Page 713 of 901 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 713

  1. #7121
    Twibble's Avatar
    Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Uh oh, humor police are here!
    Nah, just someone who's been told all her life to just eat what she got and shut up.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  2. #7122
    quikky's Avatar
    quikky is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Actually, that would be awesome!
    I know. Best outcome would be to just eat the vegetarian.

  3. #7123
    Kochin's Avatar
    Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    McDonald's are supposed to introduce a "healthy" breakfast option of some egg McMuffin or something along those lines, and basically it has egg whites instead of the whole egg. McDonald's is doing this to attract the healthier crowd. Ironic that they are offering a healthier version, which removed the healthiest component (egg yolk) of the otherwise unhealthy item.
    I dunno, with the quality of mickey-d's, the yolks are probably synthetically made of canola-oil or something...
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

  4. #7124
    Clymb's Avatar
    Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Well these are dear friends who I don't want to alienate from myself; they all every one chose the one vegy option and I knew (having eaten there a couple of years ago pre-primal) that it would be very clean and nutritious food. So I was happy to make that choice. I din't feel I was neglecting my health by eating roasted vegetables with a glass of red wine in a quality French restaurant, do you think I was? This week I have had a good steak every day, is that not enough to atone for my sins?

    I care deeply what my friends think and I make many efforts and sacrifices to humour them - see Mark's post today.

    I only told you all the story so you could wonder about my "funny CW moment".
    I didn't say it was an unhealthy option--mentally, you're being unhealthy. You're letting other people make one of the most basic life choices for you--telling you what to eat. If you can't even stand up for yourself enough to eat what you want, then what else can you stand for?? Do you let them tell you when you should sleep and piss and who you can have sex with too? Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's really ridiculous to not even eat what you want just because your friends criticized it. It's a very weak thing to do, and what you eat has nothing to do with them so it's not a sacrifice for them.
    Last edited by Clymb; 08-29-2013 at 04:19 PM.

  5. #7125
    Annieh's Avatar
    Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I didn't say it was an unhealthy option--mentally, you're being unhealthy. You're letting other people make one of the most basic life choices for you--telling you what to eat. If you can't even stand up for yourself enough to eat what you want, then what else can you stand for?? Do you let them tell you when you should sleep and piss and who you can have sex with too? Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's really ridiculous to not even eat what you want just because your friends criticized it. It's a very weak thing to do, and what you eat has nothing to do with them so it's not a sacrifice for them.
    Disagree. Stubbornness is not attractive but taking feelings of friends into account is a generous thing to do, whether or not they appreciate it. And Fifer still ate a healthy meal so lost nothing but can leave the restaurant with diet, friendships and self esteem intact. Worth it in my view. Even worth it if the meal had been non-primal - just put it down to 20%. This is not a religion.

  6. #7126
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Disagree. Stubbornness is not attractive but taking feelings of friends into account is a generous thing to do, whether or not they appreciate it. And Fifer still ate a healthy meal so lost nothing but can leave the restaurant with diet, friendships and self esteem intact. Worth it in my view. Even worth it if the meal had been non-primal - just put it down to 20%. This is not a religion.
    Yep.

    We have vegan friends that we are careful NOT to have indepth food discussions with, and when we have shared meals it's always fruit and vegetable platters with dips. If it was for myself I'd add various cheeses, salamis and smoked salmon to the mix, but out of respect for them I don't.

    Having said that, I *hate* to feel controlled, so in the 'restaurant with friends' example I would have absolutely ordered the steak. If a 'friend' chose to chastise me, I'd try to find a non-confrontational way to ask them if they were wanting to have a discussion about healthy food options, because I'd be happy to discuss that.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  7. #7127
    jodi29's Avatar
    jodi29 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    87
    Ah I miss seeing more funny moments! I have one to share:

    Was camping this past weekend and we had a barbecue lunch. I brought my own chicken dogs instead of eating the hot dogs everyone else did. I asked one of the girls in the group if she wanted one as I know she is watching her weight. She said no, those will upset my stomach but thanks. Then she proceeds to grab a huge piece of bread, processed deli meat and Miracle Whip from her cooler! Ick, ick and double ICK!

  8. #7128
    SteveO's Avatar
    SteveO is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texarkana TX
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Monty Python started off the same way....

    They were horrified that future comedians were classified as 'pythonesque', since their goal was to break all boundaries and be unclassifiable.
    That's how it works. You break the boundaries, and everyone's like, "Ooh, I want to be a boundary-breaker, too!"

    Remember the Dr. Pepper ad from the 70s? "Be original - drink Dr. Pepper!"

    And have you noticed that non-conformists have a dress code? ;-)

  9. #7129
    Clymb's Avatar
    Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Disagree. Stubbornness is not attractive but taking feelings of friends into account is a generous thing to do, whether or not they appreciate it. And Fifer still ate a healthy meal so lost nothing but can leave the restaurant with diet, friendships and self esteem intact. Worth it in my view. Even worth it if the meal had been non-primal - just put it down to 20%. This is not a religion.
    It's not even about being primal or not, that's totally missing the point. The point was that this person simply wanted a steak, he said his friends were all saying, "That's so unhealthy!", so he didn't order it. The point is that he forced himself to have something he didn't want to have just because his friends said his choice was unhealthy. He didn't have to argue or preach about it, he could've just ordered what he wanted. It doesn't matter if it's primal or not, it's the fact that he's letting other people control something so basic as what he puts in his mouth. I don't see how it's taking their feelings into account because it shouldn't have anything to do with them.

  10. #7130
    quikky's Avatar
    quikky is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,199
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    It's not even about being primal or not, that's totally missing the point. The point was that this person simply wanted a steak, he said his friends were all saying, "That's so unhealthy!", so he didn't order it. The point is that he forced himself to have something he didn't want to have just because his friends said his choice was unhealthy. He didn't have to argue or preach about it, he could've just ordered what he wanted. It doesn't matter if it's primal or not, it's the fact that he's letting other people control something so basic as what he puts in his mouth. I don't see how it's taking their feelings into account because it shouldn't have anything to do with them.
    I agree. Eat whatever you want. If your friends will not be friends with you if you act like yourself, then you need new friends. I'd order two steaks just to spite them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •