Page 705 of 901 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 705

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I was visiting my parents today when my dad came in with a big bag of what he called "goodies" from the Mrs. Bairds day old bakery store.

Me: Daddy I thought momma said your doctor told you to go off grains [several months ago, because of diverticulitis]

Him: Well they did but then I had a colonoscopy they said I didn't have diverticulitis since they had removed my colon in that surgery.

My Mom: (excitedly) so we went back!

I then watched them have a lunch of whole wheat (it must be healthy they think) English muffins toasted in margarine, smeared with honey and peanut butter (fresh ground at least) and washed down with skim milk. Ugh. Then after that my dad opened a little packet of snicker doodle mini muffins. 😒🍞 whatever.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    This A.M. at the store, horribly obese woman with 400 ish boxed pasta dinners and must have been 50 L of diet Pepsi on a motorized wheelchair. Clearly affluent and clearly well educated from her conversation with her husband next to her. I so wanted to grab them and beg them to change what they were eating.

Why cant I grab people and make them understand? Why do I want to? I am not a Christian, none of that "my brother's keeper" thing, people's orlog or fate is their own to forge but it kills me to see this.

Paleo is growing but in Montreal what I see is very few people have even heard of the concept, why are we not out on the street shouting our truth from the rooftops?
    I also see people in supermarkets with a trolley full of 'healthy' goods - processed boxed up foods that are low fat, high fibre, etc, and its true those people NEVER look healthy, most of them look puffy, pale and bloated, if not actually overweight. They are clearly undernourished. Funny thing is I probably was one of those people 2 years ago. I think the best you can do is walk past them with your fresh foods, smile and hope they take note - maybe some of them will.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Was out doing all manner of sprints on the football field by my place early this morning (shirtless, barefoot, of course), and a hefty lady came out and walked 5 or 6 laps around the track at a slow pace. And instead of thinking "Ugh, look at that heavy lady not even pushing herself physically!" I thought, "Hey, look at that lady getting her slow moving in first thing in the morning. Way to go!"
    LOL, and probably since she saw a nice, hot, shirtless guy working out, she'll be back. A lot. Fit people who aren't assholes are great motivation to work out.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Was out doing all manner of sprints on the football field by my place early this morning (shirtless, barefoot, of course), and a hefty lady came out and walked 5 or 6 laps around the track at a slow pace. And instead of thinking "Ugh, look at that heavy lady not even pushing herself physically!" I thought, "Hey, look at that lady getting her slow moving in first thing in the morning. Way to go!"
    Love!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Reverse CW story:
    I'm at the in-laws farm. Used to be a dairy farm, now has been shifted to sheep-cheese production. No one is primal or paleo, but they all eat pretty traditionally. This week a bunch of people are coming and going, and bringing food to help out.

Today my mother-in-law opened the fridge. "Who bought the fat-free cottage cheese?!?" she exclaims. "Uggghhh! I guess we can feed it to the pigs."

My wife starts laughing at her comment, then grabs it and starts reading the label. "No, we don't want to give this to the pigs. Propylene glycol isn't anything we want anything to eat."

It was later determined that someone must have mistakenly grabbed the fat-free cottage cheese at the store, rather than the full-fat kind.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Reverse CW story:
    I'm at the in-laws farm. Used to be a dairy farm, now has been shifted to sheep-cheese production. No one is primal or paleo, but they all eat pretty traditionally. This week a bunch of people are coming and going, and bringing food to help out.

Today my mother-in-law opened the fridge. "Who bought the fat-free cottage cheese?!?" she exclaims. "Uggghhh! I guess we can feed it to the pigs."

My wife starts laughing at her comment, then grabs it and starts reading the label. "No, we don't want to give this to the pigs. Propylene glycol isn't anything we want anything to eat."

It was later determined that someone must have mistakenly grabbed the fat-free cottage cheese at the store, rather than the full-fat kind.
    cool story

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    In what world can cool whip be considered good for you? My mom brings her signature desert to the family bbq last night and it is cool whip, jello powder, fruit bits and extra sugar. I told her I cant/shouldn't/wont eat it and she knows I wont but since it was lactose free she thought it was ok.

Read the damn ingredients woman! What part of it is food? Arrggghhh then she gets pissed at me for insulting her food. 78 years old, cant walk, neither of them as their legs and ankles are so swollen and arthritic, they have both had cancer multiple times and are decrepifying before our eyes.

I hate having to spend time with them, I always end up with a bad case of the angries and cant sleep after and and and arghhhhh.

She really thinks it is good for you since Kraft would not sell it if it wasn't. I have been eating this way all my life she says.. yeah and look at you now. The rinsed out the good sauerkraut I brought, and then cooked it since it wasn't pasteurized???? I had no idea they were cooking it, I was outside with the kids. Then I get weird comments about where I found the lousy sauerkraut?

aaarrrrgghhhhh!
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I feel like people just don't want to make the effort. I'm sure that couple knows they eat like crap, yet are unwilling to make alternative options. I know a TON of people fully aware of primal and paleo, but unwilling to change bad habits.

I have seen a HUGE push to promote fruits and vegetables as a major part of our diets (whole grains and fat arguments aside), yet people STILL fill their carts with junk and skip the produce aisle.
    A lot of people have made the effort to start moving from SAD to CW by eating more whole grains (same amount of baked goods, pasta, and crackers, but labeled "contains whole wheat") and less meat, and find it unsustainably less satisfying than what they were doing before. They never make it to the produce section.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    that could've been me 5 months ago- i hope it pays off for her too. its really hard starting when youre fat and unfit-its nice to realise some people think like you
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 08-19-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was at the grocery store checkout, waiting impatiently behind this lady because I was only there to buy one thing. She was purchasing literally 50 frozen Lean Cuisines, I watched the checker scan them one by one and lost count. She was also probably somewhere at the cusp between overweight and obese. Stocking up on a week's worth of 300 calorie meals. Just makes me sad that people think they are making good choices by buying frozen pasta marketed as "healthy," and it's really not doing them any good.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.