Page 712 of 841 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 8406

Thread: Funny CW moments page 712

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    My almost-MIL is eating gluten free bread and cookies, but eating other bread things (hot dog buns, pancakes) without any seeming conflict? This is super confusing to me.
    Unless the gluten free stuff was on sale, that's insane. I make gluten free pancakes when I have a yen for the them and the flour is definitely more expensive than real flour!

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Keeping the peace would be not arguing, you're letting them change what you actually consume. Eating what you want isn't starting a fight, that's just living your life! I would never do that. Lead by example, you don't have to preach to anyone. If they disapprove to the point where it starts fights, then you need to rethink your friends. I'm kind of mindblown by this lol
    this.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Saw something that sums up CW the other day:
    An overweight woman, probably under 50 (based on how she dressed and her daughter's age), but with the body and face of a 60-year-old, walking with a stick, asking about what the vegetarian options are in McDonald's.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

quikky is offline Senior Member
    McDonald's are supposed to introduce a "healthy" breakfast option of some egg McMuffin or something along those lines, and basically it has egg whites instead of the whole egg. McDonald's is doing this to attract the healthier crowd. Ironic that they are offering a healthier version, which removed the healthiest component (egg yolk) of the otherwise unhealthy item.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    A game I'm playing has me on a mission to craft pies. "Healthy flour is the best thing for building strength!"
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    You seriously ordered a different menu item just because your friends didn't approve??? This is your life and your health, why do you care what they say, especially when they're wrong??
    Well these are dear friends who I don't want to alienate from myself; they all every one chose the one vegy option and I knew (having eaten there a couple of years ago pre-primal) that it would be very clean and nutritious food. So I was happy to make that choice. I din't feel I was neglecting my health by eating roasted vegetables with a glass of red wine in a quality French restaurant, do you think I was? This week I have had a good steak every day, is that not enough to atone for my sins?

I care deeply what my friends think and I make many efforts and sacrifices to humour them - see Mark's post today.

I only told you all the story so you could wonder about my "funny CW moment".

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Well these are dear friends who I don't want to alienate from myself; they all every one chose the one vegy option and I knew (having eaten there a couple of years ago pre-primal) that it would be very clean and nutritious food. So I was happy to make that choice. I din't feel I was neglecting my health by eating roasted vegetables with a glass of red wine in a quality French restaurant, do you think I was? This week I have had a good steak every day, is that not enough to atone for my sins?

I care deeply what my friends think and I make many efforts and sacrifices to humour them - see Mark's post today.

I only told you all the story so you could wonder about my "funny CW moment".
    I think you should be able to eat what you want, just like your friends. Would it be okay if a group of primal eaters and a vegetarian went to a restaurant and the group criticized and coerced the vegetarian into ordering a steak?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I think you should be able to eat what you want, just like your friends. Would it be okay if a group of primal eaters and a vegetarian went to a restaurant and the group criticized and coerced the vegetarian into ordering a steak?
    Actually, that would be awesome!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Actually, that would be awesome!
    Until you do it to someone who has kidney problems. And the person refuses to go anywhere with you again.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Until you do it to someone who has kidney problems. And the person refuses to go anywhere with you again.
    Uh oh, humor police are here!