Page 71 of 873 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 71

JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not funny, actually kind of sad.

Someone I know recently told me she is going on the 'gastric bypass diet' which means she is following the 6 week eating plan gastric bypass patients use after surgery. This means 6 weeks of whey protein or slim fast every 3 hours and lots of water. FOR SIX WEEKS. I asked her why and she said 'because I want to fit back into my skinny jeans by my birthday'. Apparently her DOCTOR told her to try this 'diet'. She also added that she is already vegan so this shouldn't be an issue with her weight dropping right off over the 6 weeks. ETA: her doctor gave her multi-v, appetite suppressant and something called Oxyelite Pro to take while on this 'diet. She also said a friend of hers did this and lost 50 pounds in 6 weeks.

I want to cry for her.
    Last edited by JanuaryEmber; 04-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
    Not funny, actually kind of sad.

Someone I know recently told me she is going on the 'gastric bypass diet' which means she is following the 6 week eating plan gastric bypass patients use after surgery. This means 6 weeks of whey protein or slim fast every 3 hours and lots of water. FOR SIX WEEKS. I asked her why and she said 'because I want to fit back into my skinny jeans by my birthday'. Apparently her DOCTOR told her to try this 'diet'. She also added that she is already vegan so this shouldn't be an issue with her weight dropping right off over the 6 weeks. ETA: her doctor gave her multi-v, appetite suppressant and something called Oxyelite Pro to take while on this 'diet. She also said a friend of hers did this and lost 50 pounds in 6 weeks.

I want to cry for her.
    God, that's sad on several levels. Don't vegans eat that way because they believe it to be healthy and natural? What the hell is natural about synthetic milkshakes and appetite suppressants? I want to cry for her too, and I want to bitch-slap her idiot doctor!

LadyVeggie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    (therefore I AM against veganism as portrayed on the Oprah show with mass quantities of highly processed fake foods).
    I SAW THAT SHOW! Again, I used to be a vegetarian and I really feel like I'm now finally doing my body RIGHT. There is a way to be ethical and still eat animals. It wasn't good for me (or the planet) to eat these overly packaged and processed foods that look like meat shaped mush. It wasn't real food, and the bodies of people who eat it reflect their lack of nutrition. I am so excited to be slowly progressing towards actually having a shape again! THANK YOU REAL FOOD!

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    . People look at me like I'm an idiot(primarily the women) yet the men drool over my lunches. Fairly ironic.
    lol ahhh... the females at your work tribe sense a threat from you. good job.
    and the males wanna come over to your cave for dinner.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I gave out the recipe for my egg muffins at work after a coworker confided in me about using "bug guts muffins" (akin to zucchini bread muffins) to get her kids to eat veggies. Her response? "I'll use egg white mix and turkey bacon, but Thanks! I'll definitely try them." Uhhh.... there's a reason they are the way they are....
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I gave out the recipe for my egg muffins at work after a coworker confided in me about using "bug guts muffins" (akin to zucchini bread muffins) to get her kids to eat veggies. Her response? "I'll use egg white mix and turkey bacon, but Thanks! I'll definitely try them." Uhhh.... there's a reason they are the way they are....
    Sigh .. I still eat turkey bacon even though it's not as good as pork bacon .. *cause I don't eat pork* but I do want to get my hands on some beef bacon that would be soo much better then the turkey bacon .. * I fatten it up a bit by frying it in coconut oil* but still potato starchy lol
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

I don't mind if people tinker with my recipes I really don't. It's just when they take an already perfectly healthy recipe and CW healthify it that it makes me twitch. Oh well, to each their own.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    *cause I don't eat pork*
    O.o say again. I am confused.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    O.o say again. I am confused.
    I don't like Pork .. lol
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

I don't like pork either. Bacon is in it's own category.
    My Primal Battle Tome