Page 699 of 873 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 699

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleontologist diet! Awesome, I'm totally stealing that.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Agreed, but what is disagree on is that they start off by treating their healthy, "pure" diet as something religiously superior. I dislike paleo/primal/anyone really who does this. This type of mentality can lead to eating disorders and a really unhealthy relationship with food and your body.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member

No offence to the Brits! All those people afraid of the beef heart... Heart's a muscle too! I think I'll go out and buy some tonight.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post

No offence to the Brits! All those people afraid of the beef heart... Heart's a muscle too! I think I'll go out and buy some tonight.
    I'm getting some grass fed beef heart on Saturday. It's an excellent deal for the weight and it makes a chili just as good as any roast.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Stew made with beef heart, onions, tomato, and sweet potato! So good.

AshSimmonds is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Stew made with beef heart, onions, tomato, and sweet potato! So good.
    Did that for Valentine's Day!

Recipe/method/story here

sires6 is offline Senior Member

I don't mind about the whole truth-in-advertising thing, but doesn't beef well, equal beef, so if you are using heart, doesn't that count? Last time I butchered, one came out of every animal I dressed...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    If you want some truly hilarious reading material, you should seriously just go to bodybuilding.com and look in the Nutrition section of the forum. Oh, the arguments I've gotten in on those forums...
    Those people are knuckleheads.

There is a better understanding there than the general public in some ways; eat low carb to cut, some fasting is good, understanding of macros and such.

But oddly it seems most people are brainwashed on the fat makes you fat and gives you heart attacks, a calorie is a calorie, eating schedule does not matter it's just CICO, sugar is not a problem it's just CICO.

Lots of dry chicken breast, egg whites, low fat cooking spray and rice eating going on there.

Never mind that the golden age of body building was paleo, they never thought to learn the history of the sport.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member

I saw this the other night and thought the same thing! What's freaking wrong with beef heart?!? It's a great step towards including more organ meats in your diet! Grind up some beef heart and liver with your grass fed beef and you've got the start of something good. Of all the foods on the show I found this to be by far the least disgusting - probably because I didn't find it disgusting at all.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    I saw this the other night and thought the same thing! What's freaking wrong with beef heart?!? It's a great step towards including more organ meats in your diet! Grind up some beef heart and liver with your grass fed beef and you've got the start of something good. Of all the foods on the show I found this to be by far the least disgusting - probably because I didn't find it disgusting at all.
    Totally agree with this Amy. heart, liver, kidneys and the like are so cheap in the uk because people won't or are frightened to try this stuff.

Heartbreaking story btw.
    Best wishes to your friend and his family.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!