Page 698 of 880 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 698

Trishie is offline Member

Star Trek Foods!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Is it weird that I've been having dreams lately (as in, multiple nights this week) where I'm telling someone about paleo? And this morning I swear to god I woke up thinking about what kind of foods I could serve at a Star Trek theme party while trying to stick to primal requirements.

This is what I came up with after laying in bed for about half an hour:

Appetizer:
    - Bajoran spring wine (mead)
    - Bajoran moba fruit with cheese (halved red pears -- fruit makes me hungry, I don't know about you guys)

Main course:
    - blood wine (pinot noir)
    - roast targ (wild boar) over greens
    - gagh (shredded squash with some sort of sweet & spicy worcestershire-based marinade to make it brown)
    - plasma leek soup (turnip and leek soup)

Dessert:
    - raktajino (bulletproof mexican mocha)
    - flourless dark chocolate cellular peptide cake - with mint frosting

I think I may've just betrayed how much of a nerd I am...
    I'm sipping on a bulletproof Raktajino now (I used espresso and added hand-ground ceylon cinnamon, grated nutmeg, a dash of cayenne, coconut oil and butter. Added a tsp of raw honey. This helps me get through the rest of the day and energizes me for a round of playtime!) Last week I made Neelix's Paraka Wings (really spicy bbq wings sweetened with raw honey)

I also made Andorian ale (white wine (Moscato) with a drop of blue natural food coloring), and Hasperat (soft goat cheese mixed with roasted and salted red, orange, green and yellow peppers and cayenne to taste since it's supposed to be spicy). I used to use a tortilla to make the Hasperat but now I use a thin omelet. And I made Rokeg Blood pie (polenta with a spicy tomato based shrimp stew but I don't eat cornmeal anymore so I'm looking for an alternative.

Sweetheart, you are SO not alone in this! LOL!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Both of you are now on my Besties list

That rocks. Totally.

GrokMendoza is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I was waiting in line at Walmart. My attention was drawn to the cover photo of a magazine, where there was something wrapped in bacon, and some other things. It looked like a banana wrapped in bacon.

Actually, it was corn on the cob. But now I can't stop thinking about wrapping a banana in bacon and roasting it.
    That actually sounds like a great idea

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Stumbled across this.
    "The reason it is important to correct this misinformation is that many people are afraid to follow healthful, pure vegetarian diets—they worry about “incomplete proteins” from plant sources. A vegetarian diet based on any single one or combination of these unprocessed starches (eg, rice, corn, potatoes, beans), with the addition of vegetables and fruits, supplies all the protein, amino acids, essential fats, minerals, and vitamins (with the exception of vitamin B12) necessary for excellent health. To wrongly suggest that people need to eat animal protein for nutrients will encourage them to add foods that are known to contribute to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and many forms of cancer, to name just a few common problems."

Wait, what about vitamin B12 then? I really don't have anything against vegetarians or their diet; I actually think that it can be a very healthy diet for some people so long as it's done intelligently ie: lots of high quality vitamins and fats from high quality eggs/dairy, insects, ferments, and lacking in antinutrients and fake foods. Nor I try to convert people who don't express interest, but this is just sad and terribly "misinformed." Talk about the dramatic irony...

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Wait, what about vitamin B12 then?
    They can take a supplement? How many primal people take supplements?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishie View Post
    I'm sipping on a bulletproof Raktajino now (I used espresso and added hand-ground ceylon cinnamon, grated nutmeg, a dash of cayenne, coconut oil and butter. Added a tsp of raw honey. This helps me get through the rest of the day and energizes me for a round of playtime!) Last week I made Neelix's Paraka Wings (really spicy bbq wings sweetened with raw honey)

I also made Andorian ale (white wine (Moscato) with a drop of blue natural food coloring), and Hasperat (soft goat cheese mixed with roasted and salted red, orange, green and yellow peppers and cayenne to taste since it's supposed to be spicy). I used to use a tortilla to make the Hasperat but now I use a thin omelet. And I made Rokeg Blood pie (polenta with a spicy tomato based shrimp stew but I don't eat cornmeal anymore so I'm looking for an alternative.

Oh. I am so there. I always thought spaghetti squash looked like gahk. Tamari sauce (fermented soy) or some other Primal brown would make it look wonderful. Blood ticks... crawdads? K'plah!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trishie View Post

Q'Apla
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

byounghusband is offline Junior Member

A couple good ones....

