Page 707 of 879 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717757807 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 707

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Not sure the concern.... the "blood thinning" effect of a baby aspirin should have no adverse effects on a healthy person with no heart problems..... The term "blood thinning" is a mis-nomer. Aspirin doesn't make your blood thin. It inhibits platelets clotting action, so it "thins" the blood, meaning your blood doesn't clot as fast. The viscosity of the fluid doesn't change... drinking a crap ton of water has more actual blood "thinning" effect than aspirin.
    My Dad, a doctor, took aspirin... until he died of congestive heart failure at 66. Aspirin, like statins, doesn't cure the underlying problem any more than removing every other house in a neighborhood would stop crime. Have to cure the problem, not the symptom. America is such a symptom hypochondriac.

It's like in the new version of Star Trek, where Bones keeps running around "You got [x symptom] I got something for that!" That IS America at it's worst!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxidd1979 View Post
    Yeah, growing but slowly. Lots of Crossfit gym are praising paleo/primal tho. Mine does.
    Can't seem to find alot of grassfed beef or freerang chicken in the west island. Managed to find freerang eggs at twice the price than regular.
    I'm thinking of ordering 1/4 of a cow from a farmer. Any tips where you shop?
    I shop for meat in Verdun, at Mc Cormack Meats on d'leglise. For eggs I go to Jean Talon market, I get free range organic eggs 60 for 15$. msg me if you want to go to the market, I will happily introduce you to La Capitane.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    preventative blood thinner

people get inundated with scare commercials 'and suddenly i was having a heart attack, if i hadn't been taking baby acetaminophen i'd be dead at age 22'
    Aspirin and acetaminophen are completely different. When doctors advise aspirin they are asking for a very small dose and it is an anti-inflammatory.

Acetaminophen works for pain but is not helpful for cardiac issues.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    Aspirin and acetaminophen are completely different. When doctors advise aspirin they are asking for a very small dose and it is an anti-inflammatory.

Acetaminophen works for pain but is not helpful for cardiac issues.
    She was being facetious/poking fun, bro.

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I shop for meat in Verdun, at Mc Cormack Meats on d'leglise. For eggs I go to Jean Talon market, I get free range organic eggs 60 for 15$. msg me if you want to go to the market, I will happily introduce you to La Capitane.
    On of my colleague just told me about that guy this morning! Thanks for the tip! 60 for 15$ is really a good price.
    Max ever : 240lbs (early 2011)
    SW : 224lbs (2013-08-12)
    CW : 216lbs (2013-08-19)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    This isn't really paleo vs. CW, but at Starbucks this morning, this girl went on a really loud rant about "iced, I want iced, it's 100 outside. Nobody should be ALLOWED to get hot coffee today!"

Um... First of all, it's in the 70's (but humid and, truthfully, kinda gross), second of all... Hot drinks on a hot day actually help your body regulate temperature...

She was so adamant about it, I was almost afraid she'd knock my (hot) americano out of my hand as I passed by. Lol.

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    My friend: "Man, I don't know how you eat like that. A meal feels empty without a side of bread."
    Me: "That's how I feel about vegetables."
    Friend: "You're weird."

Also...has anybody else seen that terrible General Mills commercial with the family grocery shopping? It talks up the "health" aspects of their cereal and ends with something along the lines of "That's right. We're getting Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That's how nutrition is done, people. Boom!

I mean, I don't think you have to be primal to know that Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch aren't good for you.....

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    She was being facetious/poking fun, bro.
    Okay but for lurkers who didn't know, see post.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    stop trying to push me into the box of conformity!

let me express myself!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    stop trying to push me into the box of conformity!

let me express myself!
    Monty Python started off the same way....

They were horrified that future comedians were classified as 'pythonesque', since their goal was to break all boundaries and be unclassifiable.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right