Page 700 of 888 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 8875

Thread: Funny CW moments page 700

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've done a little bit of research on boxing this summer, just to set up a 'boxercise' sort of HIIT workout to do in my basement. I'm not planning on any formal training.. just the basics so I can somewhat understand what I'm doing. Long story short, one really helpful blog site had, in the suggested articles, the "Common Sense Boxing Diet."

Common Sense Boxing Diet

Cliffnotes:
    1. ZOMG starvation mode if you wait too long between meals. But um, yeah, empty stomach cardio is just fine because it helps you burn fat.
    2. Don't eat a lot late at night.
    3. Sat fats are bad: trim the fat from your meat, and use olive oil/canola oil over coconut oil/butter.

I'm sure the author is pretty legit and could hand most people their rear ends on a platter, but the CW that he spreads is quite LOL-worthy. He also talks about eating a big meal before actual boxing training.. I guess if you have the time to go 5 hours in the gym HAM like he does than you would need some nourishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Most of that is expected, but how could a nutrition major not know that there are about a million reasons that people could have higher caloric needs? Sheesh.
    I have absolutely no clue. Her teachers were probably too busy teaching the power of whole grains, etc.

It kinda makes me sad that she's paying for such an 'education.'

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    In the video the most disgusting thing was the guy spitting in cups. Next - the bread on swimming suits.

byounghusband is offline Junior Member
    CW greatness yesterday at lunch!!!!
    Went to Mexican Restaurant with four other guys from work.
    The corn chips and fresh flour tortillas hit the table. Everyone ('cept me) dive into the chips and salsa.
    One guy grabs a flour tortilla and douses it with spreadable butter crap (veg oils and flavorings) and rolls it up and eats it. I shuddered at that.
    We all order. Them - Enchiladas and rice/beans. Me - Chicken Asado. 1/2 a grilled chicken served with a plate full o' veggies!!
    When they came to serve the food, everyone else gets a plate about 1/2 full of what they ordered. I get a big platter with the chicken on veggies AND another plate with more Veggies.
    My boss comments, "Wow!! The smallest guy at the table gets the most food/biggest plate." I just said "YUP!!"
    I dig in. They all finish as I am 1/2 way done. Then they all hit the Soft Serve machine and it was a competition to see who got the biggest Ice Cream cone.
    Then low and behold, here come the Sopapillas..... Again, they all dive in and cover them with more of that spreadable butter crap (barf) and honey ...
    I finish my meal as they all finish their sopapillas. My boss then says, "Dang!! I'm gonna need a nap in about an hour....." They all agree....
    Face/Palm!!

Funny thing they didn't seem to get is I actually ate far less than they did and was awake and alert the whole rest of the day.

And about 2 hours later they were ALL Dragging Ass..... Out come the Snickers and Cokes. Ugh!!

Gotta LOVE eatin' REAL FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshSimmonds View Post
    Did that for Valentine's Day!

Recipe/method/story here

Shit that looks good. I'm getting 4 beef hearts on Saturday, I was going to use one for a texas style chili but now I might do this instead.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Had Breakfast with an old friend this am I had not seen in many a day, she was hugely overweight and her hair is falling out of her head at 30, hair on her chin etc. PCOS is my guess. She looks at me as I walk up, 120 lbs lighter and she gets this look. Not sure what it meant but anyways we start a jawin, head in and sit down to eat. This place knows me and cleans the grill for me, makes me a big veggie and bacon omelet 4 eggs in butter cause thats what I order. They put dill in it and oh man is it good.

Anyways she gets the plate of pancakes, french toast, fruit, orders extra toast as well and puts 6 teaspoons of sugar in the coffee and I kid you not, a cup of table syrup. Then she starts askin me how I have lost all my weight and watches me eat my breakfast with such a look of jealousy but keeps saying she cant eat that way, it does not work for her..... she used to be the hottest wench on 2 wheels with a body that melted the ice around her as she walked.... Now she is bald and dumpy and is pudgy a shape? But my food would make her fat?

I tried to explain that what she was eating was what was the problem, all the sugar, and sugar and some sugar on top causes insulin which fudges her hormones etc but I am not a doctor so what do I know. She is working on becoming more vegetarian for her health......

As we got up to go she creaked like a rusty hinge on an old barn door and limped to the cash at 30. I am 46, broken, bad back and a list of issues a mile long but She made me look limber..... She used to be a wonder of flexibility and I spend a lot of time finding that out but now she is falling apart. I just feel sorry for her and am I glad I did not marry her like I had been planning once upon a time.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Warmbear, that's just sad because 30 is not old. The funny thing, as decadent as it sounds, you omelet was probably not even half the calories of her breakfast. I know we don't love CICO around here, but a couple strips of bacon are maybe a 150-200 calories, probably the same as a piece of buttered toast.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We went to a Chinese buffet last night. Not the best choice I could've made, but I wanted me some cheap, fast pseudochinese.
    Looking around, you could really tell who hadn't made the connection yet (most of the restaurant.) It was heartbreaking to see the kid point at the broccoli beef only to be told "no, you won't like broccoli, here, let's get you some fried chicken." My heart sunk a little more hearing the guy in front of me say "I'm supposed to be eating healthy, so I'll just grab some lo mein." I gave up when, passing by the sushi, I heard a mom tell their kid, "no, raw fish is bad for you."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bckywgnr is offline Junior Member
    My boss offered me some pretzel thins yesterday. I said you know I dont eat that. He said "You really should eat a balanced diet" He ate 2 english muffins with jelly for lunch and was snacking on pretzels at 2 pm. I said "well, I had a big spinach salad with grilled chicken for lunch and I have lost 22 pounds in 2 months so Im gonna just keep doing this thanks"

Really? english muffins, jelly and pretzels is balanced????

Ptilol is offline Junior Member
    This event happens every year.... At Thanksgiving time I got to eat at someone else's house. They set out a yellow stick of mystery. I ask if it's butter or margarine. I get the same answer, "We normally use margarine but since it's Thanksgiving I want to use real butter since it tastes better. Since we only use it for holidays I hope it won't be too bad in the long run."

I'm happy with that but then someone else replies, "Imagine that whole stick clogging up your arteries just for the holidays. How is that a nice holiday treat? Heart attacks for the holidays!" Then they go into a whole lecture about cholesterol and sat fats and everyone in the house is overweight and on statins. And they chastise their mother for bringing in real butter for the holidays. All the cakes and pies and junk food are fine. But she should know better than to buy butter instead of margarine!

And someone else I know will ask the same question at restaurants: Butter or margarine? Then proceeds to load up her food with it if it's margarine and not use it at all if it's butter. (Or very sparingly...)

I don't mention my opinion on the matter. Any time in the past I've ever mentioned it, I get angry responses. So I don't go into it. lol

I do mention that margarine and butter have about the same calories, so using margarine shouldn't mean you can just pile it up high on everything like it suddenly doesn't count. The response is, "Yeah, but margarine's calories are from vegetables so they count as less."
    Last edited by Ptilol; 08-02-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptilol View Post

I do mention that margarine and butter have about the same calories, so using margarine shouldn't mean you can just pile it up high on everything like it suddenly doesn't count. The response is, "Yeah, but margarine's calories are from vegetables so they count as less."
    You cant cure stupid, you can hope it kills them before they breed but you cant cure it.....
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.