Page 703 of 884 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705713753803 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 8834

Thread: Funny CW moments page 703

fcby9 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was browsing the Container Store's website just now, and under the "College" section there listed some tips on how to survive early morning classes. One of the tips:

Don’t Skip Breakfast (and I'm thinking, "Oh my god, not eating as soon as you wake up, THE HORROR...")
    Caffeinated drinks can help, but the best way to maintain your energy level is by fueling up with a quick cereal bar, yogurt or banana. Even a cold slice of pizza will help get you going and is far better than nothing. Best of all, these foods can be eaten on the go!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! "Even a cold slice of pizza...is far better than nothing"?! My jaw literally dropped. Well, they did get one thing right -- it will send the person "going," i.e., to the bathroom. If I were to resort to such CW-laced antics I'd be keeling over the toilet in pain.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Today at work,
    co-worker: Is it time for lunch yet? I'm starving
    me: didn't you have something to eat?
    co-worker: yeah that granola bar
    me: oh......

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    A couple of times I've had people at my deck as we work through various problems, and working right through lunch while they get hungry is kinda funny.

My somewhat disingenuous response: Food is for the weak.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    My Aunt went to the nursing home after my Uncle died. She had severe Alzheimers and it killed me to see my formerly College/high school English professor brought so low.

Knowing that it was preventable: PressTV - High blood sugar levels raise Alzheimer's risk

She had a bowl of home made oatmeal almost every day of her life.

It makes me weep.

I tell people that ("skinny fat") some people react to sugar differently than others. I ask them "What are the symptoms of Arsenic poisoning? (I'm an EMT)" Then I tell them that the reactions to ARsenic, like the reactions to sugar differ in people because people all react differently. Hope that this will change people's minds (no pun intended). Now, if I could just show people that the simple starch in bread is the same as the sugar in soda...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Gracious acceptance of baked goods fail.

A nice old man client brought cookies including gingerbread men and came around to our desks and I had to take one. I took the gingerbread man because it was untempting and can go feed my husband or in the trash later. I said "Thanks, I love to eat men".

So very awkward.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Gracious acceptance of baked goods fail.

A nice old man client brought cookies including gingerbread men and came around to our desks and I had to take one. I took the gingerbread man because it was untempting and can go feed my husband or in the trash later. I said "Thanks, I love to eat men".

So very awkward.
    Probably made his day. Did he respond with "No, not the gum drop buttons!"

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beargen View Post
    Him: So you don't have any carbs?!
    Me: No I do have carbs, but I get them from things like vegetables-
    Him: You can't get nearly enough carbs from that!
    I HATE this conversation, I have had a similar one with so many people, usually cause they *HAVE* to know why I wont go to some fast food joint whith them or something. I tell them I don't eat proccessed carbs like bread or cereal but I do eat fruit, vegtables, and sometimes potatoes. They're always like "ERMAGERD! Where do you get your nutrients? You need more carbs, it should be the basis of your diet!" (facepalm) Because the bread on a McD's burger really makes it better for you. Also, like you I ususally stay under a 100 but I don't sweat it if I go over. For some reason, thats not enough to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu. View Post
    When my brother sees me making my first meal at 1PM

Me: Can you make the phone call? You guys have already eaten like three times today and I haven’t eaten yet.
    Him: That’s bad. It’s not good to eat breakfast so late.

I had this conversation with my sister just the other day too. It went something like this;
    Me: I often dont eat breakfast, and somtimes if Im busy enough I wont even eat lunch, and I feel great.
    Sis: That is so unhealthy! You are starving yourself which will cause you to overeat at your next meal, which will make you put on more weight. Also, if you dont eat you wont have any energy to run on!
    Me: I have plenty of energy, thats what fat stores are for. I just said I felt great and have plenty of energy and also I wasn't making a point to not eat breakfast; I simply was not hungry. Why should I force myself to eat if I am not hungery?

My sis really had nothing to say to that. Also, Im a size 2-4 jeans, and I just told her that this has been routine for me since going primal, does it look like I binge at my next meal and get fat? Uggh...

One last thing, even though it wasn't really a moment, more of an ongoing annoyance; My soon-to-be inlaws think they've got it all figured out; they eat low fat, high carb (always whole grain). My S.O. always ate like this while he lived with them obviously and he had horrible acne, was underweight, and stuggled to make any gains in weightlifting. Soon as we switched to primal they told us we we're killing ourselves, even though Kyles acne cleared up and he started making gains like crazy when he lifts. Same goes for me *and* I lost 40ish pounds. This is the saddest part; she has horrible osteoporosis, passes out (litterally!) if she doesn't eat every three hours because of her horrible blood sugar crashes (docs solution; eat more often ) and even though both of them hike up a huge hill for 2hrs every morning, I can only describe them as skinny-fat, right around the middle, in a way Im pretty sure isn't healthy and indicates high cortisol levels due to all the cardio. He thinks that because he can climb that huge hill he is way healthier than anyone, including Kyle, and often makes jabs at him and me about how we cant walk up that hill as fast as he can. I've (sadly and embarrassingly) lost my patience a couple of times and asked him to squat 25+ pounds more than he weighs 25x's and then we can talk and they still make comments like Kyle does this to play along, and maybe it works for me but I'm a special little snowflake, Kyle is normal and should go back to eating like them because they're doing so well . Honestly, Im so frustrated by this sometimes its hard to be happy to stay at their place in Hawaii every summer, but my S.O. cant bear to not see them for a few weeks every year so off we go...I love him so I have to suck it up and try my hardest not to explode at them... Wow, I really had to vent that. Sorry
    Last edited by eig; 08-14-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: grammar
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    I had this conversation with my sister just the other day too. It went something like this;
    Me: I often dont eat breakfast, and somtimes if Im busy enough I wont even eat lunch, and I feel great.
    Sis: That is so unhealthy! You are starving yourself which will cause you to overeat at your next meal, which will make you put on more weight. Also, if you dont eat you wont have any energy to run on!
    Me: I have plenty of energy, thats what fat stores are for. I just said I felt great and have plenty of energy and also I wasn't making a point to not eat breakfast; I simply was not hungry. Why should I force myself to eat if I am not hungry?
    People love saying that you are messing yourself up bad by not eating breakfast Happened to me the other week too. My boot camp instructor commented how I am really leaning out. He's been struggling to drop the last few pounds off himself so wanted to know what I've been doing differently. Told him less cardio type stuff and more heavy weight lifting, and also, not eating until after my workout or until 2ish each day. His response was "You shouldn't skip breakfast, that's the worst thing you can do for yourself! Going to wreck your metabolism. And working out fasted not a good idea either! " My response back "Working great for me with no problems." Thought it was funny that he commented on my results, wanted advice on how to do it himself, and soon as I told him it was BAD advice.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Thought it was funny that he commented on my results, wanted advice on how to do it himself, and soon as I told him it was BAD advice.
    LOL EXACTLY! Doesn't make any sense.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Jeri is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was at my mothers the other day, my sister asked her before we ate if she had any butter,, mom states it is already on the table. What was there was country crock. I told her that wasn't butter, she states that is all she buys because the butter causes her blood sugar to rise, I told her it wasn't the butter, it was the biscuits or cornbread she was putting it on. She states fat causes blood glucose to rise and I got so frustrated after a while until I yelled it is not the fat but the carbs she is eating. The worst part is my mother bought The Primal Blueprint book but she ahs not even opened it to read it. She makes me want to bang my head repeatedly on the table.