Page 701 of 840 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 701

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Warmbear, that's just sad because 30 is not old. The funny thing, as decadent as it sounds, you omelet was probably not even half the calories of her breakfast. I know we don't love CICO around here, but a couple strips of bacon are maybe a 150-200 calories, probably the same as a piece of buttered toast.
    This has been the biggest thing I've learned since starting to transition to primal. A couple eggs even with butter beats all the sugary syrupy breakfast stuff hands down from a calorie counting perspective!

Oh! I also remember I was going to post some crazy Reece's peanut butter cup with cookies in them (Oreos, etc) that I saw the other day at the store but I don't see any way to post a pict from my phone.
    Last edited by lea; 08-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Warmbear, this makes me sad because it reminds me of my sister. She used to smoking hot, but now she has a boyfriend who's very unathletic and I swear they feed on each other. I used to be the fat sister in the family. I'm afraid that's about to change. And she's about 30 too, I think. I'm 35.

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptilol View Post
    This event happens every year.... At Thanksgiving time I got to eat at someone else's house. They set out a yellow stick of mystery. I ask if it's butter or margarine. I get the same answer, "We normally use margarine but since it's Thanksgiving I want to use real butter since it tastes better. Since we only use it for holidays I hope it won't be too bad in the long run."

I'm happy with that but then someone else replies, "Imagine that whole stick clogging up your arteries just for the holidays. How is that a nice holiday treat? Heart attacks for the holidays!" Then they go into a whole lecture about cholesterol and sat fats and everyone in the house is overweight and on statins. And they chastise their mother for bringing in real butter for the holidays. All the cakes and pies and junk food are fine. But she should know better than to buy butter instead of margarine!

And someone else I know will ask the same question at restaurants: Butter or margarine? Then proceeds to load up her food with it if it's margarine and not use it at all if it's butter. (Or very sparingly...)

I don't mention my opinion on the matter. Any time in the past I've ever mentioned it, I get angry responses. So I don't go into it. lol

I do mention that margarine and butter have about the same calories, so using margarine shouldn't mean you can just pile it up high on everything like it suddenly doesn't count. The response is, "Yeah, but margarine's calories are from vegetables so they count as less."
    Next time, just pick up the stick of butter and chow down on it.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    I seriously need this on a t-shirt...

Beargen is offline Junior Member
    I'm still really new to Primal (about a month in now) but I had a hilarious yet frustrating conversation with a friend this weekend about my choices. Here are some of the highlights:

"I thought you were eating healthier, why'd you get the one with more fat?" (he says this as he's drinking a large oreo/coffee smoothie on his "cheat day")
    "So you're doing atkins? People have died on atkins!" (still drinking that smoothie)
    "You're going to have a stroke or heart attack because you're eating more fat!" (his reply to me saying that bacon is good for you, while he is still drinking that smoothie that is pretty much liquid sugar)

Him: So you don't have any carbs?!
    Me: No I do have carbs, but I get them from things like vegetables-
    Him: You can't get nearly enough carbs from that!
    Me: Well i watch how much I take in and I get between 50-100 grams a day-
    Him: Dude, that seriously unhealthy!
    Me: Well, I've been doing this for almost a month now and I feel way better, I have more energy, some health issues have been resolving, and I've lost about 15 pounds and two pant sizes.
    Him: *long pause* Well man, I know what you're doing isn't right, I just hope it doesn't mess you up (still drinking that dang smoothie).

I decided to stop talking then. He's very stubborn, and thinks he knows better than everyone because he has a friend who's a personal trainer, who has him working out 4-6 days a week on isolation exercises. It's just frustrating when you have definite results that get blatantly ignored because you don't have a PhD in Conventional Wisdom

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thought y'all would enjoy this conversation, gives you hope for the future. My 15 year old daughter was at scout camp last week, and reported the following:

Physical Fitness instructor: Milk is bad for you. It has all these hormones...
    Other kid (NOT mine, so there were at least two knowledgeable kids in there): Isn't that like saying that vegetables are bad for you because of the pesticides? I get milk from cows that aren't fed tons of hormones.
    Instructor: Oh, that's great if you can get it...

Later, in another class...
    Climbing instructor to Phys Fit instructor: Oh, you should try the paleo diet; grains are really bad for you..
    Phys Fitn instructor: Tell me more!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I would not tolerate being lectured on any aspect of health or nutrition by someone who was drinking an oreo smoothie.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    I would not tolerate being lectured on any aspect of health or nutrition by someone who was drinking an oreo smoothie.
    a smoothie made from a biscuit?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Beargen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    a smoothie made from a biscuit?
    It's pretty much just the icing with the cookie blended in.

I had one right before I went primal, I'm pretty sure it gave me cavities.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Beargen View Post
    It's pretty much just the icing with the cookie blended in.

I had one right before I went primal, I'm pretty sure it gave me cavities.
    I've never heard of an Oreo 'smoothie' - was there no ice cream? (Ok now I see coffee too but still sounds weird)