Page 706 of 879 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716756806 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 706

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just makes me sad that people think they are making good choices by buying frozen pasta marketed as "healthy," and it's really not doing them any good.
    And they taste like shit on top of everything else.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Today at work we were discussing high cholesterol. I had very high (297) cholesterol in my CW days and was put on zocor. I started primal two years ago and took myself off zocor (I've never told my doc that, I just stopped taking it) and now my cholesterol is around 215. One of my coworkers said once you start taking cholesterol meds you can never stop, it will do more harm than good. Another one piped in and said a study showed that if somebody quit taking the meds, cleaned up their diet and exercised regularly, they actually had a higher chance of heart attack than the guy who stayed on the meds. I told these guys I'd like to see the study, and the sample population used, but nobody could provide anything (and I didn't feel like looking, it sounded stupid anyway). If there's any truth to it at all, it just shows how harmful that medication really is to our bodies. I also told them we'll see what happens to me in a few more years.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    The money the pharmaceutical field is paying to lobby congress is evidently paying off

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I know someone who takes 1 baby aspirin per day (he's in his 50s) because it's apparently recommended to help against heart problems (?!?!?)
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    In what world can cool whip be considered good for you? My mom brings her signature desert to the family bbq last night and it is cool whip, jello powder, fruit bits and extra sugar. I told her I cant/shouldn't/wont eat it and she knows I wont but since it was lactose free she thought it was ok.

Read the damn ingredients woman! What part of it is food? Arrggghhh then she gets pissed at me for insulting her food. 78 years old, cant walk, neither of them as their legs and ankles are so swollen and arthritic, they have both had cancer multiple times and are decrepifying before our eyes.

I hate having to spend time with them, I always end up with a bad case of the angries and cant sleep after and and and arghhhhh.

She really thinks it is good for you since Kraft would not sell it if it wasn't. I have been eating this way all my life she says.. yeah and look at you now. The rinsed out the good sauerkraut I brought, and then cooked it since it wasn't pasteurized???? I had no idea they were cooking it, I was outside with the kids. Then I get weird comments about where I found the lousy sauerkraut?

aaarrrrgghhhhh!
    OMG! I think I laughed through that whole post. Not at your angst of course, just at the thought of someone bringing a Cool Whip dessert having the unmitigated gall to condemn the good sauerkraut.

Kraft used to be a subsidiary of Philip Morrris (Marlboro), so yes of course they only produce healthful foods.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Paleo is growing but in Montreal what I see is very few people have even heard of the concept, why are we not out on the street shouting our truth from the rooftops?
    Yeah, growing but slowly. Lots of Crossfit gym are praising paleo/primal tho. Mine does.
    Can't seem to find alot of grassfed beef or freerang chicken in the west island. Managed to find freerang eggs at twice the price than regular.
    I'm thinking of ordering 1/4 of a cow from a farmer. Any tips where you shop?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I know someone who takes 1 baby aspirin per day (he's in his 50s) because it's apparently recommended to help against heart problems (?!?!?)
    blood thinner
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    blood thinner
    But what about all those people with regular blood thickness that don't have heart problems?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    preventative blood thinner

people get inundated with scare commercials 'and suddenly i was having a heart attack, if i hadn't been taking baby acetaminophen i'd be dead at age 22'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    But what about all those people with regular blood thickness that don't have heart problems?
    Not sure the concern.... the "blood thinning" effect of a baby aspirin should have no adverse effects on a healthy person with no heart problems..... The term "blood thinning" is a mis-nomer. Aspirin doesn't make your blood thin. It inhibits platelets clotting action, so it "thins" the blood, meaning your blood doesn't clot as fast. The viscosity of the fluid doesn't change... drinking a crap ton of water has more actual blood "thinning" effect than aspirin.