Page 711 of 880 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 711

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How is that a Weight Watchers cake? Wouldn't it have a zillion points per serving? I think that would instantly give me a headache.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I think it says 4 pts per serving. I did WW probably about 10 or more years ago, and I don't think I had more than like 25... So yeah, not exactly a good value.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

jodi29 is offline Member
    I was watching a weight loss TV show tonight and I couldn't wait to hear what the trainer would tell the person about her diet. Naturally, it was calorie focused. They were giving her ideas on what to eat and one of those options was low carb, "whole wheat enriched" tortillas. Ugh.

Then, her goal was to lose 60 pounds in three months. After three months, and "only" 24 pounds lost, there was obvious disappointment from the trainer on the "lack of good progress." Then, she was instructed to really increase cardio intensity. I would have been ecstatic if I saw that I had lost 24 pounds but nooo- the trainer basically squashed any excitement with the fact that she didn't meet the goal set for her.

This really brings back memories of when I had a trainer. So glad I don't have to listen to that advice anymore!

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I was staying with "healthy eating" friends, (homemade wholewheat bread, lentils, lots of local organic veggies, fresh green juices / smoothies with leaves and berries, very much into local unprocessed foods). I was trying to blend in and eating their delicious vegetable soup and lentil dahl etc. but trying to not have much of their delicious fresh baked bread. But they were squealing everytime I loaded up on butter. And one time out in a nice restaurant I made the mistake of muttering "mmm I fancy the steak" and they all shouted "no way! I thought you were into health eating!" So i relented and had the veggy option (very nice too, just tons of roasted veg in olive oil).

I did try to say how I felt that brown rice was not so good as white, and that butter was more healthy than the bread it was spread on (this last while eating 1/2 a thin slice of bread with more butter than bread on top) but they argued back too much for my weak ideas...

At least I could down a pile of buttery scrambled eggs and berries each morning without anyone commenting...

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Why would you not just have the steak if you were in a restaurant? That's the whole idea, everyone just has what they want.

Sod what others have or think

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I was staying with "healthy eating" friends, (homemade wholewheat bread, lentils, lots of local organic veggies, fresh green juices / smoothies with leaves and berries, very much into local unprocessed foods). I was trying to blend in and eating their delicious vegetable soup and lentil dahl etc. but trying to not have much of their delicious fresh baked bread. But they were squealing everytime I loaded up on butter. And one time out in a nice restaurant I made the mistake of muttering "mmm I fancy the steak" and they all shouted "no way! I thought you were into health eating!" So i relented and had the veggy option (very nice too, just tons of roasted veg in olive oil).

I did try to say how I felt that brown rice was not so good as white, and that butter was more healthy than the bread it was spread on (this last while eating 1/2 a thin slice of bread with more butter than bread on top) but they argued back too much for my weak ideas...

At least I could down a pile of buttery scrambled eggs and berries each morning without anyone commenting...
    You seriously ordered a different menu item just because your friends didn't approve??? This is your life and your health, why do you care what they say, especially when they're wrong??

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    You seriously ordered a different menu item just because your friends didn't approve??? This is your life and your health, why do you care what they say, especially when they're wrong??
    Yeah, but sometimes you just want to keep the peace. You get so sick of people disapproving over what you eat, in the end you'd do just about anything to be able to just eat your darn meal.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes you just want to keep the peace. You get so sick of people disapproving over what you eat, in the end you'd do just about anything to be able to just eat your darn meal.
    Keeping the peace would be not arguing, you're letting them change what you actually consume. Eating what you want isn't starting a fight, that's just living your life! I would never do that. Lead by example, you don't have to preach to anyone. If they disapprove to the point where it starts fights, then you need to rethink your friends. I'm kind of mindblown by this lol

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    My almost-MIL is eating gluten free bread and cookies, but eating other bread things (hot dog buns, pancakes) without any seeming conflict? This is super confusing to me.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    This might be more of an anti-bro lifting thing, but my college just started up again and I hit the weights Monday morning for some ATG squats.

Weightroom was packed. A bunch of dudes (like, a dozen at a time) hovered around the dumbbell racks. Meantime, there are three brand new, beautiful power racks on the other side of the room. In the hour or so that I was in, only myself and one other person used them. On one hand I thought "LOL Conventional Bro Curl Wisdom". But then I thought hey, I'm not gonna argue if the bro-curlers stay away from my racks.