This weekend was full of CW-ness..... Yikes:
    #1 At a neighbor's house for a pot luck Saturday night. Conversation was surrounding a couple of folks failures in making meatloaf. One lady stated her's was the best meatloaf because she ONLY uses 93% hamburger. Another neighbor (350 lbs) "That is the ONLY Hamburger you should eat!!" I thought to myself , "C'mon dude, you haven't eaten 93% HB n your life...." and then he begins to pontificate on how to lose weight. He has gained at least 100 pounds in the last 12 years I have known him. He spouted about the necessity for LOW fat and LOTS of grains for Carbs. I stated that I ate didn't eat any grains, processed food, sugar or alcohol in the past week and had lost almost 8 lbs. just by changing what I ate. I was told I need to do more research on diet before I began to give advise.... (Face/Table)

#2 On Sunday morning at Church, I run the Coffee Bar:
    Another member who works with me asks about my VFFs. I explain the bene's and she proceeds to tell me that the foot MUST have the support of modern shoes. (She's a Phys. Ed. teacher and has been for 30 years. And that the only people who wear those are those people on that "Paleontologist diet".... LMAO!!!!!) Sh'e sad she has Plantar's Faceitis (sp) and it won't go away. I told her I used to have it as well, but these VFF's put a halt to it, along with proper retraining on how to walk/run and stretch.
    I said it was funny that she mentioned the (haha) Paleontologist (giggle) diet.... And that I was eating Primally. "Oh, you're eating RAW stuff!!" Nope, Real food!! Eggs/Bacon/meat/Veggies, No grains/Processed foods/sugar, etc... "Where's your Carbs coming?" :-o Uh Veggies. Guess what?? We're WRONG!!! and she's a Phys. Ed. teacher, so she knows the truth!!! (face/counter)

And #3:
    A lady and her Granddaughter came to the coffee bar.
    Me: What can I get for you Ladies?
    Lady digging in her purse for $$, say to her G.D.: Don't order anything that is gonna make you bounce off the walls!! Get yourself a Smoothie or something.
    Me: (bite my tongue thinking, does she have ANY idea how much sugar and CRAP is in our Smoothie mix?? Yikes!!)
    G.D.: I'll have a Mocha Frappuccino with Whipped Cream(fake) and Chocolate and Carmel Sauce on top.
    Lady: Oh that'll be just fine....
    Me: (face/Counter) again. Headache.....

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by byounghusband View Post
    Guess what?? We're WRONG!!! and she's a Phys. Ed. teacher, so she knows the truth!!!
    First of all, welcome to the primal world.

Second of all, I absolutely ABHOR the whole "authority means I'm right and you're a crazy whackjob" mentality when it comes to fitness/nutrition. Yes, authority usually results in a person being more knowledgeable... but some people refuse to have an open mind.

I had a friend-of-a-friend at my university who was majoring in nutrition try to teach me some points... Here were her biggest offenders [and my counterpoints in brackets]...

1. Fat is inherently harder for the body to break down [well, it has over 2x many calories, but that doesn't make it necessarily harder to break down so to speak]
    2. Saturated fat is bad [wait, so you're telling me naturally occurring products like beef and coconut are bad?]
    3. Eating over 3500 calories a day is horrible! That's like a pound of food! [At 6'2'' and 210 pounds and 4x a week lifting + sprinting, I need about that much just to maintain weight!]
    4. Lifting on an empty stomach will break down your muscles! [Yeah, but that's the point of lifting... the muscles get repaired and stronger than before when I polish off six eggs and some bacon post-workout.]

... I got nowhere in the argument and ended up not overstepping my boundaries in order to preserve my relationship with our mutual friend. But what do I know? I'm just some whackjob who cherry-picks articles on the internet. That girl, the nutrition major, had multiple classes! She had textbooks and instruction! She has to be right!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
    First of all, welcome to the primal world.

Second of all, I absolutely ABHOR the whole "authority means I'm right and you're a crazy whackjob" mentality when it comes to fitness/nutrition. Yes, authority usually results in a person being more knowledgeable... but some people refuse to have an open mind.

I had a friend-of-a-friend at my university who was majoring in nutrition try to teach me some points... Here were her biggest offenders [and my counterpoints in brackets]...

1. Fat is inherently harder for the body to break down [well, it has over 2x many calories, but that doesn't make it necessarily harder to break down so to speak]
    2. Saturated fat is bad [wait, so you're telling me naturally occurring products like beef and coconut are bad?]
    3. Eating over 3500 calories a day is horrible! That's like a pound of food! [At 6'2'' and 210 pounds and 4x a week lifting + sprinting, I need about that much just to maintain weight!]
    4. Lifting on an empty stomach will break down your muscles! [Yeah, but that's the point of lifting... the muscles get repaired and stronger than before when I polish off six eggs and some bacon post-workout.]

... I got nowhere in the argument and ended up not overstepping my boundaries in order to preserve my relationship with our mutual friend. But what do I know? I'm just some whackjob who cherry-picks articles on the internet. That girl, the nutrition major, had multiple classes! She had textbooks and instruction! She has to be right!
    Most of that is expected, but how could a nutrition major not know that there are about a million reasons that people could have higher caloric needs? Sheesh.