Page 714 of 924 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764814 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    That's true... when I go out to a restaurant, I get the molten lava cake. I have very little reaction to gluten so why not live a little? But I think eliminating them almost entirely is realistic. I never have grains aside from special occasions, and I don't miss them. All the meat makes up for it.
    One of my favorite desserts!
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Kind of funny:

I am a paramedic student and two things. We're at lunch and everyone is eating sandwiches and soda. Or buying packaged crap. Me, home grown eggs, with local hamburger, local cheese, salsa for breakfast, local greens, ground beef, roasted eggplant, cukes and home made salad dressing for lunch. Guess who's the only one wide awake?

Second, reading the book for the next session, guess what the food/dietary guidelines say you should eat to limit stress? "My plate" guidelines, of course.

:face palm:
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!

Bathroom in Super Supplements had a poster of a starvy person running, no muscle on their arms, and a motivational message. Like we should strive to look starvy.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!
    My question is, what were they made of before? Do we want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    This is a picture of the ingredients for a "Weight watchers friendly cake" I saw on Pinterest.
    Attachment 12758
    Being British, living in the UK, most of those 'ingredients' are odd to begin with. Having translated them into their UK counterparts I just swallowed a little bit of sick.
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Had an induction today at my recently joined gym.
    My fitness kid instructor suggested I eat 6-8 small meals a day consisting of..............

Wholemeal bread
    Pasta
    Rice
    Potato
    Cut fat off all meats
    Don't eat too much protein.

Apart from the advice it's a canny gym like!
    What do you expect from mackemland????? And we'll hammer you ;-)
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The unspoken assumptions about vegetarianism in our culture are that

1. the decision to be a vegetarian is by default deserving of respect, in a way no other WOE is;
    2. vegetarians will be and are quite right to be offended if you were to eat meat in their presence;
    3. and so it is considered a sign of respect for the choices that a vegetarian has made to eat vegetarian when you are in the presence of vegetarian friends.

Not to do so would be considered disrepectful and poor etiquette in general. So the vegetarians in that instance felt entitled to enforce these rules, and their friend backed down rather than order that steak.
    THAT! They are the ethical ones, the environment-nature-animal friendly ones, the healthy ones, they feel sick at the mere smell of meat, they will never opt for 80/20%. Ever tried to feed a vegan his 20% steak ? We are the evil ones, who have to be ashamed of our food choices and keep our mouths shut in presence of any vegan/vegetarian. Its considered unethical to tell them that their choice is unhealthy while its perfectly ok for them to say the same of our food. "My food shits on your food!" thats what I want to tell them. But I am polite and keep quiet not to hurt them. Or maybe I should, the young girl next door who is a really nice person, with lots of compassion, she is ruining her health now for no good at all, although she might turn her enthusiasm towards better practices in animal farming or something along these lines?

So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?

Shop Now
    Same as we can assume all primals are eating only ethically raised, local animals and "approved" foods. I don't see any reason for anyone to criticize and judge someone else for trying to limit animal's suffering. If they are being obnoxious about it, that's on them and their own insecurity. Same goes for the hard core paleo prophets as well. There are plenty of other threads dissing other's WOE on less accepting websites. Let's not forget that Mark's family also sports a vegetarian and pescitarian.

Now let's get back to the face palming...