Page 698 of 924 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishie View Post
    I'm sipping on a bulletproof Raktajino now (I used espresso and added hand-ground ceylon cinnamon, grated nutmeg, a dash of cayenne, coconut oil and butter. Added a tsp of raw honey. This helps me get through the rest of the day and energizes me for a round of playtime!) Last week I made Neelix's Paraka Wings (really spicy bbq wings sweetened with raw honey)

I also made Andorian ale (white wine (Moscato) with a drop of blue natural food coloring), and Hasperat (soft goat cheese mixed with roasted and salted red, orange, green and yellow peppers and cayenne to taste since it's supposed to be spicy). I used to use a tortilla to make the Hasperat but now I use a thin omelet. And I made Rokeg Blood pie (polenta with a spicy tomato based shrimp stew but I don't eat cornmeal anymore so I'm looking for an alternative.

Sweetheart, you are SO not alone in this! LOL!
    Q'Apla
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

A couple good ones....

This weekend was full of CW-ness..... Yikes:
    #1 At a neighbor's house for a pot luck Saturday night. Conversation was surrounding a couple of folks failures in making meatloaf. One lady stated her's was the best meatloaf because she ONLY uses 93% hamburger. Another neighbor (350 lbs) "That is the ONLY Hamburger you should eat!!" I thought to myself , "C'mon dude, you haven't eaten 93% HB n your life...." and then he begins to pontificate on how to lose weight. He has gained at least 100 pounds in the last 12 years I have known him. He spouted about the necessity for LOW fat and LOTS of grains for Carbs. I stated that I ate didn't eat any grains, processed food, sugar or alcohol in the past week and had lost almost 8 lbs. just by changing what I ate. I was told I need to do more research on diet before I began to give advise.... (Face/Table)

#2 On Sunday morning at Church, I run the Coffee Bar:
    Another member who works with me asks about my VFFs. I explain the bene's and she proceeds to tell me that the foot MUST have the support of modern shoes. (She's a Phys. Ed. teacher and has been for 30 years. And that the only people who wear those are those people on that "Paleontologist diet".... LMAO!!!!!) Sh'e sad she has Plantar's Faceitis (sp) and it won't go away. I told her I used to have it as well, but these VFF's put a halt to it, along with proper retraining on how to walk/run and stretch.
    I said it was funny that she mentioned the (haha) Paleontologist (giggle) diet.... And that I was eating Primally. "Oh, you're eating RAW stuff!!" Nope, Real food!! Eggs/Bacon/meat/Veggies, No grains/Processed foods/sugar, etc... "Where's your Carbs coming?" :-o Uh Veggies. Guess what?? We're WRONG!!! and she's a Phys. Ed. teacher, so she knows the truth!!! (face/counter)

And #3:
    A lady and her Granddaughter came to the coffee bar.
    Me: What can I get for you Ladies?
    Lady digging in her purse for $$, say to her G.D.: Don't order anything that is gonna make you bounce off the walls!! Get yourself a Smoothie or something.
    Me: (bite my tongue thinking, does she have ANY idea how much sugar and CRAP is in our Smoothie mix?? Yikes!!)
    G.D.: I'll have a Mocha Frappuccino with Whipped Cream(fake) and Chocolate and Carmel Sauce on top.
    Lady: Oh that'll be just fine....
    Me: (face/Counter) again. Headache.....

Quote Originally Posted by byounghusband View Post
    Guess what?? We're WRONG!!! and she's a Phys. Ed. teacher, so she knows the truth!!!
    First of all, welcome to the primal world.

Second of all, I absolutely ABHOR the whole "authority means I'm right and you're a crazy whackjob" mentality when it comes to fitness/nutrition. Yes, authority usually results in a person being more knowledgeable... but some people refuse to have an open mind.

I had a friend-of-a-friend at my university who was majoring in nutrition try to teach me some points... Here were her biggest offenders [and my counterpoints in brackets]...

1. Fat is inherently harder for the body to break down [well, it has over 2x many calories, but that doesn't make it necessarily harder to break down so to speak]
    2. Saturated fat is bad [wait, so you're telling me naturally occurring products like beef and coconut are bad?]
    3. Eating over 3500 calories a day is horrible! That's like a pound of food! [At 6'2'' and 210 pounds and 4x a week lifting + sprinting, I need about that much just to maintain weight!]
    4. Lifting on an empty stomach will break down your muscles! [Yeah, but that's the point of lifting... the muscles get repaired and stronger than before when I polish off six eggs and some bacon post-workout.]

... I got nowhere in the argument and ended up not overstepping my boundaries in order to preserve my relationship with our mutual friend. But what do I know? I'm just some whackjob who cherry-picks articles on the internet. That girl, the nutrition major, had multiple classes! She had textbooks and instruction! She has to be right!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
    First of all, welcome to the primal world.

Second of all, I absolutely ABHOR the whole "authority means I'm right and you're a crazy whackjob" mentality when it comes to fitness/nutrition. Yes, authority usually results in a person being more knowledgeable... but some people refuse to have an open mind.

I had a friend-of-a-friend at my university who was majoring in nutrition try to teach me some points... Here were her biggest offenders [and my counterpoints in brackets]...

1. Fat is inherently harder for the body to break down [well, it has over 2x many calories, but that doesn't make it necessarily harder to break down so to speak]
    2. Saturated fat is bad [wait, so you're telling me naturally occurring products like beef and coconut are bad?]
    3. Eating over 3500 calories a day is horrible! That's like a pound of food! [At 6'2'' and 210 pounds and 4x a week lifting + sprinting, I need about that much just to maintain weight!]
    4. Lifting on an empty stomach will break down your muscles! [Yeah, but that's the point of lifting... the muscles get repaired and stronger than before when I polish off six eggs and some bacon post-workout.]

... I got nowhere in the argument and ended up not overstepping my boundaries in order to preserve my relationship with our mutual friend. But what do I know? I'm just some whackjob who cherry-picks articles on the internet. That girl, the nutrition major, had multiple classes! She had textbooks and instruction! She has to be right!
    Most of that is expected, but how could a nutrition major not know that there are about a million reasons that people could have higher caloric needs? Sheesh.

Paleontologist diet! Awesome, I'm totally stealing that.

Agreed, but what is disagree on is that they start off by treating their healthy, "pure" diet as something religiously superior. I dislike paleo/primal/anyone really who does this. This type of mentality can lead to eating disorders and a really unhealthy relationship with food and your body.

No offence to the Brits! All those people afraid of the beef heart... Heart's a muscle too! I think I'll go out and buy some tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post

No offence to the Brits! All those people afraid of the beef heart... Heart's a muscle too! I think I'll go out and buy some tonight.
    I'm getting some grass fed beef heart on Saturday. It's an excellent deal for the weight and it makes a chili just as good as any roast.

Stew made with beef heart, onions, tomato, and sweet potato! So good.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Stew made with beef heart, onions, tomato, and sweet potato! So good.
    Did that for Valentine's Day!

Recipe/method/story here