Page 696 of 901 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 696

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like coolwhip mixed with cream cheese has had a negative impact on dessert. It finds it's way into everything. Fold in cookies, cake, candy and call it dessert.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    ..on the other hand, I've picked up some amazing small batch cream cheese from pastured cows, and mixed it myself with heavy cream or sour cream, and lightly sweetened it with honey, and served as an accent with fresh berries.

See, THAT'S what a dessert is. I can't even stand restaurant "desserts" anymore.

Trying to remember the last one I had, which I recall was hideously over-sweetened with a strongly chemical flavoring to it, but I can't remember where it was.

..on the other hand, I've picked up some amazing small batch cream cheese from pastured cows, and mixed it myself with heavy cream or sour cream, and lightly sweetened it with honey, and served as an accent with fresh berries.
    YUM.... LOL, and if you served that people would be all "OMFG so high in fat!" and not eat it while consuming a metric ton of a mix of coolwhip, fat free cream cheese and oreos.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm straight up OK with the occasional gluten dessert. I just don't want to bake it anymore. I want ONE small portion of a well executed cake, cookie, pie, cheesecake etc. They can't even get that shit right. And it's seeping into finer restaurants now which is annoying. Mmm... perfect roast chicken and veggies. Now for some tiramisu. Excepy your tiramisu is coated in whipped topping, fudge and caramel.
    I don't mind if you eat all the gluten desserts you want. I just don't like having to visit a different restaurant for dessert or go home and cook because a restaurant that prides itself on having options for people who can't do gluten has changed their dessert menu to only have gluten options.

I just don't like having to visit a different restaurant for dessert or go home and cook because a restaurant that prides itself on having options for people who can't do gluten has changed their dessert menu to only have gluten options.
    LOL, well, you probably are not missing out much, unfortunately.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Is it too much to ask for one well-executed flourless chocolate cake?
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I don't mind if you eat all the gluten desserts you want. I just don't like having to visit a different restaurant for dessert or go home and cook because a restaurant that prides itself on having options for people who can't do gluten has changed their dessert menu to only have gluten options.
    When I go to a restaurant and I don't like any of the dessert options, I get some port. Or ice wine.

byounghusband is offline Junior Member
    Saw this today off of a link from Thrillst.com.

Why Skipping Breakfast Might Raise Risk Of Heart Disease : The Salt : NPR

This study seems to be a bit flawed in its comment about Skipping breakfast:

"Cahill says when you prolong fasting by skipping breakfast you can put a strain on the body. "And over many years ... it can lead to insulin sensitivity, which can lead to [type-2] diabetes, [and] it can lead to high blood pressure," she says, which over time can lead to heart disease."

and

"We really saw that breakfast itself was important," concludes Cahill. Whether it's skipping breakfast in the morning or eating very late at night, this pattern of eating may lead to adverse metabolic effects that set the stage for heart disease."

This study never really talks about what to eat when you eat breakfast. I suppose if they recommended something Paleo/Primal, it would shoot even more holes in their theory....

Eat when you're hungry. Your body will tell you what it needs. We just need to listen.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    I make fudge every year for thanksgiving. I started putting nuts back some years ago because they help cut the sweetness but I still like it. I have a major sweet tooth, though.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    Is it too much to ask for one well-executed flourless chocolate cake?
    It's generally too much to ask for a well executed anything. The more I cook at home the less impressed I am with food out. So much of it wasted somewhere else, frozen and shipped. It's hard to find a restaurant that actually cooks anything these days.