Maybe....primal peeps...pot meet kettle?

Somehow when people stop eating grains and sugar they acquire a mantle of "nutrition conscious healthy eater" and bragging rights about it, without having to give a thought to the actual nutrition in the food they eat.
    I mean, I see a lot of the same lecturing behavior here. A lot of vegetarians have done similar research into their diets and could produce similar science and "case studies" on health that don't include PETA literature. If someone lectures you on your diet, whether it's criticizing meat, grains or whatever, they are an asshole. It's pretty obvious to me by now that different diets work for different people. I have seen amazingly healthy vegetarians of all ages. I'm not going to tell an 85 year old spry healthy woman to eat meat or that she is wrong. I do know that a protein rich diet works much better for me, but for my friend with one kidney, it could be really bad.

If you have friends that don't eat meat and you don't want to eat meat around them, that is nice of you. Back in my veg days I really did not care. What annoyed me were the people who made a huge fucking production of it, like sticking food under my nose or letting me know my food is gross.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!