Page 714 of 901 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764814 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 714

running_mum is offline Junior Member
    CW is a huge issue because it's so ingrained in people's brains and supported by 'health professionals'. No matter how successful your story is, people are not prepared to listen. They think you are crazy because you don't eat bread and say no to cupcakes!

It might be unthinkable for some to give up sugar and bread (or whatever else) but if they only believed that after the first few weeks of hard work, food won’t have control over them any more and this is the most absolute truth.

I used to be a sugar addict, carb lover. Always fighting with myself and getting miserable for my lack of self-control. I was sick and tired of failing. Doing really well (CW diet) during the week and blowing it on the weekends. It’s was a cycle. And even when I tried to ‘be good’ it was a battle with myself – it was not a natural thing for me to turn down food, especially sweet stuff.

I wish people would wake up. I am frustrated with the zombie like lifestyle people I love live but they are not willing to change. Everyone wants a ‘magic pill’ that will make them lose weight. The thing is, at the beginning, Primal Eating might be a bit overwhelming for some. I get it, it’s HARD to change old habits and especially if it goes against everything you believed your whole life.

But the benefits come so quickly, that’s it’s hard to believe how easy it is.

CW moments for me: Co-worker who is trying to eat better. She is really trying. We talk a lot about food, and carbs and etc. I am trying to slowly convince her to give up bread. She is starting to listen but quite often she calculates her ‘points’ – even though she is not doing WW. I keep quiet, leading by example and my results are the best testimony to my lifestyle.

And when I was talking to my sister this week, I was telling her I don’t want to become one of those people that judge other people’s choices on what they eat and I don’t want to be a food snob (turn down food people cook for me when I am invited to their house for a meal type of situation) – you deal with situations as they come. I also said: ‘I am not depriving myself at all and I am not that strict, so if I feel like eating something that is not primal, I will have it – but I never feel like having it! (90-10) She said: ‘It’s great… sometimes you just need a piece of bread, it keeps you full for longer’

When you think you are making progress…… head desk!!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think a big part of the problem is people view giving up grains and sugar like "I will never have pizza or cake again" and are like, oh I can never do that.

You don't have to "give up" anything for good. Oh yeah, cut way back. Make it occasional. But I think when you tell people they have to eliminate something forever, people know it is not realistic.

I think a good idea comes from the vegetarian movement- "Meatless Mondays". Take one day, eat no meat (OK, not us), but maybe encourage friends to try breadless/grainless days and meals. And maybe be honest and tell people that you can still have occasional pizza, beer and sweets. Very occasional.

I also am of the mindset, you should eat what you want. This whole thing of people judging the plates of others is so overdone.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Typical CW Story: My sister, who is a wonderful person and whom I love dearly, eats a fairly healthy diet as far as CW is concerned. Heavy on the whole grains and legumes (I used to eat this way too). She is in fairly good shape and looks great. She is always complaining of headaches and being tired (she will sleep an entire Saturday away) and constantly hungry. She eats all the time. I told her that maybe she should cut back on the grains, pastas and legumes. She said "but that's what I live on." I said, that's the point.

I'm still carrying extra weight, but I feel so much better than she does - I haven't had a headache in almost a year, and I don't have cravings anymore. Maybe once the weight is off completely, she'll be more open.

Oh well. We can only lead and encourage!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The unspoken assumptions about vegetarianism in our culture are that

1. the decision to be a vegetarian is by default deserving of respect, in a way no other WOE is;
    2. vegetarians will be and are quite right to be offended if you were to eat meat in their presence;
    3. and so it is considered a sign of respect for the choices that a vegetarian has made to eat vegetarian when you are in the presence of vegetarian friends.

Not to do so would be considered disrepectful and poor etiquette in general. So the vegetarians in that instance felt entitled to enforce these rules, and their friend backed down rather than order that steak.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My response to them would be "I am eating healthy, see? no bread and lots of meat and veg. " Then offer to discuss the relative nutritional value of their food to mine. No one ever takes me up on it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think a big part of the problem is people view giving up grains and sugar like "I will never have pizza or cake again" and are like, oh I can never do that.

You don't have to "give up" anything for good. Oh yeah, cut way back. Make it occasional. But I think when you tell people they have to eliminate something forever, people know it is not realistic.

I think a good idea comes from the vegetarian movement- "Meatless Mondays". Take one day, eat no meat (OK, not us), but maybe encourage friends to try breadless/grainless days and meals. And maybe be honest and tell people that you can still have occasional pizza, beer and sweets. Very occasional.

I also am of the mindset, you should eat what you want. This whole thing of people judging the plates of others is so overdone.
    That's true... when I go out to a restaurant, I get the molten lava cake. I have very little reaction to gluten so why not live a little? But I think eliminating them almost entirely is realistic. I never have grains aside from special occasions, and I don't miss them. All the meat makes up for it.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    That's true... when I go out to a restaurant, I get the molten lava cake. I have very little reaction to gluten so why not live a little? But I think eliminating them almost entirely is realistic. I never have grains aside from special occasions, and I don't miss them. All the meat makes up for it.
    One of my favorite desserts!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Kind of funny:

I am a paramedic student and two things. We're at lunch and everyone is eating sandwiches and soda. Or buying packaged crap. Me, home grown eggs, with local hamburger, local cheese, salsa for breakfast, local greens, ground beef, roasted eggplant, cukes and home made salad dressing for lunch. Guess who's the only one wide awake?

Second, reading the book for the next session, guess what the food/dietary guidelines say you should eat to limit stress? "My plate" guidelines, of course.

:face palm:
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

jodi29 is offline Member
    Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bathroom in Super Supplements had a poster of a starvy person running, no muscle on their arms, and a motivational message. Like we should strive to look starvy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html