Page 695 of 841 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705745795 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 8408

Thread: Funny CW moments page 695

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing.

A few years ago I was in the states and the woman wanted to goto Cheesecake Factory (barf), so I took her. The triple heart attack fudge cake desert was so large, and soo sweet we couldn't even believe it was real. No human needs, nor should ever consume, something that sweet. It's just plain unnatural. This was like lab fructose instant diabetes sweet. My old boss in the states used to bring in homemade fudge that was the same way. Nobody else in the world does that.

Americans taste buds are fried.
    I don't get what it is with fudge. Around here they sell it at farmstands, on busy rural roads people sell it with pies and cakes, they even sell it at ice cream stands for that "homestyle" touch. It's like pure sugar with enough chocolate to color it but not enough to give it any flavor. It is normally cut into pieces that are 4 ounces or larger, like that's a serving. Eek!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We have some seriously good fudge out here, but I have to say, most places serve it in little 3/4" cubes, actually the right size for fudge, I think. Granted, they give you about 8 cubes, but that's because we share. Right?

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Ohhhh fudge......
    My sister made the best fudge. The real kind that you had to use a thermometer or go through the whole ball stages, no marshmallow involved! It was really good when it was made in the drier climates of NE and Central Oregon!!
    Donuts...growing up in NE Oregon in the 70's, the local mom and pop donut shop opened at like 11pm and we knew what time each batch donuts would come out!!
    I think if we had stayed with these types of sweet foods, scratch baked goodies that the obesity epidemic wouldn't be so wide spread. Real sugar, real ingredients yum!!!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    20 minutes after telling me how great I look a person tells me my dinner is going to make me gain all the weight back.
    2 egg omelette with bacon
    *sigh*
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    Sugar

Maybe... maybe people will start to believe.
    Great article. Sugar correlates with chronic disease across all the hunter-gatherer societies and developed societies alike. It fits with the obesity in the US and MX, and the lack of obesity in JP and KR. It's a perfect fit for the whole metabolic syndrome cluster.

People are really obtuse.

Thanks for posting, I'm forwarding it.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Fudge can be hit or miss. Done right, it's like a truffle. Done wrong...ewww sugar.

Desserts have gotten SO overdone. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy sweets. But jesus, this attempt to combine things like cheesecake, cookies, fudge, peanut butter and whatever else into a big mash up just ends up gross. I love pudding. I love cheesecake. I love a cookie. I love chocolate and peanut butter. But no need to merge them all and coat with whipped cream and caramel. And ice cream. There is such lovely decadance in well made chocolate mousse and cheesecake can be amazingly rich. No idea why this trend of gobbing shit together got started. I think it is because commercial desserts aren't very good and they just pile on crap to hide what is lacking.

While I'm bitching about foods that aren't primal, when the hell did cookies become discus sized? I don't get that.

And desserts in general when you eat out are so fucking huge. Like I'd love a small portion of chocolate mousse, but you can't get that anymore. No kidding- my birthday a couple years ago, we ordered the slice of chocolate cake AND 8 PEOPLE ate from one piece of cake and half of that was leftover. I ordered coconut cream pie a while back (I try and only eat sweets out) and it was literally 1/4 of a pie.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Fudge can be hit or miss. Done right, it's like a truffle. Done wrong...ewww sugar.

Desserts have gotten SO overdone. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy sweets. But jesus, this attempt to combine things like cheesecake, cookies, fudge, peanut butter and whatever else into a big mash up just ends up gross. I love pudding. I love cheesecake. I love a cookie. I love chocolate and peanut butter. But no need to merge them all and coat with whipped cream and caramel. And ice cream. There is such lovely decadance in well made chocolate mousse and cheesecake can be amazingly rich. No idea why this trend of gobbing shit together got started. I think it is because commercial desserts aren't very good and they just pile on crap to hide what is lacking.

While I'm bitching about foods that aren't primal, when the hell did cookies become discus sized? I don't get that.

And desserts in general when you eat out are so fucking huge. Like I'd love a small portion of chocolate mousse, but you can't get that anymore. No kidding- my birthday a couple years ago, we ordered the slice of chocolate cake AND 8 PEOPLE ate from one piece of cake and half of that was leftover. I ordered coconut cream pie a while back (I try and only eat sweets out) and it was literally 1/4 of a pie.
    Don't get me started on desserts. Even in the old, bad, era of gluten unawareness, there were lots of desserts offered that were naturally gluten-free. Think chocolate mousse or creme brulee. Now every restaurant has to have cake, cookies, cookie dough, and/or pie crust in every single dessert they sell, and lots of them won't sell you just a dish of ice cream even if they keep it to put on their monstrosities, even if they consider themselves as offering gluten-free options.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think people's taste buds may have gotten numb. Also, with the grazing model, snacks became thought of as small meals. Once you're in that mindset, your desserts have to be something "special." And with prepared ingredients, hell, just toss every sweet thing in the cupboard into a bowl, cover it with your artificial "cream" topping, and Voila! You're a damn chef. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I'm straight up OK with the occasional gluten dessert. I just don't want to bake it anymore. I want ONE small portion of a well executed cake, cookie, pie, cheesecake etc. They can't even get that shit right. And it's seeping into finer restaurants now which is annoying. Mmm... perfect roast chicken and veggies. Now for some tiramisu. Excepy your tiramisu is coated in whipped topping, fudge and caramel.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I was recently infuriated by a local mom and pop shop. I ordered something called "Mexican cinnamon cheesecake." Ok, should be cheesecake with cinnamon and maybe chocolate, right? Nope. Cream cheese whipped with cool whip between layers of box yellow cake, crusted with cinnamon sugar. How the hell is that a cheesecake? !
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome