Page 702 of 877 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 702

Beargen is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    I've never heard of an Oreo 'smoothie' - was there no ice cream?
    Nope. Well at least not this version. A coffee shop where I live just started making them this summer and they are one of the sweetest things I have ever had. Not sure what else they put in it.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    "You know, if you're trying to lose weight, you shouldn't eat apples at night because they turn into sugar in your body."

And then, at physical therapy, one of the overweight patients on the treadmill, "I need to burn the extra calories I didn't get on Monday. Just ten more calories, ten more *runs faster* Yes! Got them."

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    "Just ten more calories, ten more *runs faster* Yes! Got them."
    This is where I facepalmed in my mind. It's just going to take time and more voices to educate everyone else.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    OK! The first one would be CW, or vegetarianism anyway. My sister and her family are here to stay with us and I always ask what the stuff they're eating is made of, on the off chance that I can eat it. Today she was feeding her son something that looked like a sausage. I wasn't even going to ask because I knew but she brought it up first. The conversation went something like this.

Her: It's soy, you don't want it.

Me: I'd guessed. Did you know soy started as an industrial byproduct?

Her: Did you know that meat started as a baby cow?

Me: Yes. That's why I love it so much.

And another exchange that was more congenial...

Me: *looking at the ingredients on a bottle of Coffee Mate* Hydrogenated canola oil... ugh, trans fats...

Her: I know! It's dads, I don't know why he won't bring skim milk camping. We should just throw it out.

Me: ...We should! *tosses it in the trash* If he asks where it is we don't know.

Her: Sure thing.

We're on the same page about trans fats. XD

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    Not completely a CW moment, but definitely a Primal win. Getting an ultrasound done today (for various reasons), Technician: "No wonder you said you can feel everything in there. You are skinnier than just about every person I see come through."

Me: "Well I lost about thirty pounds two years ago."

Technician: "Oh? How? Exercising your brains out?"

Me: "Nope. Eating well."

Technician: "Even better!" Good medical pros know that abs are made in the kitchen.
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

tiramisu. is offline Junior Member

Ya... because the bloating is caused by the 4oz of meat you ate and not the basket of bread and bowl of pasta, or the 20 teaspoons of salt in a single meal.

lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Take it from a recovering binge eater - you can eat an ENTIRE PINEAPPLE and no meat at all, and the pineapple can *make* you bloated. (Yes, it has enzymes, yes, enzymes are important, no, you shouldn't eat a whole pineapple, no, pineapples aren't magic.)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-08-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid, I blew out my ankle. To help with the swelling, the doctor suggested pineapple juice. I drank a lot of canned pineapple juice, none of which had any active enzyme in it after processing.

Though it's not like we had fresh, ripe pinapples available back then.

tiramisu. is offline Junior Member
    When my brother sees me making my first meal at 1PM

Me: Can you make the phone call? You guys have already eaten like three times today and I haven’t eaten yet.
    Him: That’s bad. It’s not good to eat breakfast so late.
    Me: Why is it bad?
    Him: Because eating later stores more cholesterol.
    Me: How does it store more cholesterol?
    Him: I don’t know. But I read it. I read it in an article.
    Me: So you think that the cholesterol your liver secretes is the same cholesterol that you eat?
    Him: [no answer]
    Me: So, why is cholesterol a bad thing?
    Him: It’s bad for your heart, it clogs your arteries. It’s important to eat breakfast early so that you have energy, otherwise your body won’t have any energy to do what it needs to do.
    Me: So then what’s the point of glycogen being stored and body fat being stored? What’s the point of those energy reserves if your body can’t use it for energy when you don’t eat breakfast in the morning. [burst out laughing]

Him: [dumbfounded look on his face] Uhhhh…

byounghusband is offline Junior Member
    All Right!! I have read this WHOLE thread.... What a Hoot!! Thanks for all the laughs and great info on being Primal. I think I have learned as much on this thread as I did reading a lot of the beginner's articles in this forum.

I am truly inspired by all of you and I am seeing results in the past 2-1/2 weeks.

Thanks You all!! And Grok on!!